1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. burkid

burkid New Member

that is what the MS does... thats what the MS did in the original video too...

2. Sagathox

Sagathox New Member

thanks for the link! there are a lot of cool pictures in there!
    Wow i cant believe i didnt saw that!, you are right, i thought that the time bomb surrounded the mothership!, i thinks its cool this way so you can use time bomb move your mothership back and bring some nasty things inside the protection.

3. Proxy-serva

Proxy-serva New Member

yes it should follow ... it's stpid that it stays there

4. Daduffian

Daduffian New Member

I think that they have entirely the wrong concept for the Mothership. I think they should merge the MS and the carrier. The Mothership should be like a super powerful carrier (that is very expensive but you can get more than one), with some cool new abilities. Some ideas for abilities:

Scatter Bomb: A heavy area affect ground attack with long cooldown.

Shield: Creates shield that prevents units (friendly or enemy) from entering or leaving a large area around the MS, or attacking units that are in that area. Units withing the shield cannot attack units outside the shield. The MS cannot move while using this ability.
    (The primary use of this ability would be to trap small numbers of enemy units within the shield where they cannot leave or get support, or provide a chance for your units to escape).

Warp: Allows the MS to instantly travel to any point within pylon power. However, this ability would take a few seconds to activate, so it would be inefficient for traveling short distances.

Docking Bay: 5 Pheonixes or 2 Warp-Rays could dock in the MS and be taken with a Warp.

Self-Destruct: The MS would self-destruct, destroying any air units in a wide range around the MS, and damaging ground units. This ability would take a short while to activate (maybe 7 seconds), so it would be hard to use on an already dying MS.

Some other ideas: The MS would be so expensive that it would be difficult to get more than 2 or 3. MS would be able to build Fighters (Anti-Air), Bombers (Anti-Ground), and (with upgrade) Interceptors (hits air and ground). MS would also not look like the retarded floating city. Something more like the Homeworld Mothership would be cooler: http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Homeworld/homeworld4.jpg.

This is very different from the Blizzard concept and I know that a lot of people wont like it, but I think it is a more interesting unit, and will be easier to make balanced so that it is a good unit without taking over the game.

5. burkid

burkid New Member

you just posted the exact same thing on 3 different threads...

btw, welcome to the forum. :)

6. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.

^^I saw that message already in 3 threads.

7. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

8. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    What, is that like NEW news? :p
    I don't like that change, as long as it isn't a superunit.
    MS Superunit should attack both, but the weaker one should be dedicated

9. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

Yes! I am glad the Mothership got her ability to attack air units back. I thought it was pretty flawed to not be able to.

10. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Gasmask if the Mothership can now attack air something changed with it or the Carrier. Either the rest of its abilities were nerfed in some aspect, it was turned back into a super unit (which is my hope), or you can now kiss the Carrier goodbye (which is true anyway if only its abilities got nerfed because now the Mothership would basicly be a Carrier with shorter range but more abilities and hp/shields).

11. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    I like the concept of the mothership being a super unit but if not then i think it should have the AtA vulnerability.

12. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    @LordKerwyn. Man. That would suck. I would actually prefer the Carrier to stay... But the best would be if both stayed.
    Btw, why do you think that the abilities got nerfed? It's supposed to be a support caster.
    It is more likely that the standard attack got nerfed, but changed to both air and ground since it looked so silly when a single Viking could harrass it without any damage taken.

13. Reaper87

Reaper87 New Member

I heard that it's so powerful that there can only be one per force on the map at a time, but I'd love to see the Planet Cracker :thumbup:

14. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    It got nerfed a few months ago. :p Now you can have as many as you can afford, but all abilities were nerfed, and Black Hole removed. It can also cloak nearby units/buildings by "deploying" itself.