1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. paragon

paragon Guest

seems like a lot of the brood wars units are leaving.

2. burkid

burkid New Member

yeah there only were what, seven of them? so the corsair, DA, possibly devourer, and probably valkarie is over half of them.

3. paragon

paragon Guest

medic's gotta stay though. and the lurker.

4. burkid

burkid New Member

and the DT. those are the other 3. i checked the BW booklet on this one to make sure that there were only 7

5. Kae

Kae New Member

No...They can't take out devourers >< Taking them out is like..taking the joy out of my air units. I love massing mutats, scourge and devourers to take on a terran fleet. And oh! Toss in 2 or 3 overlords as well for detection of invisible units

6. Kae

Kae New Member

It's funny how everyone is like.."OMFG!! Mothership!! Awesome!! Sweet abilities!!" rather than thinking on the downside of creating one. Look at Ych9 post which is 3 or 4 posts above me...The investment must be huge and the the time to create it must be longer.

7. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Black Hole will be great against Mutalisks because when I play Zerg the odd times and get 12 Mutalisks I like to right click in a big circle until they're overtop each other so every Glave Wurm hits at the same time.

8. paragon

paragon Guest

i think they'll put in something even cooler than devourers. like a giant flying caterpillar.

9. paragon

paragon Guest

I probably will rarely if ever use a mothership if i play protoss on multiplayer
    I will be very happy when I destroy them however.

10. Proxy-serva

Proxy-serva New Member

er stop the timebomb interceptors too? this were very funny wehen the interceptros ar in the timebomb and u can destroy the tempest easily with some units...

11. paragon

paragon Guest

Yeah I'm pretty sure the interceptors would be slowed in the time bomb.

12. Highjustice

Highjustice New Member

I'm not too worried about the concept of a mothership. I doubt it will be any more use than someone pumping out 12 BC's. I do think it is a step in the wrong direction for SC though. The miracle of SC was its ability to take a fairly simple schema and make it epic in terms of game play. Compared to games like Age of Empires and Rise of Nations, or the Supreme Commander type games that you endlessly try and build the biggest thing you can get your hands on that gives you the most advantage. Technically the type of technology that is used in StarCraft is so dumbed down in a lot of ways. I mean... we already have capabilities to fire off thousands of nukes that would lay waste to an entire world, and yet in SC the Terrans can only build a few at a time and have to sight them with lasers.... lol. Stone age anyone? By that time in the future they should be able fire nukes out of a gatling gun style rocket launcher from Goliaths, but that isn't the point of SC. I trust that Blizz won't ruin the style of gameplay with "ultimate" units. The Mothership itself will probably take up 70 pop cap and be about as powerful as a fleet of carriers and cost about as much ;)

13. paragon

paragon Guest

I doubt the mothership will be anywhere as ridiculous as 70 supply. I'd say 20 maximum but in reality it will probably be closer to 12-14. Also it probably wont cost much more than the next most expensive protoss unit (i'm guessing colossus) and the power of it won't be near that of a fleet of carriers. Probably more along the lines of 2 or 3 carriers.

14. burkid

burkid New Member

2 or 3 carriers when its out of energy, when its full it could deal out a lot more.

15. paragon

paragon Guest

Well a nicely placed EMP can take care of that. And its pesky shields.

16. burkid

burkid New Member

yeah, there is EMP... assuming its coming back. a no shield, no energy MS is also known as a "soon to be dead" MS

17. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    And when that happens, it'll once again show that Terrans are the pain in the ass of starcraft :good:

Terrans <3

18. paragon

paragon Guest

omg you EMPed my fleet
    omg you irradiated my units
    omg lockdown ****
    omg nuclear launch detec... **** where is it, WHERE IS IT!
    omg cloaked wraiths wheres my detector
    omg they already destroyed them
    omg build faster observer, FASTER
    omg tanks where the **** are the shooting from
    omg they're dead my entire army is just died
    omg yamato **** my ships are dead

19. burkid

burkid New Member

^10 most common things to say to yourself when playing as protoss vs terran

20. paragon

paragon Guest

yeah and that is exactly why terran is my main race. they're just such dicks to the other races.