1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pylon Upgrades

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Aug 20, 2007.

Pylon Upgrades

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Seradin, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Yeah i respect your opinion hehehe :thumbup:, but well just try to imagine that pylon is slowly warping into a Laser pylon and it will turn to a color red fromcolor blue, with a thin crystal, hehehe, well that is my opinion with Imagination :thumbup:

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Oh you mean like the pylon BECOMES the cannon. Hmm that might work

3. Protosscommander

Yap thats what i mean, you get my point dood
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :good:

4. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I personally think that the Pylon should stay the Pylon and not gain any upgrades or abilities in Starcraft II. They serve as a psionic anchor for Protoss buildings and as the Psi for Protoss warriors, they don't need anything else. Not to mention since there are so many of them in a Protoss base, it would be too much easy defense/shield recharge.

I think if they put a shield recharging ability into Starcraft II, they should impliment the idea I came up with in the Shield Battery thread. Of course, I really don't think they need to add anything because of how the new Protoss shields work anyway.

5. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i think the upgrades would need to be purchased individually for each pylon

6. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

I like the idea of a movable pylon. maby it loses all of its shields when moveing. I can see the tower rush now.

7. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

pylons shouldn't move, cannon's are already moveable

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    We have a moveable pylon its called the phase prism.

Imagine the new tower rush before you had to wait for the pylons to warp in now you can use a phase prism or two to bring in a probe and some other units drop pylons and get the cannons in before the pylons are even done then warp in some more units from the warp gates. Thats enough for me

9. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Okay. These ideas all seem reasonable, but, we need to remember what a pylon is. http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Pylon The Pylon is a Khaydarin Crystal-based Psionic Matrix Generator. This Matrix combine with the Psionic Energy from Aiur powers Protoss buildings. (Nexus, Pylon, Assimilator excluded.) Now then. Something that you could possibly do is make the Phase Prism recharge Protoss Shields. (On units only excluding self-healing.) It would meet all requirements and make it would give it an even more supportive role. As the Phase Prism can change between Psionic Matrix and Flight Mode already. So, if it were not in Psionic Matrix mode it would get an energy count and be able to regenerate shields like the Shield Battery did. Ya.... just an idea.

10. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    you would have to build a lot of them because that would make them a high priority target

11. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    If you remember the Protoss Tech Tree that was shown a good deal of time ago the Phase Prism is Tier 3 Tech not nearly soon enough for a Tower Rush. Besides, if one like this were to come into existence it would be mainly for healing Capital ships at best as the small units would go down far too quickly in normal circumstances. So Tower Rush with Phase Prism = not possible. Ya...

12. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    makes sense i forgot about it being an advanced unit

13. Protosscommander

I have an another idea what if they will, upgrade the Pylons in to a robotic warriors that can be used in the Battle,, or in short they will give the pylons a life to fight, well that is my idea.

PEACE :thumbup:

14. burkid

burkid New Member

uhh actually its tier two. first unit of the robotics facility.

15. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I actually think this is an excellent idea. My problem with the shield battery is that it was never where I needed it when I needed it. I always had to run back to my base, fill up maybe one or two units on shields and then run them back to the battle. It didn't work well at all. Since having ALL pylons be able to recharge shields would make a protoss base nigh invincible, I think it would be a great researched ability for the Phase Prism to be able to act as a shield generator when it is in the static pylon mode. You couldn't move it while it was a pylon/shield generator, but you can always put it into fly mode and move it around the map. It would be great to have a mobile shield battery that would actually be useful.

16. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

with the new recharging system, we don't need shield regenerators for the small units, for the big units, i kinda think we would need something like that terran shield, to help while recharging

i also think that the nexus should serve as a pylon, nexus: big bulk of psyonic or magic energy

17. Indigent

Indigent New Member

What if the pylon had extra shield pack that would not be affected by attack but could be sucked out by other units, so before killing other units, it would be like killing the pylons shield first. The shield might have to be an upgrade per pylon because it is a little imballanced since there are a bunch of pylons and they are usually clustered. Since terran have the ability to sink their supply depots into the ground, the pylons should get stuff, too. The protoss don't recharge shields fast. In Halo it does but the Protoss don't.

18. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

Sorry man but you are giving the advantages of the other races to the Protoss without any drawbacks. So I can't support it. I mean does a protoss zealot really need to worry about healing when 1 of them can take on 2 marines and sometimes 4 zerglings? The old Shield battery is fine, or not, because the old zealots would get worked trying to catch the marines adn hydras but now they can run them down fine. I don't really believe the Protoss really need a heal.

19. string_me_along

string_me_along New Member

I think that it's clear the lack of a shield battery (even though it sucked) leaves the protoss somewhat more vulnerable to attack. I hope there is either a shield recharge upgrade or some other mechanic (Fingers crossed for phase prism upgrade I wrote about above) that can help improve what the shield battery should have been.