1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss too Powerful?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by EonMaster, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Protoss too Powerful?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by EonMaster, Oct 14, 2007.

1. TerranGod

TerranGod New Member

note the fact that siege tank have more attacks and attack faster now

another fact that the protoss sheild is weaker and takes on full damage but regenerates 2 times as fast as sc1

2. Templaz

Templaz New Member

Hate it when people say that Protoss isn't balanced just because they see that they give a lot of damage and that they take alot of hits. Terran and Zerg could always counter the Protoss in SC1. Terran had they're Lockdown,Emp Wave, and plus they're Siege Tanks were always trouble for the Zealots and other walking units. For the air they had they're Battlecruisers for any unit (easiest way to stop them was the Dark Archons). I could go on to tell you how to counter the Protoss units, but i won't. For the Zerg you had many numbers, the Lurkers, Guardians/Devourers together, PLAGUE (very effective because we can't heal our units and plus the Protoss units cost a lot, so that's money gone to waste), Spawnbroodling. Once again i could go on but i won't. I'm sorry if i didn't explain everything in detail but if anyone want to argue just tell me.

3. Dinoxe

Dinoxe New Member

You can't say that the protoss are too powerful because the Terran still have units to be put out there and the zerg haven't even been announced besides the tunnel worms, zerglings and banelings

4. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Protoss are supposed to be powerful anyway its simple really.

5. happypills

happypills New Member

Protoss are balanced by inability to heal/repair besides shields...and they are COSTLY ($$$) compared to other races. The only thing I don't like about the toss right now is their air seems way too strong compared to terrans...as of now....things can and likely will change, but it seems like toss air units could overwhelm the terrans...(zerg air always sucked late game in SC1...hope they do something to fix that)

But everything balances in the end IMO...I'm eager to see the final product before passing "official" judgement =)

6. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Zerg air fucking owns, simple yet effective, Mutalisks with Devouers while Guardians pound the bases critical areas FTW?!

7. happypills

happypills New Member

but against carriers and BCs? ouch...

its well known that zerg struggles late game...I love them to death haha but...ehh...They really lack a "capitol ship" (even though thats not realistic-ish since they are a 100% "organic" race haha

8. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

Protoss are overpowered. Units-wise. However it is completely balanced with the high cost and relatively long build times. Their units are built to beat anything 1v1, problem is if the other guy has equal skill he should have more then 1 of his units(hopefully 2 or 3).

For proof just look at the zealot compared to all 1st tier and even some 2nd tier units. It beats almost all of them, but costs alot compared to the others and is a slower build.

9. dadouw

dadouw New Member

How can one say that a race from a video game that isnt out yet is overpowered? I mean, in their gameplay videos, blizzard showed us many ways to easily destroy protoss units with terran units, and vice-versa

10. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I suggest we abandon this thread completely until the game comes out or at least the beta. There's no way to determine if a race is overpowered if the game's not out yet and we have no idea how the zerg are like now.

11. OriginalSin

OriginalSin New Member

the cold hard facts are no they might seem overpowered because of they fact that most "pros" play protoss. But say you where the Protoss against a zerg you had the same respective buildings on a flat straight foreward platform it al depends on how you use it I.E. i would (protoss) blink behind the from lines with all my stalkers and take out some "artillery" id send in one TA (twilight Archon) to take out as many zerglings with some cover from some zealots, with some heavey cover from immortals by now all my stalkers are dead but i have taken out a good chunk of the zergs defence leaving thier heavy hitters in the background i would have my immortals to run past the zealots and kill off all the remnants if the immortals die then send in some zealots.

You see with some creativity protoss can become the ultimate weapon but without proper income (2-3 expansion bases) you as a protoss you will get FUX0RED UP THE A-HOLE if u noob go terran simple fact

12. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

Easy. Blizzard already said the original formulas to the races wouldn't change. Zerg's are fast builders and early game whores but suck late game, Terrans are defensive powerhouses but have good counters offensively vs the other races, Protoss are huge individual units but cost craploads in return. The units may change the but the basic gameplay doesn't.

So looking at this we can see that yes, given enough time and money Protoss become overpowered. 200 units of toss is much better then 200 units of either race. However as I said before units-wise toss is overpowered only, overall no because if you take into account minerals, vespene, expansion costs, how your enemy plays, etc the toss could be knocked out.
    Please don't say this. High Korean players are mostly Zerg, High American players are mostly a combo of Terran and Toss, High Euro players are a combo of Toss and Zerg. I'm not the best at counting but that says that Zerg and Terran are used 60% more then Toss is. Admittedly there are more "pro" Koreans and Americans then Euros nowadays. It still means Zerg are used alot more at the higher end then Toss.

13. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

well for a race thats over powered why do zerg and terrans get over played??? hum that makes no sence. Well lets factor it with way the protoss were made to be expensive and strong, Zerg numberless, terrans freaking resiliant.

14. Protoss2121

Protoss2121 Guest

The protoss do have alot of new kool skills but so will the other two races i mean the terrans ghost can summon pods and nuclear missles right to the field at any time and the colossus are very vunarble to aa and warprays get owned by a bunch of marines its not the units tht make the races strong its the people who use them and wht kinda stratagy they use with them :thumbup:

15. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    One problem tho, dunno if its been mentioned. But imagine a Mothership raiding your mineral area with planet cracker then going on to destroy the command. If thats your only base then you're pretty much outof commision until your resources run out.

But then again this will make players have multiple bases a higher priority. But if the Mothership doesn't get destroyed it could wipe out another bases command and workers.

16. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    That really depends. Have ou seen the videos of the new planet cracker? It bareley scratches the mineral line. mostly because it isn't AoE.

If they bring back the original though you are screwed

17. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

the new planet cracker doesnt do AoE
    thats just stupid...
    the original mothership seemed kinda imba to me but seriously NO AOE?
    that really doesn't make sense
    take for example the big laser thing from independence day (the movie)
    that didnt just kill one building at a time!
    they destroyed whole cities at a time

although i doubt that they droped AoE on the cracker

wait
    do you mean like the beam is so small that it can only hit one unit?

18. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    If it does have AoE its practicly uselss because it can't hit much. Workers are too small to even warrant trying to hit with that thing.

19. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Sorry, but I still haven't come to terms with what AoE stands for?

I also didn't know they switched that large planet cracker with multiple beams to that small weak looking one. I just hope the Command Centers gun mode thing can hit air.

20. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Area of Effect

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.