1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss too Powerful?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by EonMaster, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Protoss too Powerful?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by EonMaster, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    No, the cost is reasonable, given the colossus's cliff walking ability and its effectiveness against groups. The only unit they really need to change is the Mothership.

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

yeah maybe give it some more energy or SPECIAL ANTIGROUND SHIELDING(making the mothership a ground pawnage machine)

3. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    I am not going to even talk about this besides this one post and all I am going to say is that the protoss look powerful now because the other 2 races don't have all their units.

4. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

Well instead of using a colosus just use DTs for anti-infantry. They're lower on the tech tree and much cheaper.

5. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    But not nearly as powerful or have as much life. Mst people have some kind of detection unit with their armies, so DT would be killer pretty easily unless fighting a new player.

6. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

Well you wouldn't just use DTs as you wouldn't just use a colosus. Also, if you combo right DTs will destroy players new and old, but same with colosus, however microing DTs seem a bit more satisfying because they shred through zerg and terran organic units.

7. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    terran armored units don't last long either. Problem is, most DT don't last long as well. Once detected, thy're as good as dead.

8. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

That's why you don't send them in attack ground and leave them there, you micro them. Kill the front runners, get back long because of attack speed and repeat while the other people are busy taking down your zealots. If you just send DTs to die no one would use them late game, yet they're still an asset, especially for flanking. Also, run your DTs through goons or whatever range you have, if they go for your DTs your range gets free hits, if they go for range, DT their weaklings and finish them off with 4x dmg per slash.

9. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    I can't micro, I'm no good at multitasking!

10. Anubis_theDark

Anubis_theDark New Member

Well if you can micro, and someone else can think of a good strategie, and another guy can't handle multiple unit types in his army, then i guess blizzard should just make a movie game - you start it chose the races and push start -and in a few seconds of loading you will see starcraft battle movie where the only thing you can push is play/pause/stop. And even in this case there might be someone who has difficulties with those 3 buttons.
    The thing is one of the things that made SC a great game was the micro of your army. Without it we would only get another stupid boring C&C X game.

11. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Hey hey hey, macroing is fun. Its my prefered way to play all games. No need to be all huffy about it. If you like to micro, fine with me. But don't talk bad about how I play games.

I think learning to micro is a waste of my time when marco is much more fun. I can micro with most zerg forces, but I just lose interest in the game the very moment I start to do that.

And when did I say I have issues with using multiple units in my army. Sure there are two or three units from each group I prefer but I use differnt ones on occasion.

Next time, learn about the people your talking to before assuming everything about them, got it >:D?

12. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

It's not microing is fun, more as necessary if you want to win an about even confrontation. If you just play casually, you should still try a few tricks to get ahead, but if you don't want to sit down and play (well back when no one hacked) just to learn micro, then don't.

Also, before a mod censures him for quoting directly above, where is that rule? I looked through both rules and FAQs

13. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Whats wrong with quoting? As long as you talk about it, its fine to use. Many people quote entire posts.

14. Ych

Ych New Member

15. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Oh, sorry. Didn't think quoting full text was illegal as long as I expanded on it because the rule said don't quote more than you type, so I though 50-50 was acceptable. Promise I won't do it again.

Anubis still made me very angry though, basicy saying how I play is stupid.

16. Anubis_theDark

Dude i didn't say you play stupid. Come on a little sarcasm doesn't mean i wanted to make you feel that bad. For what is worth i'm sorry if i ofended you that much. My post was not aimed at you but at all the people that want alot less micro with SC2. You happened to be a colateral victim. The ideea is that SC2 should bring lots of stategies and keep your full attention, not just be a game where you build a big army, give the attack command and then forget about it and focus on the building of the next army wave.

17. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Opps, I guess I took that a little too personal. I had though it was soley directed at me, not the general public. Sorry about that. :(

18. Anubis_theDark

No problem dude. Belive me i don't want to start a conflict with anyone. Now about the topic. The Protoss army as it is now doesn't seems to powerfull at all. As a personal thought i think they might actually be weak. The zealots are ineed usefull with that new abillity, but the colossus is verry vulnerable, especially due to the fact that he can be attacked by a-a type attacks, the pheonix - well maybe against a swarm of mutalisks it would do good in laaaarge numbers, but battlecruissers will defenently own them. The warp ray, well as powerfull as it myght be against a few BC's a couple of vikings well pound their a..s . The mothership sucks big time with it's inabillity to attack air targets (stupidest thing ever), while the carrier - well if the scourge will still be ingame there toasted, even against the viking. The immortal as i seen it has a good use against high damage units but a few zerglings or marines will kick their immortal asses, while the stalker is agile but extremly weak in terms of ressistance.The archon is the only unit for now that is verry powerfull, but with an emp attack and hes gone. So for what i've seen by now, the new mechanics will save them, cause their units are not that powerfull at all. I think the terrans are superior to them for now in terms of unit power. But only time will answer our doubts.

19. serg

serg New Member

swe,sthlm
    Blizzards main idea in strategy games is balanced races and nice gameplay, protoss still have their big weakness they are expensive =)

20. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    welcome aboard serg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.