1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Stalker

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Psionicz, Apr 28, 2008.

Protoss Stalker

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Psionicz, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Basically, yes. I would assume they have a special process for transporting their souls into the Stalker's frame once they're close to death.

2. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    see, thats what i mean...

3. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    from the way that they have it written down, i will believe that there is a DT body inside the Stalker, spirits and such is more magic like( part of the reason i dont like the lore of the Archon )

4. leemil

leemil New Member

yup, i'm guessing the 'shadow essence' is just a reference to the dts using void powers
    to control the stalker rather than the psionic energies

5. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    i thought that it was like a meditation thing, liek a DT is in a temple somewhere in a meditative state with his spirit or essence away so he is a shell. He moves his essence (soul) from one shell (his body) to another (the stalker)

6. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    DTs are physically teleported back to the base just before dying. They survive but are badly injured and can only live and serve the race in a stalker skeleton. This is the reason they have the same 'death animation' as zealots - both are teleported away from battle and neither die. Zealots go in immortals while dark templar go in stalkers.

7. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

If you look at the picture of the Stalker (either concept art or actual unit) you can see it's head. There's at least part of a body there.

8. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    You sure? Immortals are upgraded Dragoons, which they don't have the technology to produce. The Dragoons that were left after the Shrine/Temple was infested all got upgraded into Immortals and are slowly decreasing in numbers since no more can be made. I think an injured Zealot might get to fly into battle in a Phoenix or Carrier.

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    @ Kimera757. From what I've heard, although there's a head there, the Stalker is 100% pure metal.

10. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    if the Stalkers were 100% pure metal, why would they need to be powered by Dark Templar energy?, why couldnt it be the same energy as the Colossus, or the Observer?

that is another thing why i believe that there is a body inside.

11. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    There definitely isn't a body inside. We've been told that in order to create a Stalker, the Dark Templar has to fuse itself into the metal body of the Stalker. The reason it needs to be powered by a Dark Templar is the same reason Dragoons, and now Immortals, need to be powered by a Protoss warrior. Just because they've got some basic machines that are purely mechanically controlled, it doesn't mean that they can do that with all their war machines. Observers are just simple scouts, and Colossi are large enough to have everything it needs on board. Stalkers aren't like that. They're small and complex, and rely on the Dark Templar's personal connection to the Void.

12. kuvasz

Hungary
    It's the Protoss we're talking about... they have all the technology needed, okay? :D I can't imagine them forgetting how they did it just a few years before.

Also, Itza, if there's no body in the stalker, where do DTs teleport from the battlefield and what use are crippled DTs for the race?

13. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    There is no body in the Stalker, its their essence, which is what that liquid stuff is in the head. When a DT dies it's body probably 'evapourates' just like how a human body would deteriorate over time cept these are Protoss with a different genetic make up so you know.
    Also you have to remember Dark Templars don't have those power suits like Zealots, before they just had garments and what they have now is simply armor.

I wouldn't call the Stalker and Immortal upgraded Dragoons necessarily as the Dragoon got split into two, the Stalker has its speed while the Immortal has its defense, but since its better technology the splits are both stronger than a Dragoon.

14. kuvasz

Hungary
    Well then why do they have exactly the same death animation as zealots both in SC and in SC2? It can't be coincidence or lack of imagination.

15. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    @ kuvasz. The Dark Templar would be teleported back to Shakuras, just like any Protoss warrior. Also, not only are crippled Protoss warriors still able to make a recovery, but, they'd be teleported back for the same reason any warrior gets teleported back. A non-existent Dark Templar isn't able to fuse itself into a Stalker body, so why would the crippled Dark Templar be useless?

16. kuvasz

Hungary
    That makes sense if we agree on them being teleported away. However, as I understand it, dark protoss aren't superior to regular ones considering their psychic abilities, only different - that's why I can only imagine them being planted physically into the robot instead of being able to transplant their essence into it leaving their bodies elsewhere. If that was possible, zealots would do the same because it's less hassle and a lot safer. That is of course if my assumption that the two kinds of Protoss are equal in their abilities is correct.

17. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Dark Templar definitely aren't superior or inferior to the High Templar, but that doesn't mean they're not different. They focus on completely different aspects, both in psionics and in war, so although neither of them are better than the other, they're not necessarily capable of the same feats, nor may they be willing. Regardless, I can definitely see a practical use of fusing with the body of the Stalker as opposed to piloting it like Dragoons. The crippled warriors in Dragoons control the Dragoon, while the Dark Templar who merge with a Stalkers are the Stalker. Piloting or controlling are fine for the High way of fighting, just as it is for Terran vehicles and ships, etc, but actually being it is much more essential in regard to the Dark way of fighting, just as it is, basically, for Terran infantry and, to a lesser extent, Zerg.

18. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Remember spirit isn't locked inside the body, once the body dies the Dark Templar spirit or essence will go into a Stalker, or maybe they drain the blood and other stuff from the Dark Templar and put it in a Stalker, remember Dark Templars made the Stalkers with different technology and stuff.

19. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Just read the Immortal lore, kay? :D http://www.starcraft2.com/features/protoss/immortal.xml

How ruthless do you think the Protoss are? You don't think they care about their injured? They could probably still become Archons, fuse their bodies with Stalker exoskeletons, sit in some counsil, or how about living lifes as civilians? The Protoss aren't all about fighting.