1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Omnidiscussion

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BirdofPrey, Jul 5, 2008.

?

How satisfied with the Protoss are you so far?

Poll closed Jul 31, 2008.
  1. *****

7.7%
  2. ****

76.9%
  3. ***

15.4%
  4. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Protoss Omnidiscussion

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by BirdofPrey, Jul 5, 2008.

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    For the front page

2. Z1TH

Z1TH Guest

I'd give the Protoss a 4/5, but there are some improvements that I'd really like to see.

First off the Colossus seem underpowered when it comes to dealing with swarms of troops. I think when the opposing player sees the Colossus, the player should think twice about changing towards the Colossus. Right now it appears going up to a Colossus with a dozen marines is more than a match for one Colossus, and considering it is a later game unit, it would be nice for it to be able to stand its' own against a players starting units. I do like the way the unit looks, thought I prefer the twin-laser fire animation compared to the single shot.

Second, the Carrier is currently as expensive as before, yet its health has been reduced and all I've heard is that it is underpowered. Considering that in the first SC making these was a good unit to dominate the map with, it is upsetting that the problem faced with this unit is that it's too weak. Overall I would like to see this unit in the finished game as long as the unit is worth the cost to make.

Third, final, and most important is the Mothership. First off, I think the Planet Cracker should be brought back. It just looked cool seeing the Mothership using it to decimate a command center. The second version looked like it fit well with the way the unit looks. How about this, the Planet cracker's damage depends on if the Mothership is moving or not. Something like the longer the Mothership is stationary the damage increase by some X amount up until some max damage amount. It would give the unit a little more kick to it without making it overpowered. Second, The Summon(recall) ability will be nice to have. Being able to bring back some of your troop at the last second to defend your base or drop in behind the enemy's defenses is a fun ability to use. I know that the warp-in ability allows that, but that doesn't do anything for the existing units.