1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Needs a Healer!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by b0urne, Aug 11, 2007.

Protoss Needs a Healer!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by b0urne, Aug 11, 2007.

1. MobileInfantry

MobileInfantry New Member

Yeah they can regenerate their shields which is most of the time 1/2,1/3, or 2/3 of their whole hp. About the whole "My Life for Auir" thing, Would you really want to see a Zealot yelling "My Life For Auir!" out loud heroically just to have a bullet strike his leg and be like on the floor now yelling "AHGG!!! MY LEG! MEDIC MEDIC I HAVE A BOO BOO!" By the way that picture was just hilarious lol.

2. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

^^Why thank you. ;)

3. b0urne

b0urne New Member

i hope enough people voice themselves to get this back. the shield gen is crucial, at least for me, for defense and strong-holding new bases.

4. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

battery charger is oll toss needs nuff said...

5. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Well if you brought this thread up why didn't you include zerg? They regnerate their health just as fast as protoss does with their sheild. They don't need a medic because they already recharge their shield. Terran need a medic because their units are like equal in quality and quantity. They need an auto healer because zerg have numbers and can be replaced easily. Protoss have quantity and are hard to kill.

6. griss

griss Guest

i do think it comes down to how fast the sheilds regen.

though i would like to see a way to repair the hulls of vehicals/ships

7. StarCraft144000

StarCraft144000 Member

Protoss=sheild reganation
    Zerg=heal automatically
    Terran=have to get medics (because they repair ships)
    This is everything you need to know

8. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

otherwise, we would need a medic for protoss buildings too

9. I)4rk

I)4rk New Member

Humans don't regenerate fast. =)

10. slugonice

slugonice New Member

medic medic!!!

lolz that one mobile Infantry

haha! atchucan!

11. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

If that is the case, if the Protoss in Starcraft 2 will have their own Protoss Medics i think the Protoss will become much powerful, Specially those Zealots so if you calculate in percentage the chance of those Terran Marines vs. Protoss without medic is 40 % but if the Protoss Zealots will ave thier own Medics, 10 % yap..

12. ToonMOG

ToonMOG New Member

I would like to see a modified shield battery that would be easier to use or something, because the SC1 battery (for me at least) was half the time not worth using (unless you were using archon/zealots or something).... but that's my 2 cents ^_^

13. vinzel

vinzel New Member

Thats a bad idea, they will become too strong, and the game won't be balance

14. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

Early game Shield batteries were/are amazing. 6 Zealots end up holding out against 30 zerglings with decent micro and a shield battery. Of course if a Zerg player could pump out 30 zerglings by the time you got out 6 Zealots, well ya might want to work on your resourcing. But the point still stands that Shield Batteries were worth it. Not to mention saving a Carrier with a quick recharge, or just moving an attack force back to get them back up to close to full strength meant they could rock.

Btw Protoss medic? I'm sorry but it would make the already incredibly strong Protoss units into insane tanks. Ever do a DA drop? Its where you take a DA use mind control on a SCV/drone then load both up in the shuttle and book it out of there. Its useful for getting Medics from the Terrans(not very useful for getting the Zerg), which heal all of your biologicals. Zealots+Medics+Marines=ouchie at any level of the game.

15. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

The very durable Protoss units were justified by the fact that they couldn´t recover as fast or completely. If they would get a Healer they would have to become weaker / more expensive in turn. Also they would become more like the Terrans wich defeats the Asymmetry efforts for thr Races.

16. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I put a suggestion on the BNet forums a while back about a new shield battery that has an aura that increases shield Regen rate instead of just replacing shields. That would probably be more effective and easier to use.

Also what I think is the Protoss should be able to heal HP but it shouldn't be a mobile medic unit it should be a building so if you take damage while attacking you're screwed but when you are done you can fix up your units at your base. Would that work for any of you?

17. b0urne

b0urne New Member

oy. i never said this. a protoss medic IMO sounds ridiculous. i'm just bummed cuz blizzard hasn't announced bringing back the shield battery. i'm just saying: terrans have they're medics and scv's, zerg technically don't need healing units cuz the individual isn't important (its the swarm...plus they can pump out units a mile a minute); so why ditch the shield battery? WHY????

also on a side note, BirdofPrey I love your first idea dude. i mean, at least its SOMETHING instead of completely getting rid of the battery while still maintaining the battery's mechanics. i can just see it now: send ur weak zealots running around the battery while being chased by lings. ah, micro ftw!

18. WuHT

WuHT New Member

Without the hero experience concept of warcraft 3, the issue of healing your units is not as important. If you have a hurt unit that could heal, then you'd send it home to recharge. Or you can keep it in battle slightly longer and have it die while hopefully gaining some ground. Expendability is a greater factor even from the protoss compared to the UD in w3 imo. Having battles where you have to focus on saving your units and sendin them home to special shield batteries or medics is not as fun as focusing on killing your
    opponants before they kill you. The carnage-factor would be lessened if you know that you're better off sending your troops to heal and fight again, and even mid-battle healing is like getting hp/armour bonus. I

In starcraft after a small raid with dragoons, there are bound to be hurt ones. When you make your 2nd raid, it's better to position the full life dragoons in the front. Powerful healing sources take away this tactic and replace with management of hurt units to retreat. I can imagine this as a more terran theme than protoss (because the terran seem to be always short on resources as compared to the dominant protoss).

Food cap issues aside, saving all your units mean that the gold for replacement warriors will be diverted elsewhere, and with a tech powerful race like the protoss, that might end up imba as you can retreat your zealots and with a bit of luck/skill end up with many that you built in the first stages of the game.

19. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    The whole point of healing is the fact that when you crush one base you willbe less likely to cruch his second with damaged units also bringing a unit back from 1 hitpoint still costs less that building a whole new unit so every 2-3 saved units means you can afford a third/fouth. That leaves you less venerable to any counter attacks and means your next attack will be as strong as the first. Also damaged units take as much pop as new so a unit at low hp is a waste of population

20. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

what's wrong with the shield battery? it's perfect for protoss healing