1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

protoss needs a mech or titan too!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by zeratul11, Aug 27, 2007.

protoss needs a mech or titan too!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by zeratul11, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Oop I have always been a bad speller. Well thats good I am glad they brought back the Carrier!

2. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    Well, its still bipedal form, meaning two legs, a torso, arms, hands, etc. Doesn't matter if its protoss, human or whatever.

I never said the sword wasn't a psi blade I just said its not much like the normal protoss psi blade style. Even the old Dark templar had psiblades similar to the zealots, although this can and has changed with them now wielding scythes.

All I am saying is, they already have battle mech things, they just aren't bidpedal. Don't say its not bipedal either because its anything that walks upright on two legs, no matter what kind of feet it has.

3. DontHate

DontHate New Member

that does not look protoss at all. i could never see that unit in starcraft.. immagine it just walking around swining it's sword around. way too cartoonish. also, the toss wouldn't need another mech.

4. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    we all have our opinions. And has Blizzard really ever been realistic?

5. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

PancakeChef - isn't dragoons and immortals more like an alien cyborg rather than mech

6. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

its not the protos style they are a warrior race but it even says for the colossus that it was appalling to them because it didn't serve any other purpose then war. plus it looks too mechanical for the protos. in short it looks too Terran. I think they should get a cooler unit like a xel'naga (or how ever you spell it) super ship. to replace the controversial mother ship as the great flag ship of the protos. and you can have more than one because they can make copies or something

7. WuHT

WuHT New Member

I wish I played Warhammer 40K ..that reminds me a lot of those eldar super units. If Thor was scrapped entirely and Colossus became a bigger and more expensive unit i wouldn't mind that at all.

I think the big, clunky, tankish, AoE ground unit for terrans is in there to fill a niche in terms of overall balance.

No longer is terran about firepower, gunning down the enemy before they get close, smart positioning and heavy micro. Now we have an "ultralisk" type unit for a race that didnt' need it i nthe first place.

8. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    So wait....

The Protoss get a ground super-ish unit, the Colossus. And the Terrans get... oh yea, nothing.

9. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    Jon i'm gonna make a bet with you right now. My thor vs your collosus, my thor will win.

10. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    hmm if it was origional Mothership vs 5 battleships and 3 thors well. My money would be on the Mothership. And when did the Protoss give a bag of rocks if their WAR machines looked cool? First rule of the Protoss: get the job done.

11. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Zealots look like Mechs imo, so do Dark Templar.

12. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    Well, the Immortals and Dragoons are very large mechanized exoskeletons. Cyborg would be more like zealots or darktemplars if they had stuff intergated into them. The dragoons are these huge exoskeletons with Protoss essences inside them so it think its more like a mech with 4 legs instead of just a cyborg. These dragoons are the same size if not bigger than most terran vehicles like the siege tank.

Think of them like mechs with the pilots intergrated into their systems. They just aren't bipedal as I have been trying to get across. They also take the great dragoon shrines to produce them, thats why since the descrution of Aiur and in Starcraft 2 the regular dragoons are a dying breed, if they were just cyborgs I don't think it would take large factories and stuff to produce them.

13. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    I just don't see Protoss engineers being as insane as Terran engineers to the point that they actually consider and build an expensive, unstable melee mech. Apart from there being no justification for such a unit, there is also the fact that would be incredibly awkward on most SC2 terrains. I mean, the Thor is a walking target, and even gets ranged attacks and the ability to be built anywhere. What kind of role would this thing have in battle? Being melee, it would have to be the first on the scene, meaning that other units would have to wait for it to show up. It would be very inflexible: units could dodge away from it, or pick away from it at range. The only solutions to these problems are speed: unacceptable for such a large unit, and range: which would make it a mirror of the Thor. It just won't happen.

14. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Yay! It's WC3! ;)

The Protoss Colossus IS a mech already. You don't need supplement to that.

15. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

But isnt cyborg means to be half machine and half organic so in dragoons case exoskeletons =machine and a protoss who is about to die unless its inside the exoskeleton=organic isnt that the meaning of cyborg ? zealots are just like wearing an armor if u think about it carefully and so does dark templars. I think that factory makes the exoskeleton and the dying zealot is the one that is put in it making it a dragoon

16. ProjectArc

ProjectArc New Member

Starcraft2 IS NOT Age of Mythology. It all went wrong with the mothership. Starcraft should'nt be a game where theres few huge and strong units pawning other units...

17. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The mothership doesn't just pwn other units. It will need support escpecially now that it can't attack air