1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. TheDarkTemplar

TheDarkTemplar New Member

It's supposed to slow things down yea, and I think that attacks can still reach it but much slower.

For example it slowed down all those missiles that were fired from the missile turrets, and maybe some of them hit, but the majority of them didn't reach it in time so when the Time Bomb spell ended they just collapsed.

I'm not sure, obviously, but that's my speculation :)

2. Gold

Gold New Member

i wonder if this is a revamp, toned down version of the arbiters freeze ability?

is it jsut me or does planet cracker look odd to me, the beams jsut disappear into the ground, and theres no damage to the terrain, seems hardly worthy of the name planet cracker

3. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

oh yeah, you're right. you would think there would be a trail of ashes at least. oh well, this was only the demo

4. CarriersMustReturn

CarriersMustReturn New Member

Heck, they better not! :mad:
    I doubt they'll REPLACE 'em, 'cause Carriers...uhhh...I just think MotherShips won't replace Carriers, but carriers might not be there anyway.

5. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

I hate all this talk of Carriers going away, it just drives me mad that Blizzard would consider this and actually go ahead with it, God forbid...

6. CarriersMustReturn

CarriersMustReturn New Member

Who doesn't?

By the way, I'm ignoring the people who are saying, "I do!"

7. mc2

mc2 New Member

It is true that many people cannot let go of this beloved unit.

Carrier is the iconic unit for protoss
    More so it's kind of unfair that the terran's iconic units like tanks and BC are returning.
    and it's unfair that zerg's iconic units like zerglings and hydralisks are also returning.

8. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

It's not so much that the Terran and Zerg have their most iconic units returning, it's that Blizzard will just find some dumb excuse for removing them. I mean, now the Protoss have the means necessary to build Motherships, so they CAN'T give us the lame excuse that their factory on Aiur was lost, and that was the only pretty valid reason they had....

9. Gold

Gold New Member

theres nothing wrong with it, there jsut trying to balance the game, then they make the story up.
    things change, some people like it some people hate it

waht would be the point of a starcraft 2 that is eaxactly the same as starcraft 1?

if you dont like it dont play it

10. anothernut

anothernut Guest

I agree 100%. Carriers are a lot of fun: not just powerful, but great to watch as they unleash their swarms. The mothership, however powerful, is quite boring in comparison. If in fact Blizzard is planning on scrapping carriers, I hope they rethink that plan.

11. Associate

Associate New Member

could the "warp rays" be the new replacement for the protoss carriers? anyway the carrier was an iconic unit in starcraft so any attempts to remove the unit might have a negative impact to game fans

12. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Man, I did not realize how popular the carriers are. I recon that they should leave carriers in but they'd have to do some serious balance work cuz it seems protoss rule the skies lol.

13. paragon

paragon Guest

Where has Blizzard said or hinted that there would be no carriers?
    I personally hardly ever used them in real games because they are massive blimps that could easily be taken out by a few cloaked wraiths but they are still cool.

14. jaywalker

jaywalker New Member

I think they should make it so there can be more than one mothership on the battlefield. I mean if the mothership is not overpowered then I don't see why not. But if it have direct conflict with the storyline or Blizzard already have cool tactics based on it then nvm :p

And to some posts about not having terran and zerg a powerful unit like the protoss mothership, I totally agree on that, I think games are more interesting that way. So when a terran player sees a mothership, she will be like "oh mothership, i am going to do this and that to destroy/avoid it" rather than "oh mothership, i am going to send my version of mothership to destroy it". Mirror units are boring, me think.

15. paragon

paragon Guest

There are carriers in the same picture as the reaver

16. Ghost

Ghost New Member

But you have to admit, seeing an epic clash between a mothership and say, a Terran flagship, would be rather awsome to see. It would also add to the world of micro.

17. paragon

paragon Guest

Carriers appear in the artwork trailer at least once.
    In the picture with Colossi and Reavers there is at least one carrier possibly four above them at 0:45.
    And the crashed ship at 1:32 looks like a carrier.

18. Associate

Associate New Member

they sure look like carriers alright, I think one of the upgrades they will make with the carrier is to increase its interceptor capacity. Anyway in the artwork trailer there is a scene where a heavily defended Terran position is engaged by Protoss units, do you people think a Protoss forces consisting of 4 colossus, 2 immortals and probably a dozen zealots would overtake that level of Terran defense? what do you think?

19. JBL

JBL New Member

I'm pretty sure the carrier won't stay.. maybe they are replacing it with the mothership.. or maybe just with another similar ship

20. Ghost

Ghost New Member

The crashed carrier might represent their loss in the next game? not sure.