1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss ideeas

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Anubis_theDark, Sep 6, 2007.

Protoss ideeas

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Anubis_theDark, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Anubis_theDark

Anubis_theDark New Member

Right..so basicly a player would expand , gather thousends of resources build up a large army to kick you ass and when he reaches your base to activate the flame and boom... you practicly push his game over button. That would practcly make the protoss invulnerable. because if you get the money to build this thing that means your oponent is doint either the same or preparing a large army to assault you and when you blow up that army in one strike... its kinda lame. Also i know that temple of the xel'naga you talk about ... it happens i'm a big fan of SC. But as you can remember before that you had 2 missions where you would have to take the uraj and khalis crystals with as i can remember were uniq. By building more than one of these temples would make the meaning of those missins be stupid. And as a second thing the temple was Xel'Naga - they are the demigods, the power overwhelming race not protoss - and as i can remember well now it's something like 'the xel'naga return...the end of all things' (with xel'naga artifacts) so as far as i can say they should be the ones haveing such a tech. Protoss should only get and adv. defence structure.

2. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    First off there is no button on it so as soon as you build it you win no it is not like that it takes a whole 15 minutes for it to even get ready and as soon as it is you practiacally win but listen to this.

Building a huge armie and WAITING for the things warm up to get to close to being finnished and then attack no that is STUPID the reasonable thing would be to ally yourself with all the other players and try to kill him together as soon as you can. NOT WAIT FOR IT!

Besides the Protoss understand how the Xelnaga stuff works who do you think they got their tech from?!?! They were raised by the Xelnaga as their first race they gave birth to (thus the name protos meaning 'first born'). All the protoss were back then were simple Preditors who had a very strong Psionic link to each other so they could litterally become one mind with many vessels when they were hunting and thus becoming the ultamite warriors if raised properly. And that is exactly what the Xelnaga did they created near perfect images of themselfs accept they did not have to eat or drink they gained strength through the cosmic radiation waves (for exaple something like our sun or stored up comic radiation) and they could not shapeshift like the Xelnaga. But the Xelnaga failed and they gave them all of their technology to quickly so that the protoss were nearly as powerful as them accept they did not have the deeper wisdom they have now of time or space.

They are also constantly studying the new artifacts that they find and then they take the new tech from it produce it into their armies and find a way to use it as a weapon. They could also duplicate the Uraj and Khalis cristals but they didn't in the game because they said it would take way to long and they would all be dead before they were finnished transfering the templar powers into the new cristals.

3. Anubis_theDark

Anubis_theDark New Member

Dude belive me i know the story behind starcraft. The xel'naga didn't give the protoss shit. They only showed them that the way they were liveing was bad and helped them develome an advanced society. With the teachings of the xel'naga the protoss were able to reach the level they are at. But with their advancement they becomed stuburn and decided to detach themselfs from the xel'naga. Haveing a structure that is capable of ending a game is not for starcraft. It could be a multiplayer game type but that's about all. Why not give the terrans a power that would call in the entire terran battlecruisser fleet and whipe out the whole map or the zerg a power that would call in the swarm and again whipe out the whole map. This kind of structures/abilites is not for starcraft. This is a tactical RTS so i say a big no to this. the power of creation and destruction is for the xel'naga alone, and just because rotoss can understand parts of their tech doesn't exactly give them their tech. If they would have the same tech than why the hell would they fear them. As for the crystals... come on..why not duplicate the terran nuke or other xel'naga tech. Maybe they could even start the creation of a second zerg specie as the xel'naga did but one they could control...that would be the ultimate weapon.