1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. paragon

paragon Guest

Yeah the main attack one the mothership is pretty ridiculous. But I doubt it will do too much damage.

2. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

I believe it's damage potential when teamed up with other units will be extremely high - also when "buffed" by abilities, for example if the Star Relic can regenerate SP's, then it's unstoppable

3. paragon

paragon Guest

I think they will not have much in the way of buffs/debuffs for SC2 because SC had them and WC3 went overboard on them.

4. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

looks like it has the capability to attack three things at once so I imagine that if it had all its weapons focused on 1 instead of 3 then it would do some damage

5. paragon

paragon Guest

Unless it is like the Siege Tank anti air ability in which case it can only hit one target with one attack and if there are more targets then it can hit each one with one attack up to a certain number of attacks.

edit: hahaha

6. burkid

burkid New Member

if you count, the MS shoots 8 of the missile things, so technically it could be attacking 8 things at once then focus on one.

7. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Imagine the crowd cleaner it will be against ground-only units.

8. paragon

paragon Guest

it'll probably be devestating against zerglings.

9. burkid

burkid New Member

haha planet cracker on a zergling swarm would be a cloud of blood.

10. paragon

paragon Guest

I'm just talking about the regular attack but yes, that too.

11. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

I suppose Planet Cracker rapes any mass of ground units no matter what they are...

12. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

Yes, I agree that the topics should probably be merged. I apologize for not searching ahead of time before making this topic.

As for lockdown, I think I'll side with those who think that the MS will be immune to this strategic ability, if indeed it is still in the game. It would just be too easy to stun-lock the MS making it a complete waste of resources and time against a Terran player.

Units are weak against other specific units, that is something we expect from SC over the years. But, it is not in Blizzard's style to make units with ultimate counters which said unit is completely helpless to stop.

13. Kae

Kae New Member

But that is why you provide air cover for those air killers. Perhaps, mass of mutalisks or their upgrade forms to go along with them to provide some power. I really do hope that the Zerg has new units to balance out the MS

14. Ych

Ych New Member

I think the Mothership will be something that is very hard to use effectively. I can already imagine noobs teching all the way up to Motherships, and attack the enemy base without any support. That would basically mean suicide. But with correct support, I think the Mothership could prove to be very very powerful or game turning.

I love this Mothership concept because it really fits the theme of the Protoss of been the most powerful yet expensive race.

15. Ych

Ych New Member

I think it would be Lockdownable. But I think Blizzard is going to make the Mothership have some sort of spell resistance like what they did to the heros in Wc3. So if you Lockdown the Mothership, it might only last 1/3 of the duration of a normal lockdown.

I think that makes perfect sense because without spell resistance, no one would build a Mothership against the Terran. It doesn't make sense that something soo expensive can be countered soo easily. But reducing the time of the Lockdown would make it more balanced because it can be countered, but not so heavily countered considing how expensive and high tech MotherShip is. You would need some skills to tech-up to a Mothership and deploy it effectively, and to make up for that, I sure hope the opponent also needs a bit of a skill to take out the Mothership without any super heavy counters.

16. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

hmm I wonder if the time bomb could stop a lockdown though since it is a missile

17. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

if lockdown is still in the game I don't think it will work on the MS. I do think that you will be able to EMP it and that should make taking one down much easier but not too easy.

18. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

Planet cracker will be scary. I'm definitely going air against a MS. Just gotta get it after it uses planet cracker so it's energy is low, hit it with an emp and then attack.

19. Ych

Ych New Member

Mothership is far from been a Wc3. People have been comparing Heros with the Mothership, and I would like to point out why they are totally different.

1. Heros are buildable right off the bat. You can also get one during mid game and one late game. (Tier 2 and Tier 3). Mothership, you can only get them very late game.

2. Heros is easily affordable. Mothership will most likely be a huge investment and takes a long time to build

3. Heros can level up which makes them stronger as time progresses. Mothership has nothing like that.

With all these differences, I don't understand why people are comparing the Motherships with the Heros in Wc3. I can already tell you one thing for sure that Motherships won't be as game turning as the Heros in Wc3 simply because they can't level up.

20. Proxy-serva

Proxy-serva New Member

and when we say its lockdownable... how is it with a timebomb ... when the ghost want too lockdown and the mothership amka the timebomb..