1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: Detailed Terran Unit info discovered!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by StormCrow, Jul 20, 2007.

Re: Detailed Terran Unit info discovered!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by StormCrow, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Thor could squick immortals under his boots! Terran turtle is coming alive! BUT WATCH OUT!! its got nukes siege cannons gatling guns and pricklies all over. Poor zerg... unless they have lurkers their soo dead. Also I think the terrans need more anti air. All they have is the Viking (air form). BCs dont count unless they made their damage uber good.

2. burkid

burkid New Member

it might be able to target multiple units simotaneously.

3. proswimma

proswimma New Member

Maine
    omg i cant see the third pic!! i wanna see thor!

4. paragon

paragon Guest

i'm just going to get an ****load of ghosts and call in marine reinforcements. and get tanks and vikings.

oh and I think they call it viking because vikings are associated with 2 things, their boats and their pillaging of villages. That being said they had two modes of transportation land and sea which they are most known for. So, blizzard used this for their air and land unit.
    Or they just thought of that stupid name out of the blue and thought it was cool for some reason.

RAPTOR!

5. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Ghosts, Vikings, Banshees, Siege Tanks > Everything...nuff said :p

6. brc9210

brc9210 New Member

Ghosts,Vikings,Bansheesh,Siege Tanks= expensive as hell. While you build that you'll get to watch your base overun by the dreaded ling rush.

7. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I didn't say that I would trying my hardest to use them like that in every strategy. I meant that those units are just awesome.

8. ChocoNite

ChocoNite New Member

Giving it a little thought I think Blizzard should go back to the traditional building specific add-ons. Like Tech Center should only be for Barrack and Machine Shops for Factories and Control Towers for Starports because well imagine terran players building Tech Centers with Barracks only to lift of and replace with Factories so they can get siege tanks out faster. I think the Reactor idea would be swell for all the construction buildings, but the tech buildings should be differentiated.

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

hey whats with the bar with female hologram on it? is this r rated starcraft? take it off. we got young gamers here. in fact too young, and will be curious whats the structure for in which we already know. hahah.

thor is BIG. right now its the best and exciting unit ever.

i think viking is somehow imba. you can mass them and you dont need other units maybe except siege tanks (they can switch and you got anti air and anti ground). i think marines etc will be less use because of the vikings. to balance it out, they should have few hp and low damage, cost a lot, or take some time to transform (3 sec!) etc.

banshee is sweet. for me its the second most exciting unit of the terran. nice looking model too.

speaking of models, cobra looks LAME. change it.

2 marines build at one time. nice. helps a lot and you don't need to make 3 or more barracks etc. i like the idea of add ons for the barrack and factory, either you create multiple units first or get the tier two units right away.

why is medic an advance unit than the viking. i think viking should also need an addon to be build except for the cobra.

protoss has a total of 16 units at the moment (they get rid of the soul hunters).
    terran has a total 12 including bs, siege tank, scv, medic, and a vessel i think. so like 4 more thats if viking is counted as one unit. right?

nice 4 more unknown terran units.
    im guessing 1 more strong air unit, a fast ground attack and transport vehicle, engineers (fast repairs), and another ground mech that can also transform / maybe a driller mech, that can go underground and fires ground torpedo or plant mines.. 8)

10. Inside Sin

Inside Sin Active Member

Earth
    HOLY HEY! THAT OWNS!

11. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    hmmm I'm guessing the Wraith is going to be gone.... maybe...

12. ChocoNite

ChocoNite New Member

I'm thinking there still needs to be some sort of terran air superiority fighter with cloak

13. L0ck and L04d

L0ck and L04d New Member

leaving what you guys were saying (not that it was boring) I wana know why the terran add ons need to have the stupid platform, I meen I liked the random green rectangle that apeared when you went to connect.

and

In that swedish artical, when I first saw thor I was like: is that real or just a bunch of SCV's stuck together using paint and given the color red insted of blue?

14. taz

taz New Member

umm was checking out the battle.net website & found out Karune has commented on the terrans:

["Looks like your seeing more of the iceberg now :) Don't worry there is still plenty more of it, even for Terrans" ???

now my head's is hurtin just to KnoW what DoeS he exactly means! :-\

15. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

What, this is just the tip of the iceberg? NOOOOOOO Karune why must you torment me with the knowledge there are even better stuff you guys are hiding from us...T.T I mean terran is amazing... but i must see zerg!

16. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

more units. terran has yet to reveal all of their units. i think there are still 4 more. i wish they let us see them now.

17. ChocoNite

ChocoNite New Member

I posted this on the B.net forums, but I feel like I should post it here for good measure to see if anyone agrees:

Overall, I have been very pleased with all the effort going through to making Starcraft 2 the next great competitive RTS. Like with the removal of the Soul Hunter. It was an obvious choice, since well Protoss had enough anti infantry to begin with. Marine & Medics and Zerglings & Hydralisks were no match for well placed Reaver shots, Psi Storms and Archons. I know there are still many issues that need to be resolved and nothing is final yet, but there are a few points I would like to make:

1. I believe the Twilight Archon cannot replace both the Archon and Dark Archon. This is true for a couple of reasons. First of all, High Templars and Dark Templars will I assume have different mineral/gas costs and it would seem very odd if you could create the same Twilight Archon for variable costs. Secondly, from an aesthetic point of view it doesn't seem plausible that different merging of templar energies would not result in different archons (looks like the merging of high templar energies to me). If it was already your intention to create different archons, I apoligize, for it did not explicitly state that the Twilight Archon would be formed by the merging anything other than two high templars by the wording "an archon" from the sc2 website.

2. The Terran Viking should be primarily an anti-aircraft mech. Terran at the moment seems to be lacking mobile anti-air capabilities, since marines just won't cut it against capital ships (If you ask me I say the Viking looks more like an improved goliath to me). Let me for a moment illustrate how perfect the Viking would be for that role if both forms were given anti-air capabilities. It has always been a common strategy for an air force to seek cover of ledges when coming in for an attack because when they needed to flee flying over a ledge would prevent ground responders from reaching them, well now imagine if a group of Phoenixes were harassing some ground forces when these Vikings show up firing missiles from their shoulder missile launchers. Naturally, the Phoenixes seek cover somewhere where it is difficult for land forces to reach, say a ledge, but if these Vikings were upgraded with the ability to transform they could change into flyer mode and fly right onto the ledge with them transform back into walker mode and continue firing volleys of missiles at these phoenix. I am proposing that the Viking should be primarily a ground to air assault mech, while retaining its Gatling guns to give it some defense against ground assaulters, but that its transformed flyer mode should be primarily for mobility and to keep balance it would drop its armor rating or something of the sort.

3. I like the idea of the reactor allowing construction buildings to build two at a time, but I strongly suggest that the tech for each of them be different. So say the Barrack can have the Tech Center that we've seen, and have the Machine Shop and Control Tower return for the Factory and Starport. I say this to prevent the following scenario, which to me sounds completely ridiculous, but still very clever to pull off. Say a Terran player wants to get Siege Tanks faster, if the Tech Center for the Barrack and Factory are the same then, what prevents the player from constructing the add-on at the Barrack and then lifting the Barrack so the Factory can be built there so that the player can get Siege Tanks faster. I think if this were the case, sure it would seem clever the first few times, but to have to see the same process everytime a Terran player decides to go Metal would be a painful sight in my opinion.

This concludes most of my current worries, the following will be purely unbacked selfish requests (But I am fairly sure I am not the only one who feels this way).
    i. I miss the old Dark Templar model of tattered clothing and Warp Blades.
    ii. I really imagine an anti air missile attack coming out of the new Terran Banshees.
    iii. Don't get rid of Spider Mines they're too much fun... not to mention USEFUL for TvP.

18. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

1) I to hope for different attacks and abilities depending on which templar are merged
    2) atm terran has battlecruiser, viking and banshee. I think we will see about 2 more air units revealed, so i wouldnt be concerned
    3. thats very interesting, they could easily prevent this by making the reactor available after you build an armory.
    i) i wouldnt be concerned at all until you see the 'ingame' DT, it looks fine in the ign screenshots
    iii)a revamped spider mine is coming back, but it is used by the reaper.

19. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    ii: The Cobras (Banshees are our new AirVGround unit) are the replacement/upgrade for Vultures so they aren't going to have much health.

20. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Wow, the Thor is so badass. 12 guns!!! I just counted the holes it had so don't comment me on this. It reminds me of the Necron Monolith from DoW. It's like a building that could move and fight!