1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. Ghost

Ghost New Member

=D

2. Zealous_Templar

Zealous_Templar New Member

Colorado
    When I first saw the mother ship I was only kind of impressed until I saw the black hole. I thought that was a pretty amazing ability and looked like it might make the mothership worth the cost. But then it started getting hit by the yamato guns and it made it seem like the ship had to stay there in order to get the hole to function which I hope is untrue.
    Like they said in the demo video the planet cracker would expose the mothreship to enemy fire but because it was only killing tanks it wasnt that big of a deal. Im sure this ability has a lot of potential as well and might be good for flanking the enemy.
    The time bomb looks pretty bad imo. It only slowed down the missles and didnt stop them and it also looked like it was still being hit by them.
    Overall the mothership is pretty darn cool just not OMFGWTF WOWZORS. It just doesnt do anything that massing a few other units cheaper couldnt already do.
    Oh and I think it looks all right kinda like a floating city

3. Ghost

Ghost New Member

It is a floating city.

4. burkid

burkid New Member

wow i said this exact same thing if you scroll up a bit.

5. Zealous_Templar

Colorado
    Is it really though? I mean how do you know for sure? After taking another look at it it kinda just looks like a flying command center or Nexus which isnt really a city...

6. Ghost

Ghost New Member

have you seen the SIZE of a scale nexus... if not a city a big-ass condo.

7. burkid

burkid New Member

"After the destruction of Auir, and the ravage at Shakuras, the Protoss has decided to creative safe havens within the sky. These glass domes that incase entire Protoss Cities are a symbol of hope and power. Headed by the leaders of the Protoss Conclave, Motherships are not only armed to the teeth, but also act as a funnel for the Conclaves immense psionic power. Only deployed in the battle field during the most dire of circumstances, the Mothership has the capacity to turn a defeat to victory, and single handedly level small armies."

thats straight from infoceptor
    yes, they are cities

8. paragon

paragon Guest

Does the shield go down when it uses its planet cracker?

9. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Wow...so when you take out the mothership, youre not just taking out a mothership..you're taking out the Conclave with a whole bunch of Protoss too :p

10. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Yup, "that still counts as one" once said Gimbli.

11. burkid

burkid New Member

i think it gets weaker.
    if you watch the vid when its using planet cracker, the guy says "...but the marines just dont have enought firepower to puch through that thick protoss sheild."
    and you can see shield contact when its using cracker.

12. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Y'know, it kinda seems like the Mothership was MADE to deal with Terran. Imho, I believe that Terran have the best air force in the game in terms of cost and effectiveness, so the Black hole just takes that out. Time Bomb is mainly for projectiles, which is what Terrans do best. Planet Cracker is just bad for everyone.

13. burkid

burkid New Member

well think of a swarm of lings under planet cracker, or a swarm of mutas in black hole, they would get decimated.

14. paragon

paragon Guest

I guess it's just a graphical thing cause the shield on top disappears when the planet cracker is on.

15. burkid

burkid New Member

yeah the guy says it would expose the mothership to significant fire, so it might take down the motherships air shield.

16. Zealous_Templar

Colorado
    Oh ok
    wow that makes the mothership pretty darn imoportant for the protoss...

17. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

I have a feeling that the black hole will be far more useful against slower units like BCs and Guardians if they are in the game. Mutas should be able to get out of the way once they see the hole forming. That's just what I would think though.

Also, that's wild that they are floating cities. That is going to make me want to take them down even more! :good:

18. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Yes they won't have a direct equivilent to it but they will need something (units, powers, etc.) to keep the game balanced. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they get to keep things even.

19. burkid

burkid New Member

well in the gamplay vid, as soon as the black hole opened, bcs and dropships got stuck, so i think that if you cast blackhole in the front of a swarm of mutas that are moving, it would hit all in range, then get ones that were out of range that moved into it, before having the chance to alter directions. also, if air units stack, then you can get a ton in one shot.

20. paragon

paragon Guest

I believe the mutalisks were staking in the gameplay trailer. So against a player who isn't being careful, you could suck down their whole air force.