Re: Colossus Revealed at official StarCraft 2 website

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by goliath, Jun 29, 2007.

Re: Colossus Revealed at official StarCraft 2 website

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by goliath, Jun 29, 2007.

1. drewcbarnard

drewcbarnard Member

If he did say much though, what would it possibly be?

2. drewcbarnard

drewcbarnard Member

I was re-playing SC the other day and my eyes hurt the graphics were so old. Still brought back those good old memories though....

3. paragon

paragon Guest

Yeah I just looked at the StarCraft cinematics on youtube and they looked a lot worse than I remember

4. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

Yeah, i was surpirsed too when i re-watched them the other day. Do you remeber how cool they were when they first came out though? They looked awesome! Things have changed so much.

5. paragon

paragon Guest

Yeah that was cutting edge as far as I knew. I didn't really play video games before starcraft came out except for sim city 2000 and sim tower. Now this is cutting edge... imagine what it'll look like in 10 more years.

6. burkid

burkid New Member

except, in 10 years, 5million polygons is probably still gonna be a lot

7. paragon

paragon Guest

i doubt it. try 5 billion.

8. burkid

burkid New Member

ooo... i dont think my computer would be able to handle that...

9. paragon

paragon Guest

Well it won't have to, their super rendering computers will do that for the cinematics. But your new computer will be able to handle whatever StarCraft 3 will have.

10. burkid

burkid New Member

haha its gonna be a while before i get a new comp. we got 2 and a laptop in the past year.

11. paragon

paragon Guest

I think in 10 years I will still have the shell of my alienware but everything inside of it will be completely different.

12. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

Nice! What kind of Alienware do you have? Those are some sweet machines....

13. paragon

paragon Guest

It's not the newest case but the one right before that one came out. It's black with blue lights. There are 10 fans inside of it and if you put your hand behind it the air is quite cool. Other computers that my friends have have like 1-3 fans and run pretty hot which is very bad for the computer's internals.

Like this except blue lights instead of red:
    [img width=334 height=389]http://www.flightsim.com/review/mega3/Space_Black_playsbest-300%20copy.jpg[/img]
    And my mouse is a logitech MX518 instead of that one.

14. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

rather get a mac:
    [img width=350 height=342]http://www.mp3-music-player.com/news/05_05/images/Apple_iMac_g5.jpg[/img]
    with:
    [img width=400 height=400]http://www.ulva.com/images/natural-keyboard-4000-400x400.jpg[/img]
    and this:
    [​IMG]

15. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

Actually this year I sold my alienware area 51m for MacbookPro and I've been very pleased with the trade. Being able to run osX and Xp is so nice. Made the switch easy.

16. paragon

paragon Guest

I hate macs a lot.

17. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

I use to have a mac seemed good but back then there were no games at all for it soo it sucked lol

18. paragon

paragon Guest

i dont even play a lot of games (i haven't played any in about a month) and still hate macs

19. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

I used to feel that way too... then I got a great deal on one and comparing specs back to back with any other pc and I was saving $ so I bought one thinking I’d only ever run it with windows then OSX just grew on me and now I hardly ever use the Pc side unless I have a 3d model to make/ render. There are still more programs for PCs. OSX is just so much more stable and has less security problems etc. than windows. Unix rocks. I've been in both camps there are advantages to both. Being able to run both systems is just too cool.

20. paragon

paragon Guest

I hate the user interface. I hate not being able to run most programs. I hate those stupid graphics that occur whenever you open/close something. I WANT THE WINDOW GONE I don't want it to fly around doing flips and ****