1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. CallDownTheThunder

CallDownTheThunder New Member

heres the top 10 things that will own the mothership

1. Yamoto
    2. Plague
    3. Feedback
    4. Emp
    5. Lockdown
    6. Nuke
    7. Ensare
    8. Scourges
    9. Cloaked Wraiths
    10. MIND CONTROL!!!!!

id rather just make a whole bunch of other units. the mothership is to much of a liability.

2. paragon

paragon Guest

So if there is mind control in SC2 and you mind control a mothership while you already have a mothership does this allow you to get two motherships or does the violation of the second rule of motherships (being that you may only have one mothership) cause a rift in space time and suck the second mothership into a black hole? This being said, I would love to see two motherships black hole each other. Or perhaps the mothership is resistant to mind control... cause its just so homely. Or because there are so many people on the mothership, you would not be able to mind control them all and so the ship explodes as the mind controlled half of the people and the non-mind controlled half fight to the death.

3. Zombine

Zombine New Member

4. WHAT!

WHAT! New Member

i dont think most of those would work...it would just make the mothership useless.

5. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Won't work:

5. Lockdown
    10. MIND CONTROL!!!!!

And:
    9. Cloaked Wraiths
    Man, you're really stupid if you send out your mothership without a few observers, nobody does that, and you could have thought about that yourself...

6. CallDownTheThunder

CallDownTheThunder New Member

ok i replace cloaked wraiths with malestrom :)

how do you know lockdown wont work? It is mechinical

7. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Because its a superunit, would be too cheap too just lock it down.

8. Zombine

Zombine New Member

right, if the toss haven't had a way to counter lockdown in the 4 years between SC1&2, they are idiots.

9. paragon

paragon Guest

And if the Terrans didn't develop a better lockdown, they are idiots. And if they just decided to stop using it one day, they are even bigger idiots. As ghosts are in it, some form of lockdown must be as well.
    While they are clearly trying to make a whole new game, they are also trying to make the story flow well. The units help tell the story. Having a unit or ability just disappear for no reason would break the flow of the story and so that would not be good for them.

Look at the transition of WarCraft 2 to 3, every unit from 2 is in 3 except for the sea units in some form. A few are mercenaries but they are there none the less.

10. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

you know, we really dont know enough about the mothership to say that it's a waste. for all we know, it might cost like 3 times more then the old carriers

11. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

well, this ship straight out wrecks with full energy, but the cost of it's abilities are ENORMOUS!!!!!!! if there some magical energy-regaining units apart from cheats, mothership would own

12. Gold

Gold New Member

am i the only one who finds your posts really annoying?

i dont see how a ghost could lock down a full mothership tbh
    and it seems silly to just send it in alone, or be able to freeze it and things like that
    its not a god unit (googo remy) it needs support, any other way and it woudnt be starcraft
    in the demo we just got to see its abilities, that wasnt anything like how the game will be played, no where close.

13. mc2

mc2 New Member

It would make sense for a lockdown to work on a mothership. The key here is to defend the mothership with surrounding units. Like high templar's hallucination, etc, etc. Your right, I think spending the resources on ground units would worth more than the mothership.

14. wolfblood

wolfblood New Member

Am i the only one thinking dark swarm? ;)

Besides if your mothership is in real danger, just statsi field it and call for backup?

15. proswimma

proswimma New Member

Maine
    The mothership may end up just being a waste, but it could also be a perfect support unit for ground troops!

16. surr

surr New Member

My first post here but it would be cool if you hallucinate the mothership, have like 5 charging in their base, creates sort of a comfusion i would think. <never mind they would figure you can only 1> Still an emp+lockdown would suck cause then you wasted alot of money for nothing....maybe muti lock downs but i dont see how that can work

17. proswimma

proswimma New Member

Maine
    The mothership is probably just going to end up being classifyed as a building or something. We can only have one of them and it sounds way too easy to just lock it down or mc it.

18. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I agree with you completely, i hadn't thought of mind control, awsome.

19. LoserInLosing

LoserInLosing New Member

Maybe the mothership would have immunity to specific effects, Making it harder to beat. And besides, were still not sure lockdown or wateva will come back

20. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Well, for now I honsetly wont be building a mothership in bn anytime soon after the release of SC2 lol.