1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: DoTA!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Whatsifsowhatsit, Jun 2, 2007.

Re: DoTA!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Whatsifsowhatsit, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Well at the very beginning I was kicked from every game since there is some sort of consense that no one should DL DOTA. Only explict stated games allow that. That already gives a hint about the Dota community.

I admit it was a while back but I was banned at ~every 2nd or 3rd game because I wasn´t good enough - things like figuring out recipes abilities or lasthitting on the go are very hard.
    And singleplayer lacks enemys wich turn every concept around again. As newb you are already dead when you notice that you haven´t seen your direct opponent in the lane for 2 mins (or at least it feels like it).

I also "read up" for a specific char (sniper in my case) so I could be confident on skills and items. But lasthitting singleplayer and multiplayer are worlds apart. It´s like expecting to play decent Starcraft after finishing the campaign (wich does teach you mechanical skills and unit uses).

DOTA noobs only aren´t made by benolevent (?) players that want to furthen the community, they are made by a**holes that want easy wins.

Please note that I never said that DOTA is a bad map - far from it - but anything in it seems to discourage beginners. I don´t doubt it is fun for thouse that are already good with it.

2. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Oh sorry for that Kicked from evry game :)
    but its okey lol :)

PEACE :)

3. JBL

JBL New Member

You should always download the lastest map from getdota.com it's easy and it takes about 10seconds.

4. Protosscommander

Sure Sir, in 10sec only wow, great, i try it hahaha i will try :)

peace :)

5. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

I didn´t complain about it it´s just the mindset behind it. You also shouldn´t join games if you don´t know all Heroes/items etc...

6. Protosscommander

Hehehe, may be a kind of misunderstanding :)
    PEACE :)

7. Nuclear Launch

Nuclear Launch New Member

Noobs will be always welcome at "Dota X.X noobs only". the thing is that dota games created by (and for) noobs are kinda rare.
    It is hateful when your are playing it seriously and a noob feeds the other team leaving you hopeless.

8. Jamaca

Jamaca New Member

i started playing dota a long while ago, since verion 5.5~ something ( 2004)

ive quit for a year so not familiar with the new heros or what ever, but from my experience i can say this

pros
    - excellent hero micromanagement
    - casting aiming spells, last hitting creeps, hiding in trees, (even in corners can get you a split secound which can make all the difference), positioning (behind creeps, near allies, out of danger , being on bottom of ramps give you 50% miss etcetc), drawing creep aggro, body blocking, last hit denies , lots more
    - rewards timing and team work

cons
    - bad learning curve, very hard on newbies
    - the general community are impatient with newbs and treat them badly
    - some imbalances theres like 80 heros to balance with different game modes item etc
    - down time : early game farming, farming creeps, late game deaths can be 50sec+
    - for most sc players the intensity seems to scale down abit as your micromanaging one hero at a time ( there are some summons/pets, chikens etc).

overcomming the cons would take a bit of commitment
    i suggest
    - getting friends with experience to help you and teach you
    - play with as many friends as you can, alot of public players are fags
    - when you get good ( average+) then you won't die as much, at my peack i played about 3-4 games a day and died about once a month, so no worries about down time

hope this helps anyone interested

9. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    LOLZ, typical for the lich king to createa thread about DOTA, well sure, ive played this mostly to kick the A$$ of my friends, the game is popular here in the Phil. and im a Pro.... so....... in DOTA's Terms

Enrage + Overpower + FurySwipes + a measly ol' LichKing = Ownage!

10. zenithar666

zenithar666 New Member

dota is prolly the best game out of all wc3
    the only prob with it is the hateful attitudes of people playing
    they get so angry esp when u are a noob
    my fav is ranged hero
    i like dwarven sniper he is fun =D

11. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    ^
    yup ure right my bruther...
    dota community is pretty crap...-_- if only they were more friendly.....like sc community!!

and this forum is probably the most friedliest forum ever!! =D

12. The Watcher

The Watcher Guest

DoTA scares me.....

seriously I joined a game that said noobs only (guess why) and they were all talking stategy and stuff, and I had no clue what any acronyms meant, and they all got pissed and called me a noob.

remeber this?

<spam>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-TZk4gPKM

lololol

</spam>

13. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    lolololololol taht song is awesome man!!

i pumped it in my brother's car once..rofl!!

14. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

I now know my new favorite song.... of ALL time. Any way I played dota quite a bit before with some friends off my starcraft days, but I stopped playing it when I quit starcraft. But since I started playing starcraft a bit more thanks to this site and that song (it's awesome) I think I'll start playing it again. Anyone want a game? For all of you who had a bad dota experience come play with me :p becuase I'm a noob at it to.

EDIT: Ok guys me and gas mask where gonna play and you know noob it up, but neither of us can host on Warcraft. So if anyone else wants to play or just be nice and host a game for us :D that would be great.

15. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Yup, me and Fox wanna plaaay! So... Who's up? And when?

16. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

^^ What he said

We really need someone who can host for us becuase I really wanted to play :( and of course beat gasmask :p but nah I'm a noob a dota really I got pretty good at it playing day after day for a few months but the guys I played with weren't team players (I mean they would help each other but we just each went to our own side and faught alone) so I don't have much experience in team play and I never had a very good item build.

For the record we played private matches agiasnt computers on hard (for those who haven't played agasint dota comps I suggest you do, they arent push over they can really own some people)

Also I always used vemonmancer becuase he was cool ^.^ and I always got the first kill using his posion moves. He can get quite beastly late game with the right items, 400 damage with posion and super fast attack and 50 armor can help quite a bit.
    Also his ultimate move is a favorite of mine.

Edit: Also reading back on all the other posts here no one seems to like the vemonmancer :( I think hes a cool hero but I guess that just me being a noob :upset:

Oh and as a side note that guy in the dota video int eh begging thats singing, he reminds me of peter from heros

17. zenithar666

zenithar666 New Member

how exactly do u host a game?
    whenever i try it no one can connect to it
    if anyone knows then please tell me
    i hate joining games on battle net that say noob game but they turn out to be pro's lol
    tho gl with finding a host ssjfox/ gasmaskguy

18. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Well if you know how to make a game but people just can't connect to it you have the same problem as me and gasmask, and thats just that you have latency issues (as far as I know) and as far as I know there is no way to fix it but if there is a way to than someone please post it.

19. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    it could be firewall like me. But I can't mess with it so can't host

20. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

GAH can no one on this site host :( I really felt like playing a game with someone :/