1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: DoTA!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Whatsifsowhatsit, Jun 2, 2007.

Re: DoTA!!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Whatsifsowhatsit, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

maybe someday after SC 2 is released we'll have a DoTA type game for it

2. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

lol. actually maybe both sides are playing with teams (complete 5) thats usually the cause when you get booted out. just create and no one can boot you out.

3. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

DotA players are probably some of the meanest sons-of-bitches in the gaming world. The reason this is is that it is really good when you work together and help each other, and when you are used to playing with people who know what they are doing, you can predict what will happen. For instance:
    Ok I have 20 health, I'll just run towards Naga Siren and she will either ensnare my pursuer or put them all to sleep.

Ok here I come naga

ok sleep
    SLEEP?
    SLEEP!
    SLEEP OMFGWTF!
    *dead*

So when you play with someone who is n00bish and they don't know what to do, it costs everyone else on the team. My suggestion is to start with someone who isn't very complicated, like Razor, the Lightning Revenant. He is basically the epitome of an Agi character and all he does is damage. Or someone like centaur warchief who is the epitome of strength. Once you get a feel, branch out into different character types and item builds and stuff

4. Bumbaloe

Bumbaloe New Member

getdota.com . They boot you because you are downloading the map. Put it in your c: >> program files >> warcraft 3 >> maps folder after you download it.

5. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I liked DoTA b4, now everyone that plays it just runs away all the time its pure btchy hit and run tactics. I always use toons that slow, stun or are really fast to stop them n00bs from running away. I love the new Templar Assassin, i love his traps they are the perfect weapon for me.

6. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes dota is definetely a team game, if your team compose of most noob then you will surely lose no matter how good are you are. thats why its important to have your own team. you must really know your own team like they should be your friends or regular allies or something, so that you can communicate freely with them in game which is very important. and if you know your team very well then you can trust them in everything they do, you know that they will fight, back you up, or push toward the enemy base. i suggest not playing alone with unknown teammates, always play as a team, or you should know at least 2 of you allies very well and hope the other 2 are good enough. i don't play alone coz a lot of times you'll be facing difficult opponent and the worst part is there is a chance of having 1 or more noob teammates.

"So when you play with someone who is n00bish and they don't know what to do, it costs everyone else on the team."

yes they will be free kilss to the other team, and your opponents will get rich and earn more experience. plus noob teammates reacts LATE in every situation, doesn't know when or when not to push, doesn't help very much in team battles and usually always die quickly which is very annoying.

yes i think newbie should not try characters which requires micro controls, they should only stick with easy to use range units like razor and characters with simple skills like stun (seven, leoric etc.). leshrac, anti mage, pugna, rhasta, troll warlord, chen, balanar, etc.are not newbie friendly.

7. JBL

JBL New Member

that's because no one wants to play with someone who never played..

also.. they probably boot u because you are downloading the map..

try to get it:

www.getdota.com

i could introduce you to dota if you want to..

i restarted playing dota because i have enough time these days.. so I can play like.. 1-2 games a day.

8. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

yeah I call her CM, and call slayer Lina
    sand king = SK
    naga siren = naga
    butcher = fatass
    skeleton king = SK
    Lycanthrope = Lyc
    Treant Protector = Treant or TP
    Doom Bringer = Doom

And sometime I just call them by the names of my friends who they are playing as, if it is one of their signature heroes

ie instead of saying "KILL DOOM BRINGER!" we yell "KILL XIAO"

9. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

Well, not to defend him, but I read that he stopped updating and changing the game and someone new took over for him...so I would guess that if he didn't want to continue doing DotA, it's possible that he stopped playing altogether

Soooo many people join games of CS I've been in and name themselves "fatal1ty"

It could have just been someone like that. Besides, actions like that do not necessarily scream of reason, or of someone who isn't purposely being offensive with some sort of reason behind it. If I was trying to make someone look bad, I would probably do exactly what that person did

10. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

well if he was inactive for 3 months (or at least that's what it's like on SC) then his account would be deleted

11. JBL

JBL New Member

even if the dude who's playing doom isnt Xiao?

that has to be one of the funniest thing I've heard about hero calling.

12. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

hahaha no when i said ie i meant for example...it changes depending on who is playing him, but we usually call him doom if xiao isn't playing as him

when you are trying to coordinate an attack like that or a big 5v5 in a room with all the other people from the other team playing around you, the intricacies of target specification boil down to what is easiest to remember or what sticks at the beginning of the game (ie if someone calls butcher "fatass" at the beginning of a match, then it will stick throughout the rest of the game)

13. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

ouch..baby. very ouch.

im extremely good at dota unfortunately i dont have bnet for warcraft. =/
    but surely one day im going to find and own this icefrog and beat him at his own game. hahah.

lmao.

nice im going to call him that everytime i play from now on.

14. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

it must be so funny to hear us shouting in our common room from outside in the hall in my dorm...

"EVERYONE GANK FATASS!!! GO GO GO GO!!!"

"SHIT I GOT DOOMED!! FUCK!!! DAMN YOU XIAO!!"

"RETREAT!! PRIESTESS MASS CLOAK US BEFORE I GET MEATHOOKED!!"

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

hey fatass rot this. laguna. hahah.

anyway i think fat i mean pudge looks cute and poor and weak. poor pudge. maybe il take back the fatass name. =/

so whats your team usual heroes and combos nizkad. wanna share some tips?

most of the time we play only 3 and the 2 other guys in our team are randoms.

anyway our heroes are panda, swaper, and i play cm. this combo is nice, and i usually get dk and tk =)

we also play void, witch doctor and i use lina. chrono plus ward and il combo anyone who survives. =)

16. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

well it really varies depending on our mood...we're not so much a team so much as a group of friends that have nothing better to do at night

I'm probably the worst player out of all of them, because I don't play online that much, more with my friends at night, and they all play on Bnet during classes and stuff

it also depends on what the other team picks. for instance, at the beginning of the game, while it is loading, like 3 of us think of who we feel like being, then pick it right at the beginning. based on who our team picks and who the other team picks, the last 2 guys on each team pick a unit to complement. So if I choose razor and 1 teammate chooses luna and the other chooses spirit breaker, the last person chooses a strength character to soak up damage. and as this is happening we usually change heroes if the other team's combo is gonna rape us and -repick.

I like to play lycanthrope with ogre magi on my team, to slow the enemy down and speed me up...combine it with somebody with another stun and it works out beautifully.

leviathan + CM works well mid game - ravage then her ulti

lyc and that keeper of the light to slow them down

faceless and witch doctor(?) (the one who does death ward) is good for the use of their ultis together

a lot of our games are just mix-ups of characters that we choose when we start just choosing what we think will work well

17. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

ah ok thanks. we play as a team always, creating the best possible combo as possible.

ryla needs a dagger. as well as lina.

yah leviathan and cm are good tag team, but her lvl 6 is not as effective with levi cause enemies are not close. magna plus cm owns all. anyway you really need an extremely good magna player with dagger cause magnataur is boring to use and not friendly to newbies.

enigma plus lich owns too.

but ofcourse sometimes i also play by my own not depending on my teams etc. i use sven ursa lina etc for this, where i go hunt by myself without anyones help. heres what i do with lina it should be STUN LAGUNA then DRAGON SLAVE and NOT stun dragon slave then laguna, this is specially effective against wind walkers.

18. Lord David

Lord David New Member

Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001
    Vi sitter här i venten och spelar lite DotA... oh what am I saying?! ;) I don't play te map, don't play much Warcraft III altogether, though I am somewhat a fan of the song! :)

19. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yes the dota song. nice song i dont understand it tho except i hear some dialogues from the game. do you know what language was use in the song? from what country?

20. DontHate

DontHate New Member

I dont play dota anymore. It's just way too hard to get kills. I'm always the guy with 0-0. It's just really boring for me, probably because i'm nooby but oh well. I don't really feel like getting any better at this. I find WC3 more team oriented anyways when i play with clan maties.

oh and btw go razor! I only play with him becuase i like the way he looks.