1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. paragon

paragon Guest

Did you read my previous post in this thread about lockdown and ghosts and unit/ability continuity and it's affect on the storyline/flow of the game?

"We'll we've got this great weapon that disables ships but... we don't want to use it anymore so... fuck it."

2. mc2

mc2 New Member

I'm happy that there's a unit that have a similar attack style to the Carrier :)
    12 interceptors...imagine how messy that would look with a fleet of 12 tempest.

3. CallDownTheThunder

CallDownTheThunder New Member

i just cant for some noob to spend all his minerals and gas on the mothership and think hes all powerful just to have it die in 5 seconds lol.

reminds me of the old days when noobs used to build all carriers...good times :)

4. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

oooooooohhhhhh! imagine that!

5. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

mothership is more of a campaign unit, not online

6. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Oh so very true.

7. paragon

paragon Guest

Why do you say that? Blizzard themselves said that much of the early development was completely focused on online play where they talked with professional gamers about stuff and then afterwards they dealt with single player. I'm sure it will be a good support unit and I doubt it will cost an incredibly large amount of resources. There is no evidence that it will cost a ton. People seem to be drawing this conclusion from the fact that you can only have one of them at a time. However, this reasoning does not follow. Plus, if it is so easy to destroy, it would not cost a ton of resources.

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i dont think mind control, lockdown, etc. will work on the mothership.
    ensnare? how can a spit from a queen slow down a city size airship?]

it will be situational, and i think at all times it will be worth it.

9. surr

surr New Member

what about hallucinate?

10. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

ROFL
    I'll give ya a power down later :D

11. Meloku

Meloku New Member

I had a cool thought thought the other day. Wouldnt it be interesting that in order to build certain special units you needed to use the gold minerals? Ex. nukes, motherships, banelings? (they seem overpowered)

Some maps wouldnt have the gold minerals, so we wouldnt see these special units on all maps. Also it would be very interesting to provide a place where the players are essentially forced to fight. Put the gold minerals in the middle for instance, you cant just let someone sit there and collect the gold minerals, thats suicide!

12. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    eh i don't mean to come hard on ya, but I don't agree with you,

Nukes have already been implemented in SC1. The mothership probably would take a very long time to tech up and build (plus it doesn't even look all that powerful anyways due to energy limitations and you only get one and it can be easily be countered with a balanced attack). Banelings are like ground scourges and from what I seen and read, it only does 40 dmg per suicide and plus we don't know the cost of the evolution from the zergling.

I think it'll overcomplicate things if you only have the gold minerals for certain units, and it is really hard to differentiate which is a special unit and which is not cause all the units should be balanced anyways. It's starcraft were talking about here!

13. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    I had a cool thought too. Wouldnt it be interesting that in order to build certain special units you needed to use a new kind of green minerals? Ex. Medics, Hydralisks, upgrades? (they seem overpowered)

Some maps wouldn't have the green minerals, so we wouldn't see these special units (and upgrades) on all maps. Also it would be very interesting to provide a place where the players are essentially forced to fight. Put the green minerals in the middle for instance, you cant just let someone sit there and collect the green minerals, thats suicide! It would make it even harder to mine them if you had to, say, build a special building on top of them in order to mine them, and even then you can only mine with one worker at a time. The green minerals can be like the "gold" in the WarCraft games.

14. gr3ykn1ght

gr3ykn1ght New Member

messy's one way to look at it. but another way to look at it is that it's utterly confusing the enemy when everything flies around. anyway, who's complaining? the more the merrier, i always say. ;D

i also heard that it's shields can only defend itself against ground attacks, maybe that explains the shields being the way they are, also if you look caredully, it looks like a half globe at the bottom when it gets hit, but when air to air units hit them the shields don't activate.

15. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    haha stop being silly however so true

16. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

lol be nice... XD

17. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    yup absolutely correct

18. wuffle

wuffle Member

Yeah wow. It's not like it is that random of a thought, seeing as there were gold minerals in the video. I think the idea is a good one but I'm gonna disagree about banelings being that powerful. Maybe the Terran would need some of the special mineral for nukes, the protoss for the mothership, and the zerg for some crazy upgrade. Like all units attack goes up by such and such percent. Now that would be cool. :powerup:

19. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

maybe in SC3.

20. starcraft2iscoming

starcraft2iscoming New Member

Maby carriers might be a Campaine hero for SC2. Maby even Dragoons.