1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Spellcasters?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by lvhoang, Apr 17, 2009.

Protoss Spellcasters?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by lvhoang, Apr 17, 2009.

1. ekulio

ekulio New Member

where is that info from? The hallucination thing confuses me.

2. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    close Ych, you can hallucinate Colossus, but you cant hallucinate Dark Templars and Observer, you were correct about the other two tho.

as for the strength of Psi Storm, im not sure about its damage output anymore, I knew that they lower its damage because it was once an auto-cast ability in the game, but since that was changed back quite a long time ago there is a possibility that its able to do its original damage again.

@ekulio try here and scroll down to its Hallucination ability.

3. ekulio

ekulio New Member

Thanks Lurkers_lurk, but my question is more about how one can create hallucinations of units one does not have the tech for? does the nullifier provide a menu of units to create hallucinations of now? Because if you click on a unit to copy it you have to have that unit in the first place!

4. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    That is exactly what it does for when you want to Hallucinate something now.

5. necromas

necromas New Member

Minneapolis, MN
    It will be interesting to see strategies where people hallucinate a unit they don't actually have the tech for and then purposely let the enemy see it so they can deceive the enemy into thinking they took a different tech path.

6. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

Sounds like the protoss have a nice array of abilities for starcraft 2. What are the current abilities for the nullifier, high templar, archon, and mothership?

7. Ych

Ych New Member

Protoss always had a nice array of abilities compared to their counterpart races. It's what makes them unique. And in SC2, that trend will continue because they have more casters and abilities compared to their counterpart races.

In the current build, Nullifers has Force Field and Hallucination. High Templars have Psi Storm, Phase Shift (Temporary makes a unit disappear), and Merge into Archon. Archons have no abilities in the current build. The Mothership in the current build based on Cydra's words are.

Cloaking Field(Passive): cloaks nearby ground units and structures
    Vortex: creates a gravity vortex that incapacitates units in the target area
    Wormhole Transit: allows the Mothership to instantly travel to Protoss building

Mothership seems to be changing every week. So I wouldn't be surprised that the Mothership will have different abilities next time we hear about them.

8. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    @ hallucination ability
    As far as I know, you are unable to hallucinate Carriers and the Mothership. The last one is obvious anyway, since the unit is unique. Other then that, I think I read in a blue post that the hp of those would be to high for a hallucination. But people really should start looking for those themselves. I am starting to get sick of having to quote those all the time.

9. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    I thought the carrier couldn't be hallucinated simply because of all of the hallucinated internets blanketing the area.

10. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

This current mothership has almost the same abilities as the arbiter did in Starcraft 1, what's up with that? What's worse is that vortex ability has a similar functionality as the high templar's phase shift. The only difference is the vortex can effect multiple units. As you can see, I am not entirely happy with the protoss casters. As a matter of fact, I am not entirely happy with any of the starcraft 2 casters.

11. ekulio

ekulio New Member

I think the ghost actually was the big one for me...when they first showed the videos of it at first it was like "woah ghosts are finally good for more than lockdown" now they're worse than they were before. the snipe is nerfed to only work on biological psionic units and their only other ability left is the nuke...which is usually more of a gimmick in competitive gameplay.

12. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    They lost EMP?
    also: BUT THEY HAVE MUCH MORE HP + MUCH MORE DMG

13. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    Ghost still have EMP, its slightly different now tho, it drains all the energy from any units, and only does about 100 damage to Protoss shields.

please try not to point to SC2 wiki and say that the ghost does not have EMP, i've looked into to that, and everything about EMP on the ghost is not there, they dont even said that it was a ability that was on the ghost during the development of the game.

anyway, this is the latest source I have on the EMP, which say that EMP is in the game, this is a month old tho, but its all I found. Here you go

14. RaiseTheFlag

RaiseTheFlag New Member

15. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    Umm what did you search to find that? I searched but could not find

Oh and nukes ftw, psi ftw, marauders ftw, and thors ftw!!! (LOL)

Edit: ok LOL it was added today so I understand why I couldn't find it, and looking at the tags I don't want to know which one you searched to find the vid.

Btw does blizz have a schedual for the battle reports?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009