1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss too Powerful?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by EonMaster, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Protoss too Powerful?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by EonMaster, Oct 14, 2007.

1. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    OK, I get that I was wrong for assuming too much. This is what I get for posting forums without doing adequate research first.

*crawls into godforsaken corner of SC society and awaits the coming of SC2 to liberate him*

2. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I wasnt trying to bash you eonmaster i was just trying to get across a topic like this just seems a little premature.

3. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    I know, I was just joking in that last post. But I do understand that it was too early to bring up that topic.

It just sounded like a good discusion idea at the time.

4. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

yeah i understood your concern,but it really is a bit early for being worried.as LordKerwyn said,we have seen nothing of the Zerg...

and besides,we are not even on beta,we are in alpha,and many,many things will change from today to when the game hits the stores.so chill out and have faith in Blizzard's Mighty Stick of Balance ^^

5. Z-BosoN

Z-BosoN New Member

Correction: we are in Pre-internal alpha :)

Alpha is still a long walk ahead.

6. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

hum,ok,thanks.so pre-internal alpha it is ^^

7. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    what is the overall difference between alpha and beta. Alpha = SC and Beta = Broodwar?

8. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Alpha testing is an internal test, usually between game developers. It is a preliminary "build" of the game. The true Alpha would need to have all three races, but technically what was shown at BlizzCon could be classified as an Alpha, or Demo.

The Beta test is usually something that is pretty solid. More or less, this is what you're going to see for the final game with a few minor graphics changes and tweaks. Often (as was the case with the SC1 beta) one race will be extremely powerful compared to the other two. In SC1, it was the Protoss who were extremely OP.

The Beta test also usually involves dedicated community enthusiasts and involves them so as to gather appropriate feedback. There are usually strict guidelines as to who will be allowed to participate in Beta testing. These guidelines include system requirements, age, amount of time able to dedicate to the game, etc...

9. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Because you think they will be the most powerfull? They didn't even introduce the Zerg units yet!

10. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Yeah but not a whole lot has changed from sc1 to sc2 exept new units but just new everything really and changed but! same races will still be the same way like terran for defences and normal in other areas , protoss for powerful straight on forces and zerg for weak but yet in the numbers so there is alot better graphics and new units and old units with new abilities but the key features will still be the same!

11. coalescence

coalescence New Member

And because of that you can make the assumption that Protoss will be OVERpowered? Bollocks.

12. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

From what I can see, and hopefully so, it stills comes down to skill. A terran player still has counters to the new protoss units although it will take more man power, but that was always the case. Zerg players, well I have no idea what they're getting. Protoss has many more units with great abilities but a moron is not going to beat a competent player just because their protoss, so it is not as flagrant as you make it sound.

13. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

it will still be like it was in SC1

Protoss will be powerfull but expensive
    Terrans will be not so expensive,but not so powerfull as well
    Zerg will be weak but very cheap

it worked pretty well back there,so i see no reason for this to change.things were always based on skill when you talk about Starcraftone race will not be overpowered,as one will not be underpowered

but be the Protoss overpowered or not,they still will be my favorite race

14. thrif

thrif New Member

Zealots and Colossus? And Phoenixes as backup?

B-b-b-b-baaaneeeeliiiiings! And a whole bunch of other counters. Snipe and Siege Tanks comes to mind for terrans, etc. :)

If anything turns out to be "imbalanced", it'll be fixed in a few weeks. Blizzard released how many patches for starcraft? How many for Warcraft 3? It'll be fine.

15. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

it's too early to speculate whether a race would be too powerful, we don't even know the basic details of most things

16. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

Agreed, especially because we know nothing about a third of the units, little about a third, and only somewhat on the final third which totals to less than one half.

17. DontHate

DontHate New Member

btw, the collosus costs 300 mins 200 gas, which is just 50 mins and 50 gas less than a carrier... that's quite a lot considering it can only attack ground and it's vulnerable to air. With the right strategies the protoss can be very weak.

18. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Wow, thats expensive. So in battle net I'll be lucky to get half a dozen of them out before I die. Jeez, I'll have fun trying to win with my terrible mirco skills.

19. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

maybe they will make it cheaper,or give it some form of air attack,because that's way too expensive for something so vulnerable....

20. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Agreed, al least lower its cost by 50 min and gas at least, I've tend to have low levels of minerals and always lack gas. Dang Protoss always too expencive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.