1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queen's Spawn Larva- is it enough? other ideas?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by asdf, Jul 13, 2009.

Queen's Spawn Larva- is it enough? other ideas?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by asdf, Jul 13, 2009.

1. bristyflo

bristyflo Guest

I accept with information: The Queen's Spawn Larva ability originally was more than just spawning larva and more or less did exactly what you suggested (mutate units at a faster rate with the special Larva). They found that simply spawning three extra larva is plenty useful. that the Queen's Spawn Larva ability made it so that Zerg players no longer need to immediately build multiple Hatcheries - as they did in the original Starcraft.

2. BroodOz

BroodOz New Member

Char
    Personally I think the Queen's Spawn Larvae ability is awesome. Sure Zerg don't get a 'quick fix' ability like the Protoss Chronosphere or the Terran MULE / Supply Depot augmentation, but they do get the ability to make a lot of drones simultaneously... giving the Zerg the opportunity to build a sustained economy quickly.

3. deth moad ue

deth moad ue New Member

I find the spawn larvae ability indispensable! It'd be cool if, as a passive ability, a queen being near a hatch would cause it to produce larvae more quickly....I find I spend so much time and mana spawning larvae that I rarely have the energy to do creep tumors or transfer energy.

4. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    ^ thats the point, you have to chose, more larvae or creep. its a trade off.

5. deth moad ue

deth moad ue New Member

Touche', gardian defender....touche'.

6. asdf

asdf New Member

don't you only need 1 creep tumor, though? each creep tumor can spawn one more creep tumor...

7. Arc

Arc New Member

more eggs LOL just kidding, spawn larva is great for an early expansion and economy boost :) would be great if the queen costs only 100 haha