Protoss hero idea

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ichirin, Dec 10, 2007.

Protoss hero idea

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Ichirin, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I think there isn't any problem with heroes as far as they are only in single player, like in SC 1. If you would be able to bulid them, that would ruin the whole game.

2. Zacron

Zacron New Member

With the scout scrapped,what role u think Artanis will take?

3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Advisor

4. Zacron

Zacron New Member

huh?I mean what will he be considered to be?

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I don't think he will be a unit anymore. O think he will be like Aldaris and only appear in the briefings between missions. Maybe some cinematics too.

Remember he got a promotion he is at the top of the food chain now so he will be doing mre commanding than fighting

6. Ichirin

Ichirin New Member

Mmm I can see I wasn't very clear. What I meant a SOMEKIND of probe, not a gatherer probe unit, but something that looks in the same style. My idea was that since protoss use mainly advanced robots for non-combat jobs, there would be a new hero robot which would have non-combat abilities, like maybe somekind of EMP, recall, or other stuff like that.

@longlivefenix : And no, I wasn't suggesting an invincible sadisctic probe with a chainsaw attached to it who would turn on its masters and kill everything on its way.

7. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Yes, but I didn't even like him. Btw, I heard Blizzard is also planning some"in game cinematics" which will be amazing with the rotatable/zoomable cameras and the nice 3d graphics :) so I hope this will be in..

8. Zacron

Zacron New Member

Edited out quotes. Please read the forum rules and refrain from quoting unnecessarily.
    This post is spam. Please refrain from using such methods of posting in the future.

9. IO

IO New Member

Interesting....... It can be done!

Probe AR-09(or something like that): This probe is an experiment by the protoss in an attempt to create some form of multi tasking unit designed to help the protoss along after the fall of their homework. Unlike most probes its glows a bright orange and has several abilities unique to this prototype.

Cloak: AR-09 has a built in cloaking system which is basically a modified observer cloak, because the parts of the observer and the probes differ by some extent and because the probe must still function as a resource gathering and builder unit the cloak is inferior to that of the observers and will only last 3 minutes before having to recharge. (that is it would work under the same elements of units that need energy to cloak such as the wraith)

Building microprobes: They allow the AR-09 prototype to cut the build time of any building by 50% however need to be recharged for the amount of time they were building after they are finished. This ability must be manually activated by the player and is NOT automatic and if activated will force the AR-O9 prototype to stay by the building during its construction giving the player a choice of what to do.

Communication beam: NOTE THIS ABILITY WILL BE LORE ONLY IT IS NOT ENTENDED TO BE USED IN GAME PLAY, the AR-09 prototype has many functions, one of its most important is a communication device designed to "talk" with the various species the protoss have in countered before they had lost their homeword (remember the stories of the protoss thinking of themselves as the "Shepard's" of the galaxy by watching over less powerful races), the device is installed on the probes "eye" and when activated shoots out a blue beam of energy that first scans the brain of said primitive species and then "talks" to it by sending in signal that is designed to directly stimulate the communication areas of said creature, in short its a first contact device that allows the protoss to sign treaties and be granted permission for things like colonization a head of time.

NOTES:
    My idea of the AR-09 is something i think wouldn't EVER make it into the game however the idea of the probe hero was an interesting one and in an attempt to make it sound more possible i have come up with AR-09..........

Lore: After the fall of auir the protoss were at a standstill, the main protoss body has been forced to combine with the dark Templar and tensions have still been rather high. Artanis and whatever remains of the protoss ruling body decide that before they can even think about retaking auir they must first start finding resources and rebuilding. While this process was under way the protoss needed a planetary scout unit that could move silently from planet to planet in search of other survivors and minerals. So was born the AR-09 prototype, among its many abilities it also could find and retrieve minerals samples that could be used to determan if said planet was right for harvesting and with its advanced comunication tools it could make contact with and communicate with any native civilization it came across. Only 1 AR class probe was built as after AR-09 was sent on a single exploration mission it nearly fell into the hands of a group of Terran pirates as its primitive AI program mistaken ed them for a native species, after having to send a rescue team to retrieve the highly advanced probe Artanis decided to halt the AR class probe project as even on its first try it nearly gave away the protoss's position to the various fridge world Terran pirates. However AR-09 was still a highly powerful builder and was recommissioned to assist in rebuilding various protoss cities that had been destroyed in the short lived (but devastating) zerg invasion of Shakurus.

NOTE PART 2: again this idea would never make its way into the sc universe...... ever.........

10. Ichirin

Ichirin New Member

@ IO : Maybe it could be an unlockable unit in the campaign editor or a temporary special hero in a series of maps like the Enslaver?

11. IO

IO New Member

Yea i was think that AR-09 would fit best in those niches however i think there might be a possibility of such unit fitting into at least one of the main story based missions, possibily the protoss turtorial (which i believe would happen on shakurus) it would make sense if it was based on my fan made unit lore...

Yet again, chances are low.........