1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Well, the Reapers seem underpowered to me.....That many Vultures would have utterly annihalated that many Dragoons.

2. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

That's a good point. In the end, what the Mothership boils down to is a spellcasting unit. We need Carriers for sheer mindless and destructive reasons.

3. Spointz2020

Spointz2020 New Member

okay they already took dragoons away to put up some decent replacements im okay with that. but seirously, they shouldn't take away more than 2 units, i mean they were boasting so much bout just "adding so many new units" they said they would only take few away, seriously this should be mroe bout expanding, not taking away so many popular original concepts. If blizzard takes away carriers, they're retarded cuz carriers are the main icon of Protoss air supremecy, and nothing can replace it in my mind, not even the mothership (and u can only have one ne wayz.)

4. mc2

mc2 New Member

Blizzard actually expected that fans wanted to see a whole group of new units.....because they didn't want to create an impression that starcraft 2 is merely starcraft 1 with better graphics

5. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

eh, that thing with the overload does plenty for the protoss' image of air battle ownage.

the mothership wont make up for it though, it's a figurehead, but the carrier was a powerful unit of war

6. mc2

mc2 New Member

i would never imagine that blizzard would give one particular unit so much power
    i suppose the storyline would say: the protoss realised the carrier technology is out of date so they unleashed the mothership

7. Jecrell

Jecrell New Member

Are you all sure the Carrier has been removed?

8. mc2

mc2 New Member

I cannot jump to a conclusion now, but so far all the pics and trailers i've seen has no carriers in it

on the other hand, every protoss player can only have max of 1 mothership at any time, so it doesn't make sense to remove the carrier, or they are working on having the carrier replaced by a new unit

9. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

i hope u can mc mother ships although i like the mothership better i think the carriers were a better ground distraction (reavers under carriers=gg) XD if u dont get the ground distraction then u were never carrier-reaver massed u can never click the reavers under them u'd just hit an interceptor or a carrier XD

10. TheDarkTemplar

TheDarkTemplar New Member

Exactly. I'm personally excited about using new units and finding new ways to do battle. I don't want a StarCraft1 update.

And with three new air units, to give the Protoss the Carriers on top of the Phoenix, Mothership and jebus I can NEVER remember the third air units name, would make them ridiculously strong in the air. They'd have to give Terran and Zerg huge boosts in the air to make it a balanced game.

11. TheDarkTemplar

I think the Battlecruiser's had weaker firepower but shorter cooldown time. Six of one half a dozen of the other as they say!

12. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

Dammit, I want the Battlecruiser strong, with slow cooldowns and a little area effect for Yamato. :mad:

13. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Well, the Protoss have always had air superiority, even in the first. The Zerg were always best on ambush, especially with the addition of the Lurker, and Terrans have always just been a mix. If they do include the carrier, it really wouldn't unbalance anything in the Protoss's favor. It'd just be pretty much the same.

Oh, and they're called Warp Rays/

14. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

has anyone else noticed that the mothership looks ALOT like the nexus. I reckon you will have to upgrade it to a mothership, like with necrons in dark crusade lol. This would make it a very late game unit, even more if there are several nexus upgrades to get it into a mothership.

also did any1 notice the reaver(0.45) and high templar(1.27) in the artwork vid

15. mc2

mc2 New Member

To me, the mothership looks more like a turtle

16. Jistyr

Jistyr New Member

A turtle ready to unleash all Hell on its enemies...

17. reject_666_6

reject_666_6 New Member

I think of it a some kind of floating city, in a bubble, like Atlantis...

ZOMG!!! :eek:

18. PeterPetreli

PeterPetreli Guest

I hope the reaver and templar in the artwork vid mean that they will be in sc2! I love reavers :)

19. earwhen

earwhen New Member

The skylab or the Mothership as we know..is a new and special unit of the protoss..nuf said..BTW it doesnt OWN!

20. TheDarkTemplar

No, he said they gave it more energy so they could showcase it's final ability, the Black Hole.