1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: Detailed Terran Unit info discovered!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by StormCrow, Jul 20, 2007.

Re: Detailed Terran Unit info discovered!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by StormCrow, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Star-Crap

Star-Crap Guest

Is it just me or does that concept art of the reaper look like Jango Fett

2. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

yah they actually look like the bounty hunter but better. reaper owns fett.

3. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

How could you say such a thing? Boba/Jango Fett were teh ill

Reapers aren't armed to the teeth with weapons all over their bodies and have retarded looking jet-packs. I seriously dislike the concept art of the reaper, especially the jet pack...it just looks like a big metal cape and football pads

4. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    I agree and plus the concept of soul hunting wasn't protoss like and the idea of increasing the amount of beams after every kill up to 3 was not really a good idea to begin with due to imba.

I have to disagree with you with this point. I posted this a bit earlier somewhere I don't remember, but remember the high templars have high gas cost and low mineral cost and the dark templar have high mineral cost and low gas cost. This way you can create archons whether you have either low of mineral or gas... it is to the advantage of that player. The archons would also have spells to like the dark archon but that yet has to be released. So really the twilight archon really does represent both high and dark templars. The theme of the protoss is unity and that the high or dark can acquire each other's abilities regardless of whether you are a high or dark templar. That's why it seems plausible to me that they do create the same twilight archon regardless of combination.

For me I just love it cause sometimes I'm a bit low on vespene gas, but have tons of minerals, and really want to make an archon. This way I can!

We still haven't found out the other 5 or so units that has not been "released" or "leaked" yet so we might have yet to find out whether the terran has more ground to air units. Whether or not that's the case, every race should have a weakness like lack of ground to air, but I really used to goliaths a lot just for ground to air so I hope they have some units for SC2 that play that purpose. Your viking suggestion (which I didn't quote cause it was really long) is a good one but it would just make the Viking too powerful and would tend to make people mass that single unit. Remember that they are trying to have people use more than a single unit to attack a base. We already see that the Protoss units specialize in one thing and support each and every unit (For example the Warp Ray will take out mainly capital ships and the tempest takes out the ground defenses, etc, etc.) So I think the viking serves its purpose as a flexible goliath that needs to be anti-air as an air unit when it needs to and an anti-ground as a ground unit. I think this way, it keeps it balanced.
    [/quote]

I think the tech centers are different for each building. I don't think a siege tank upgrade will be on the barracks add on. It's just that they have the same name. So the tactic you mention wouldn't work anyways.

So probably if you want to tech up early, you would want to build a tech center for each buidling and then for additional buildings, you build reactors. I mean you do have to build mulitple barracks, factories, and starports anyways. The reactor is just a supplemental add on to get you to mass up. If you wanna rush and go ahead with basic units, then the reactor add on is your first priority then.

Nice post though :powerup:

5. marshal109

marshal109 New Member

i cant wait terran is gonna kick but in sc2 yee hoo

6. motto

motto New Member

Nooo!!! I want wraiths back. All the air ships are too fat. terran needs a stealthy, FAST, and strong fighter jets. LIKE WRAITHS.

7. wukwinn

wukwinn New Member

What do you mean, lips?

8. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    The Siege Tanks in the first revealed video of Starcraft 2, the Terran were red and in Siege mode, their giant cannon looked like it had a massive pair of lips on the end.

9. wukwinn

wukwinn New Member

They look the same to me in the video and the pics. Which picture are you looking at?

10. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    In one of the scans that revealed new Terran stuff there's a picture of some dark green Terran and their siege tank(s? Can't remember if there was more than one) had just colour around the gun barrel and nothing else. No large wet kissy lips. I'll go dig for it now.

11. Greenlord

Greenlord Guest

If you click on the image with Thor, you would read a discription saying that he was built from SCVs!

12. burkid

burkid New Member

yes, we know.

welcome to the forums :)

13. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    The nuke looks amazing with the texture of the smoke etc.

The cobra is for some reason kinda reminds of the vulture
    The thor is so HUGE with the big gun and stuff
    And i wonder what's that building with the night elf hologram..

PS: anyone notice a different type of cannon in image 3 and 4??

14. Space Pirate Rojo

Canada, eh?
    We're all thinking Cobra is the Vulture's brother.

DIsadvantage for the Thor is that it's going to be it's birthday every time it turns around.

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

lol.

the thor two main guns looks stuck because of the thor's stiff body. anyway i hope the two guns are movable and not firing only at one straight angle. imagine it can move(the two guns) sidewards(left n right), it will look cool and can take out enemy before they reach the back of the thor. 8)

16. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

my god, Thor is ganna own with mass marines and meds

17. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Yes, but we don't know if meds will come back. There has been no info at all about medics yet, aside from what seems to be casual slip-ups. I hope they bring the medic back. Although the War Hooker would be an even better idea.