1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. shirija

shirija New Member

Difference is that both are ground units, both are weak and can be assasinated (brood, irradiation, feedback), and both do damage over time so units can run for repair/shield charge. Those are both strong units mind you but this is unconditional and instant kill with both defensive and offensive potential on the ground as well. If queens are available this fella will be the first one I turn green >: 3

2. paragon

paragon Guest

Battlecruisers don't run very fast. And computers always seem to storm at the right point where ever you are retreating to so that you are in the storm for even longer cause they do like 2 or 3 after the first one.
    And I was poor and had no more minerals left (noone else had minerals either) so I couldn't repair.

3. shirija

shirija New Member

which is why you have a couple sci stations around to drop emps. If you were poor, it's a good thing you have the easiest race in the game to go turtle with. A couple of tanks and you're set for half the game.

4. paragon

paragon Guest

yeah. those tanks held em back for a while.

5. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Protoss Mothership kind of sounds a little cheesy to me. I mean sure it is THE ship of ships and has some crazy ass abilities to boot, but maybe rename it to something else? The Mothership name does not sound very threatening, you know?

IN-GAME:
    Player 1: OH SH*T! A MOTHERSHIP!

Booooooooooring.

ALTERNATIVE:
    Player 1: OH SH*T! AN ENORMOUS PROTOSS BATTLE PLATFORM THAT HAS THREE AMAZING ABILITIES AND ONE CRAZY PHYSICAL ATTACK!

Now that's threatening.

6. burkid

burkid New Member

i think mothership is the perfect name for it. where do you think the pheonix and warp ray came from? God and the MS went  ;) and now you have baby kickass ships too.

7. gr3ykn1ght

gr3ykn1ght New Member

the interceptors aren't? i thought they all were ranged... DARN!

look on the bright side though. it's gonna make attacking base EVEN more messy. woohoo.

8. burkid

burkid New Member

i want to see a tempest against a squad of marines... slice and dice 'em haha

9. Ximnipot69

Ximnipot69 New Member

Huskvarna, Sweden
    I'm a fan of the Ion Cannon idea too, but the ultimate unit for Terrans doesn't have to be a weapon. Why not a spellcaster, like a super-powered Science Vessel? Imagine a massive EMP Shockwave that knocks out the shields of all Protoss on the screen or an Irradiate that targets dozens of units. Or some kind of effect like a psi disruptor that can stun or confuse a large amount of Zerg. And don't forget about Lockdown...

10. paragon

paragon Guest

You mean psi disruptor. Psi emitter would lure the zerg to a location... although that could be useful too.

11. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Pure genius Itsmyship! Pure genius! The Terran Death Star... I like it! :good:

Oh yeah, I doubt anyone would really get into using Motherships a lot because for one thing, they'll probably be targeted by everything and because energy is a concern.

12. Ghost

Ghost New Member

yea yea! and then, and then they could, you know! they could all have light sabers and develop and ability to use you know! LIKE THE FORCE AND STUFF!

13. paragon

paragon Guest

force... psi... whats the difference? Don't the zealots move out of phase or something to get them to run faster? Sounds force-like to me.

14. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

Not a fan of the mothership. I just feel like it's going to be one of those things that they find hard to balance. It has some very dangerous abilities.

15. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

I never thought about it but I guess the name is kinda cheesy

I like "flagship"

or "flying city of deathness"

16. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

Personally i don't have anything against the name, but what names would you suggest for a replacement???

Maybe something like 'Aura Ominae'

17. Light

Light Guest

i didnt like the mothership at all. just seemed unserious. flying UFO shoots lasers.------

18. Ghost

Ghost New Member

I think they should of had made a Father ship, then the two ships could *ceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeensored* and then loads of little ships could come out.

19. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

you mean a carrier/tempest?

edit: so the tempest should be the mothership and the mothership the fathership I guess...i mean it has the big guns...

20. Light

Light Guest

lol, funniest shit ever. ;D
    btw, its totally sick.

no, he means ''fathership''(duznt exist) and ''mothership'' have *ahem*