1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. DontHate

DontHate New Member

oh. didn't know that. How long does it have to travel before it hits the target? I know the mother ship got hit becuase you could see the explosions and it was damaged.

2. Proxy-serva

Proxy-serva New Member

I dont think that it has beeing hit

EDIT: maybe the missiles were fired before the time bomb was started and hit then the mothership when the timebom,b was already activatet

3. DontHate

DontHate New Member

the mother ship definatly got hit by the turrets... it's sheilds were depleted

4. paragon

paragon Guest

unknown at this time the particulars of time bomb but as we all know some missiles did hit the mothership. It's possible that it takes a certain amount of time for the projectiles to slow down to a stop and if they don't slow down in time then they will still hit the mothership.

5. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

didn't the missiles hit the mothership before it cast time bomb, as it was moving towards the turrets?

6. paragon

paragon Guest

no some hit after going through the time bomb

7. Proxy-serva

Proxy-serva New Member

i think this too that the missiles hit it before the timbebomb was activatet i had written this in my edit ^^;)

8. paragon

paragon Guest

watch it again. I did and I saw the missiles go through the time bomb field and hit the mothership

9. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

i can't, I'm at work ARGGGH

10. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    The Mothership was hit by a few missiles because they were already inside the Time Bomb area when it was cast.

11. burkid

burkid New Member

the mothership got hit by some missiles that were fired after timebomb was turned on. and got hit by even more whent the MS moved to hit the last 2 turrets.

12. paragon

paragon Guest

some of the hits may be due to the mothership moving towards the missiles while inside the time bomb field

13. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

there should be a particular structure required for its use and warping. Maybe transforming a stargate into a larger portal cos it doesnt seem like something that can fit in a stargate. This will also help the enemy of the protoss to know that a mothership is coming, and prepare some lokdowns, emp shokwaves or whatever to stop it.

14. ProtossZealotfan

ProtossZealotfan New Member

My opinion on this Mothership thing is well, same as some of yours. It will probably be made from maybe even a few buildings and will take forever to actually build. Plus, think of all the minerals and gas that would take. Alot of it no doubt. Another concern of mine is, well, what about the other races? You can't have the Protoss(even though i like them best) have all this powerful stuff. What about the Terran? Humanity has built some pretty amazing things, so why not something to counter the Mothership?
    Since SC2 isn't coming out for awhile, my opinion is pretty much nothing until the game has more info released.

15. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

becuase the mothership is a massive unit it probably has the ability to warp around by itself
    therefore you will either have to pay loads of minerals to have it warped onto the battlefield'
    or it is a nexus upgrade :p

16. burkid

burkid New Member

yes, but every missile that was fired after the MS moved was hitting it as well

17. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    Bliz is essentially keeping carriers, except renaming them to tempests, naming their interceptors shuriken, and allowing them to be countered easier if they are to be massed due to their lack of air vs air shielding.

In a side note I'm getting a bit disappointed by how many things can own the MS.
    (plague, emp, feedback, MC, lockdown, 4 yamato cannons, 2 nukes,, just not worth it.)

18. DeathRot

DeathRot New Member

ya the carrier are great but they have to follow the storyline as the material needed to build the carriers are long gone in aiur with the zerg infested the whole place and in shakuras doesnt had the material needed to build so they replace with the tempest a cheaper verison of the carrier well..they replace the whole protoss fleets

19. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    Hmmm i doubt the 4th resource would work like you said, and 2 (special resource) is waaaay too much for a hydra if the super weapon only costs 15. Btw in my opinion supply is a resource because you can't have an army without, just like if you dont have minerals or gas you cant have an army.

20. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

No no no, My favorite thing about sc was that it was always so simple, AOE required to many resources and i always got bored and used cheats, but in sc, resources were easy to get soyou could focus on what matters, in other words no. sorry.

-Trooper