Protoss needs some sort of revamp

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by elite-guard, Sep 25, 2007.

Protoss needs some sort of revamp

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by elite-guard, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

Cannot have similiar tech trees to Terran, takes away....uniqueness (I'm half joking here)

Anyway, the abilities you mentioned above should only be activated when about SIX(6) pylons overlap or something like that, causing space time to warp. Because it's just too imba to have Zealots (and whatever units they are accompanied with) with photon cannons having a forcefield OR a shield battery when they defend 2 or 3 pylons.

2. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

1. Graphics shouldn't be a focus in alpha, although yeah, aren't as good.

2. The lack of a protoss air force plus the lack of the heavy artillery makes me hesitant again to judge. The reaver was taken out and for all we know there is another unit coming. The twilight archon, well I don't know if people will actually use this but it is extremely different from the agile infantry of the new zealot ability and DT. The stalkers and immortals add to protoss mech in case of facing high fire with even more shields and anti-infantry even more before. The lack of corsairs, tempests, observers, and maybe even the arbiter (albeit worthless next to the mothership) could change the protoss even more. Tier two is already looking fun with pheonix and warp ray, along with the oh so fun DT so I can't agree here.

3. Once again, a lot of units haven't been named, so for all we know the mechs are coming.

Although I think talking about balance at this stage when one race is unknown and the other two are far from completion (e.g. the HUGE mothership changes) we can have a lot of what you want coming.

3. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

I swear that observers were back. Look at the dark templar killing worker units tab. Aren't those flying thing observers?

4. Zymeth_01

Zymeth_01 New Member

Hey of course yes lol, i think Obsever in officially revealed /??

5. Zymeth_01

Zymeth_01 New Member

And wait isnt its a kind if units that can revealed the invisible units ???

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yes the Protoss still have the observer, but it hasn't been officially revealed.

Hey Zymeth I know you are new here but please refrain from double posting it is annoying and we have an edit button (well two actually)

7. Zymeth_01

Zymeth_01 New Member

Okey Forgive me :)

8. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    You're new here I understand just know they don't like double posting. Please use edit also remeber to read the forum rules if you have not yet done so already.

9. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    You might wanna take more time writing your posts out as well. I see many spelling/grammatical errors in most of your posts. Makes it hard to know what you're saying or to take you seriously.

This forum does have the very nice feature of a built in spellcheck after all.

EDIT: Also read over what you just wrote to avoid mixing words like it/is all the time.

10. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    Guys, you can correct him from double posting but give him a break when it comes to grammar. Maybe he isn't really used to or don't speak english at all so give him a chance to improve is spelling and grammar.

11. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

I would scrutinise the grammar and correct it if it were my friends'.

I think the protoss are more sneak-attack-theme based? THe phase phism can launch sudden surprise attacks and DTs are really nasty without detectors. Stalkers can blink in and out of your base, wrecking havoc in the blink cooldown period.

12. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

you can only properly comment on whether they need revamp once we've actually played the game for a while