1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    Yeah, the missile turrets managed to take down all of the MC's shield and slighlty damage it some even while it was in the time-bomb spell. Makes you wonder if this spell will be very effective, as it only stops missile like attacks, and I can't imaging that is will stop anything of the protoss or zerg ( besides mutalisks).

2. ZiiDriX

ZiiDriX New Member

I think they should give the Tempest the same hp, energy as the Carrier had. I really really.... Really dont hope 1 Yama can kill a Tempest. Specially when they made the Cooldown for Yama smaller.

3. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    i think they should keep most of the original units and just make an overhaul, an example would be the dragoon which got overhauled into immortal/stalker

and keeping most basic units (zealot, marine, zergling) and the gatherers (SCV, probe, drone) is good

4. ZiiDriX

ZiiDriX New Member

They are keeping the most, just making them look better. Some of them is getting replaced.

5. Ych

Ych New Member

I don't think that Tempest are actually a weaker version of the Carriers.
    Yes, they will be a lot weaker vs air units, but they have shields that withstand against ground units. Therefore, mass anti-air units from the ground won't do much against the Tempest. To counter it, you need to bring in your air forces.

Also, Blizzard stated that the Tempest will be cheaper and easier to get than the Carriers. So Tempest will most likely be built during mid/late game.

6. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

the mothership only had 350 shield, so its not going to take that many missiles to take it down.
    if you watch carefully you'l notice that when the mothership moved forward into the frozen missiles they detonated, so if you dont move into them than it will be a very effective ability

also, blizzard has stated that it will slow all attack types, not just missiles.

7. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

lol melee vs melee inside a time bomb. that'd be funny to watch

8. Gah345

Gah345 New Member

In the gameplay video, while employing the planet cracker, it looks like that bubble shield over it isnt activated. And the guy says 'this would expose your mothership to significant enemy fire"

Is it weaker when using the planet cracker? ???

9. burkid

burkid New Member

i think it doesnt have a shield vs air when using planet cracker, but i have no evidence to support this other than the bubble is gone.

10. tweakismyname

tweakismyname New Member

i agree that the shield probly goes away but i wouldent use it unless my shield was already down you know?

11. burkid

burkid New Member

well you can see shield contact while the MS was using planet cracker and the marines were shooting at it. thats why i think only the air shield drops

12. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

yeah logic would make you assume that putting that much power into a weapons system that is so powerful that it bores holes in a planet's surface would draw a lot of power from other parts of the ship

13. burkid

burkid New Member

14. UchihaItachi0129

w00t! all the more reason to build more stargates ^^

15. Gah345

Gah345 New Member

in the demo vid, the mothership just appeared out of the blue

do you think this them cheating? the MS teleporting? or the stargate able to warp also?

im not sure

16. UchihaItachi0129

maybe it's just part of the storyline. like in broodwar. in the first mission i think o_O where you have to get to the gate. you get protoss allies on the way. and people pop outta nowhere too. so maybe that "level" he was playing will be in the campaign too.

17. burkid

burkid New Member

the mothership came out of nowhere in the demo vid to make it a more dramatic entrance. you notice they never showed units being built, only warped in, dropped off, or just flying/walking in.

18. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

I think the mothership is an example of how much the blizzard team is adding on the top end of game play while trying to leave early game play as familiar as possible. Changing all the units that you don’t see until the middle/end of the game makes for exciting game play. I cant wait to see the other races top tier tech units.

19. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

How likely do you think the possibility of being able to warp in the Mothership anywhere you want that you can see after you build it is? It's definitely too big to have a cool animation coming out of the Stargate, if that is indeed where it is built. I think it was just some flair that Blizzard added in the gameplay trailer, but you never know. It could help make it as much of a Game Ender as it should be, and make up for its exorbitant cost, but it would definitely be very overpowered.

20. burkid

burkid New Member

it is built in the stargate, the swedish magazine confirmed that.