1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: DoTA!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Whatsifsowhatsit, Jun 2, 2007.

Re: DoTA!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Whatsifsowhatsit, Jun 2, 2007.

1. JBL

JBL New Member

I said scandinavian because I knew it was in scandinavia but I didn't know in which scandinavian country exactly..

Oh and my favorite dota heroes are:

Furion
    Syllabear
    Huskar
    Viper
    Rustleback (whatever the spelling is)
    Enchantress
    hmm there are a bunch of other heroes I really like.. but idk..

2. Warsaw

Warsaw New Member

i used to play the roc dota 3.7. it is way more balanced than any tft ones ( way less laggy too). Basically every sinle hero was used and the games got soo intense. especially when the teams were even. It was so intense that people got IP banned just for dropping out of the game or leaving the game. If you didnt play at least like 30 games you were considered a noob. AHhhhh yes dota 3.7 the good old days..

"omfg you chose sa? what a noob hero" -guy who just got ripped in half in 2 slices

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

dotaportal .com <- get the latest maps and tips here.

dota for starcraft 2! ^^

4. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

NO!! XP

5. kingsky123

kingsky123 New Member

Zeus,
    bristleback ,
    centaur warchief ,
    Sandking,
    Bane elemental,

are the charactors im good at.

Spectre is the charactor i like to play :p

6. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

rogue knight,
    slayer,
    moonfang,
    crystal maiden,
    dragon knight,
    lesrac,
    ursa warrior,
    zeus,
    nevermore,
    balanar,
    and pandaren

are the character im good at.

slayer is the charactor i like to play

7. Nuclear Launch

Nuclear Launch New Member

In the last dota games I played I used the Venomancer just because I was so excited about SC2 (I had just finished to watch the video showing the Protoss). Just because he is the dota Hydralisk.

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

right. the hydra should be pwning all heroes in dota. lol

we need zeratul in dota to show them what starcraft is all about.

9. danhillman693

danhillman693 Member

Yes, StarCraft in DotA would be cool. Anyway, the only character I can own with is Tiny. Maybe there will be a version of DotA for StarCraft 2.

10. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

i still hope not ^_^
    *random OT note* even pros have trouble dealing with a farmed up n00by bloodseeker ^.^

11. DaygoWop

DaygoWop New Member

The hydra (venomancer) is awesome and is one of my favorites. Although he is not very good in high level play. Also, there is a templar assassin hero that tries to be like a dark templar...

12. JBL

JBL New Member

Bumping this topic and asking for dota players.

We could make some kind of DoTA league on sc2forums..

who would be interested? just reply and tell us if you are interested.. if there are enough people seriously interested, I will make a topic about it and try to organise something.. in house games, maybe a tourney? we will see.. everything depends on how many are interested in played dota..

so for now, I would the interested players to reply here.

13. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

I gave up on Dota since it just isn´t accsessable. It is geared for competative play not fun (didn´t know that was mutuallay exclusive). The learning curve is extremely steep and it doesn´t get better: Until you know each hero and Item reciepe including common Hero and Item builds youre a hopeless noob and feeder ruining the game for everyone including yourself.

Yes once you know all the ins and outs it can be fun but unless you started very early it is just painfull to learn for everyone involved.

(You can easily rewrite the above rant to explain why SC 2 shouldn´t have a outdated UI).

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i want to join but i dont have warcraft III bnet =\

15. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

oH!!!! I Hate DOTA :) FOR ME ITS boring grggg.... Starcraft is the best :)

16. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

you cant compare them. i love both and are very much different from each other. ^^

17. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Okey!!! we have a different choices :) and Taste when it come in to a Game :) heheh
    peace :)

18. JBL

JBL New Member

Zeratul11 is right, you can't compare them, DoTA is more like a mini version of WoW in which you don't have to waste your whole life.. only 1 hour once in a while.

and to the person who said dota was too hard to learn:

of course you gotta know the heroes and items.. and item builds.

but you don't need to be able to play with every heroes..

What I did to start with is tried to play 1 hero...trying to make an item build for this hero (inspiring myself from guides, but also testing my own way to play the hero.. after a few games you'll get your own personalized item build and you'll be able to change it depending of the game..

now the biggest problem is "not knowing what the enemy can do to you" aka "I never saw that hero before" ... Today I know a lot of heroes and still.. when I encounter one that I don't know it's much harder for me to deal with him.. because I have no idea of what he's going to do..

the key to that is to go on the dota website after a game and look at the enemy heroes you encountered and learn their spell.. again, after a few times you'll know many of the most popular heroes..

also, I suggest trying new heroes every now and then.. of course the best would be the always -random.. however I understand that doing so makes you feed and been noob.. I kinda suck too when I random a hero that I'm not used to play.. now I can play about 15-20 heroes.. and I masterized like 5 of them that I know good item builds that work with me..

Anyway.. I believe you should learn dota because once you start owning.. it's getting great..

19. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

Well that is another Problem: what good are 25+(?) Heroes when only 5 of them are good/reasonable to learn? But you can still deal with that as "the rest are joke heroes to weed out noobs"

Another thing I loathe about it is the horrible "last hit" mechanic. That actually makes it more important to kill your own creeps to deny the enemy Gold and XP. It may be "skill" but for me it is just a limitation. I know that it propably isn´t possible to work different because of the WC3 Mechanics.

And even then it is just to painfull to learn it since you get banned every 2nd game for being noob. That just isn´t fun.

20. JBL

JBL New Member

Ok, first there are at least 80 heroes in DoTA and at least 90% of them are very good and balanced... basicly, it depends of your gameplay.. I agree that some heroes are EASIER to play than others.. but that doesn't make the others crappier, sometimes you gotta figure out how to use it.. let's take Furion has an example.. some might think he's a spell caster since he's intel.. however, his spells doesn't really work like other intel heroes..two of his lvl1 spells are enough for early game, the 3rd one is totally useless until late game/or if you are making him a pusher only.. while his base dmg is not very good, that leaves a lot of space for "+stats" early. Also, he's not a spell caster, he's a dmg dealer.. his teleport allows him to use power treads instead of boots of travel to make him attack much faster, his sprout gives him the time to hit the targets.. and his ulti is perfect for farming super costy dmg item.. with desolator, power treads and buriza, he's a killing machine that can teleport behind any hero, start attacking him and then stop him from moving for a full 5.25 seconds while you still attack him with ur super insane dmg, -6 armor and x2.2 dmg critical... furion is amazing.. however.. the first time I played him.. I didn't know what to do with his spells and I thought he totally sucked..

With the recent changes to how the experience is given.. it's more important to kill than to deny.. also.. it's very possible to do both..

You could play single player a bit to figure out what is the game about instead of feeding.. of course no one likes to have a feeder in his team.. but I don't think the new players get banned for that. (unless the game stats "pro only" or something)