1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Queen too weak?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Vestige-, Apr 13, 2008.

Queen too weak?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Vestige-, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Zekko

Zekko New Member

Well I can see how this might bother some zerg players. With the new queen element , it changes the game play of zergs considerably and it seems like the zerg players will have the most adapting to do by far. But I think the new queen's abilities are awesome. You can get the first queen ( obviously weaker until upgraded) right after a spawning pool which could be effective against early rushes since I think a pack of zerglings, a starter queen ( still powerful than zealots or marines - individually) and some basic queen defense structures can be very beneficial. Also I like the idea of not having to sacrifice drones for static defense as your economy can grow more in the early game. Remember, new overlords can be beneficial to defenses and map control as well. I think Blizzard saw the innate weakness in zerg defense as a problem ( I always thought zerg defense was pretty weak in SC1) and beefed them up but traded off easy early detection for zergs for new overlord abilities and the overseer.