1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

Protoss Mothership!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by xxmo, May 23, 2007.

1. Meloku

Meloku New Member

I dun see wut u did threre

2. paragon

paragon Guest

Even if they aren't, I'll just import the carrier and interceptor models from Project Revolution.

3. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

lol cheapo XP

4. paragon

paragon Guest

Well I have the models so why not use them.

5. madaaa1

madaaa1 New Member

hallucinate will really make mothership a living hell

6. To better understand the Mothership we should look at other games. IN Rise of legends all of the superweapons are majorly powerful, there can ony be one, and they wreak havoc. They will be beatable and like the warcraft III chaos damage units and heroes, only slightly or not at all affected by spells. maybe lockdonw will only slow down the mothership for five seconds.

7. Zombine

Zombine New Member

8. Frost

Frost New Member

I had an even better thought, the mothership could send out little flyers like the Carrier and could only be played on the map Independence day :thumbup:

9. UchihaItachi0129

UchihaItachi0129 New Member

yup yup welcome i look foward to see you in action

10. mc2

mc2 New Member

''Nuclear launch detected'' is a super weapon already. Plus the deadly lockdown as well as EMP sending an archon close to death. (ok we are not sure yet if lockdown and EMP would return). And let's not forget the yamato gun that cause 259 damage (2nd highest damage in the entire game) and the spider mine that causes 125 damage (same as a scarab!!)

11. Dxun

Dxun New Member

AKA VespineGas

and i think the gold minerals will just be a richer deposit

12. Ryan

Ryan New Member

mm i dont think so, i think its b eter if we just have minerals + vespene gas. I think the gold minerals were just "doodles" adn nothing imporant. (if they are for minign than its really goign to add to the game) Also to someone elses post the mother ship is deffenitly ultimate. used the the right hands thsi thign can kill hole fleets of air attack. also what beter way to stop a drop b4 it happens... GOoooo black hole! On another note, yes they are all balanced, but my guess is there is no single unit that can kill the mothership on his own if it has full energy. yes its balanced but there is always goign to have its advantages.

13. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

The only additional mineral source I could see would be one or two in a grouping of minerals that gives a bit more resources each time it is mined. I would say we need another type altogether.

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

I had a cool thought too. Wouldnt it be interesting that in order to build certain special units you needed to use a new kind of red minerals? Ex. drones, probes, and scv's? (they seem overpowered)

anyway i think meloku's ideas are possible. but protoss then will have a hard time making a mothership if it requires some special minerals, and it will just lessen the rush factor. and also if you see your enemies mining for gold minerals, you will know what they will come up against you (they maybe building super units, nukes etc.)

15. ENTAROGUNTER

ENTAROGUNTER New Member

That's very true, special minerals could certainly lower any surprise attempt, unless there were lots of things to do with the gold minerals, in which case it'd no longer be for special units :p .

Although I do find that idea interesting, maybe it could be for a campaign level, you need to gather so many gold minerals in one mission, and the next one they give you the Mothership they built with it.

16. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

meh, i think it would be kool just to have different colored minerals instead of making rare resource would remind me of Rise of nations :p

17. ENTAROGUNTER

ENTAROGUNTER New Member

Although they had the nuke in Starcraft 1 to balance the races, so if in SC 2 they add super powers to the Protoss and Zerg, but keep humans nuke's from the first one, it'll be unbalanced. Unless they change it some how.

Although I like the Ion Cannon idea, maybe it could fire a nuke kind of attack to anywhere you can see on the map. Than again that would kind of make the nuke obsolete. I like hearing "Nuclear launch detected." At least if I'm the one dropping it ;D

I don't know, I hope Blizzard has some awesome ideas though.

18. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Does "Ion Cannon Launch Detected" sound equally pleasing?

19. paragon

paragon Guest

no not really because ion cannons don't launch, they fire. And they fire in a straight line so having an ion cannon on the ground fire upwards and hit something else on the ground doesn't make any sense.

20. paragon

paragon Guest

technically they are, just the interceptors aren't.