1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

I just hope that if the succubus is a real unit that we can take over Motherships... A whole protoss city under the zergs control. Yummy. [Enter paragon yelling at me]

2. paragon

paragon Guest

Ahahahaha that'd suck for the Protoss. Guess they could make another mothership though?

3. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

What are your feelings on whether the mothership will be susceptible to lockdown or not?

Personally, I'm torn between the possibilities and don't really have a strong feeling one way or the other. On the one hand it is a mechanical unit, a piloted mechanical unit, which makes it fall into the lockdown category. Secondly, it seems too powerful to have no direct weakness. It would make sense in the long run for Terran, or at least one of the three races, to have a counter for Protoss' general trump card.

But on the other hand, only a single one can be in play at a time for a player. This means that not only would it be a very risky move for a PvT battle but also that against a good T player it becomes an absolute useless unit. My reasoning behind this is that the stress on how much it costs from Blizzard means that is a late game unit. And if someone hasn't already created ghosts with lockdown already in a TvP match then they have ample time to put, at that time, a minuscule amount of resources into researching ghosts and their ability. Now, I realize that a wise player will have support behind their power unit but because it is a single high-priority target, and will always be a single target, the ease of locking it down will make it rather cumbersome if used in a major battle.

Looking from a general stand point it seems that it is a unit powerful enough to merit a weakness. But, from a Terran's point of view it seems to be a unit of fruitless value when compared to the ease of locking down a single target over and over again.

4. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Of course it won't be lockdown-able. That would be ridiculous when facing Terrans.

5. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I'd figure it'd be lockdownable...considering the fact that every single Terran unit is a ranged attacker and once the Time Bomb goes off and God's fist known as Planet Cracker comes down on us its gg.

6. burkid

burkid New Member

i think it wouldnt be lockdown able. without lockdown, terran still has yamato and nukes, both which can take down a MS if used correctly (for yamato that means having 6 of them) and theres probably gonna be some more terran AA as well.

7. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Yeah, and when the opponent has like 12 Ghosts that keeps "stunlocking" it, we'll all cheer over the amount of resources and TIME we had to spend on a superunit that can be disabled through a simple lockdown... imho it would be just imbalanced.

8. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Eh true...hmmm...this is a mystery for the ages i guess, do we know if its considered a unit or a building yet? Plus I'm guessing very few games would actually go so far as to make a MS anyway

9. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

True that. Also, Blizzard could pull a ribby on us and make it susceptible to lockdown for all we know.. although personally i would find that extremely ridiculous since it would allow a bunch of Ghosts to "stunlock" it. And it just seems imbalanced. And you know Blizzard and their balance issues. Damn blizzard.

10. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

SHUN!!!

11. burkid

burkid New Member

:eek:!!!!!
    *gasp*

12. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

i am positive lockdown will not work vs mothership. i'm not sure it will even come back in SC2

13. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

I made a thread about this already in the Terran forum, check it out here. Though I do believe that the topics should merge.

14. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

More protoss on the bbq yummmmmmmy

15. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    [img width=324 height=245]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v729/Ell789/blackholes.gif[/img]
    But seriously. The Battlecruisers could Yamato while being sucked in so units can try to do whatever they can before their doom.

I'd Overload every Phoenix being dragged in. And what if you started to get pulled in, and then the hole closes.
    You're saved?

16. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

there is another topic on this, search for it

17. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

the Mothership is a gr8 unit, i just hope it doesn't imba the game

18. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea the mother ship shouldn't be lockdownable it's totally bs. or unless the lockdown has a shorter duration than a normal unit...

19. Kae

Kae New Member

I don't know...THe mothership seems cool but think about the cost for that unit..must be pretty darn expensive. And also, the zerg anti air, the scourge can take on the mothership

20. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Yeah but the MS can also attack several units simultaneously and will probably be able to kill most Scourges before they even hit.