1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. JBL

JBL New Member

yeah probably..

maybe it explains why they stop making carriers.. they crash too much.. lol

2. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

This just in.

Carriers: OUT

Tempest: IN

3. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Yup, thats that mystery solved.

4. T-man

T-man New Member

Surrounded by fleets, and set to the battle music from the official video, yes.
    Just a MS vs a terran super, all alone, would be... dumb, because of Black Hole :D

5. Associate

Associate New Member

I was thinking if ground units could be affected by black holes

6. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Na they cant, there would be no point in planet cracker would there?

7. Monan

Monan New Member

only if the cost of energy of the black hole was much higher than the planet cracker.

8. Ghost

Ghost New Member

True. But really, which would you rather use? Time bomb (immune to dmg for some time) use planet cracker to pwn anything gound based and have your ship attack any arieal threats or ysing black hole and leaving your mothership open to heavy dmg to any oncoming waves of attak?

Its all about heavy duty mirco with ultimate units in nearly eveysingle game.

9. Monan

Monan New Member

mmm agrred, but sending a mother ship all alone is a waste of resources, oviously it would have back up to distroy anithing that gets nearby the area in which the combat is to avoid what u just said.

10. CallDownTheThunder

CallDownTheThunder New Member

I want to be the first one to emp and lockdown the mothership and have the protoss players go wtf :)

11. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Wow, big quotage lol.

Yea, getting some phoenix and tempests in there for support would be ideal.

12. jaywalker

jaywalker New Member

cool... Monan and Ghost you two should keep doing that until the words are too small to read ;)

Anyway, how about this, give Terran a super powerful unit as you wish, no cap on that, and Zerg don't get super unit (dreaming...) :D

Or, how about a building/unit hybrid for Terran.

BTW, I don't think black hole can do damage to the ground units, because the narrator in the video said something like "the black hole is extremely dangerous to enemy fliers."

13. Associate

Associate New Member

I think what terran deserves to get is a super weapon, not a super unit, something like an MIRVed nuke drop, terran units are considerably tough anyway to stand against potential protoss/zerg hostilities

14. gr3ykn1ght

gr3ykn1ght New Member

so motherships ain't going to replace carriers, they just introduced tempests (they were just taking away carriers, but they didn't say anything about introducing an exact same unit through the storyline).

anyway, love the new look. although tempests are, in that sense, weaker now. but it still has that sense of air superiority. blizzard's getting better and better at satisfying customers eh?

15. Associate

Associate New Member

also I noticed they downsized most of the protoss air units, with their mothership only a bit larget than the BCs, perhaps they decided to slighly weaken protoss air power because of the new specialized units they have in their inventory

16. coalescence

coalescence New Member

I don't know for the attack power, but Tempest look like they have more interceptors.

17. gr3ykn1ght

gr3ykn1ght New Member

they DO have more intercepters, i remember seeing a post that said they have 12. somebody counted the explosions when the tempest was destroyed.

anyway, i think even though the tempests were made to be weaker, i think it's also because the missile turrets and bunkers are getting stronger. but i was kind of laughing cos that was the way i played carriers during brood war, who lets their carriers get hit by turrets? it was always the tempest staying out of the turrets range while the intercepters make the turrets freakin confused about which intercepter to shoot at. that was how i played, at least.

18. Ghost

Ghost New Member

According to someone, (sorry forgot you name) they have 12 interceptors now, not just 8. I think this may make up for the downsize on hp. Then again, the ship looks Dark Templar now and DT's are about good attack and low hp arent they?

EDIT: crap, sorry for posting something similar to the above but I go the error when someone is posting at the same time as you.

19. Callex

Callex New Member

Yea... alot of the protoss units are 'going dark templar', with the destruction of aiur and stuff... The tempest still looks pretty cool tho.

20. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Taking this into consideration, I wonder what changes DT's will have IF they come back, thay have to come back.