1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: 6) Volatilisk

Discussion in 'Graphics, Wallpaper, Fanart, Signatures, etc' started by BirdofPrey, Oct 10, 2007.

Re: 6) Volatilisk

1. NateSMZ

NateSMZ New Member

no, it does matter... there shouldn't be any updates or improvements once submissions are posted - if things are close, small changes could influence someones vote

that's common sense - you know full well you shouldn't change what you've submitted in the middle of a contest

2. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Nothing has actually been changed about the design though, It's just that the mouth is open now. It's still the same design. It's just like if another entry was changed to have the mouth open or closed. As long as people don't screw around with the whole structure of their entry, change its weapons or completely remodel it, then there's no harm done. It's the same unit in a slightly different pose.

3. NateSMZ

NateSMZ New Member

well, obviously you changed it because you think it looks better that way yes?

this is a contest primarily to see who can come up with the best looking unit.

Do you see the concern? You've improved your units looks, or at least tried to. And that's the primary focus of the contest. That is not fair to the other contestants.

If you had Arch Limit design your unit in 3D for you, you could say it's still the same basic unit concept.... but it would def get a whole LOT more votes that way. So it's not ok to change anything, even if the basic concept stays the same.

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I'm not saying that it's mine(however I do know the person who has drawn it), I'm saying that the change isn't a problem. Also, getting someone else to do your own idea, or changing it completely, is different to making an adjustment yourself. For example, I really wouldn't care if the person who did the Zerg Pathogen redrew theirs on a different medium, I wouldn't care if the Zerg Sentinel had a drawing added of it in the process of flying to the ground or deploying its armor, or even if the Gameralisk entry was changed to show what it would look like when it's hiding or with the different attacks. As long as the unit design itself it not changed then it's the same thing.

Sorry Markus but this will be my last post on the issue.

5. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

try not to have an argument with hexgor dude ^__^!!

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    LOL, that's why I ensured that I said 'Sorry Markus but this will be my last post on the issue. :p

7. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    Great idea, I totally see it replacing the scourge. Very cool abilities, great description and a fantastic drawing, the only thing I don't like (as far as looks go) is the tail. Definetly deserves one of my votes!

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It doesn't melee attack ground units. Swoop is an ability, not a normal attack.
    What has the Queen and Overlord floating got to do with anything?

9. Rex

Rex New Member

It was a quote and some1 canceled it out

10. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I know you quoted something, because you quoted the whole thing! I was the one who reported it for over-quoting. What does the Overlord and Queen have to do with the Volatilisk?

11. Rex

Rex New Member

BAH NVM