1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protoss has too many lasers!!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by bigtymers69, Jun 26, 2007.

Protoss has too many lasers!!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by bigtymers69, Jun 26, 2007.

1. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

I don't think the protoss use too many lasers. I mean, the scout used a machine gun of some sort. That never really made sense to me though so maybe more lasers isn't a bad thing. I also feel like protoss lasers are more focused than the Terrans. The Terrans lasers are more burst firing why the Protoss in SC seem to be using streams of energy; i.e. the warp rays and colossus. This just means that they are more advanced.

2. capthavic

capthavic New Member

I think they are more worried about balance and making a fun game than "Do we have too many lasers?"

Besides it's like Star Wars fans complaining that there are too many lasers or Jedi powers!

3. surr

surr New Member

ok telling protoss to stop using lasers is telling humans stop using missles and bullets,,, not very smart unless u want a marine wielding a bow and arrow and a zealot swining a flameberg at you.

4. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I think this is the most ridiculous arguement post since the Colossus laser color topic ;D :p ^_^

5. Outcaster

Outcaster New Member

lasers ,lasers,lasers... these are implemented in SC2 in different assortments which look very good in my opinion, and they are also put there in order to show effects like glow, bloom etc.. what did u want to shoot, bullets, missiles or what... little fluffy bunny rabbits that say BOOM when they hit the target, lol

P.S. it's still early alpha, they may change some things in what concerns this "problem"

6. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i personally love all the lazers. the collosi's esspecially. it's a beam surrounded with another thinner lazer.

7. coalescence

coalescence New Member

btw, soul hunter has no laser. lasers are waves of lights, but we can't see those waves, so a laser looks like a straight line to us. Well the beam of the soul hunter isnt a straight line, it looks more like an electrocal discharge (which is also not what it is) if you look at the shape. And lasers don't suck up souls (and protoss shouldnt do that too actually)

8. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Actually coal, we are seeing the Soul Hunters using Soul Steal...which they learned from the undead warlocks that crash landed on Aiur :)

9. paragon

paragon Guest

I see nothing wrong with the protoss using lasers. They used to use what? mostly photons, the scout had missiles and an autocannon, and then some things had psi blades or other psi damage things.

10. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Actually, I don't think any of the Protoss weapons are supposed to be lasers. The only laser-users are the Terrans. The complaint seems to be directed towards "energy weapons," with "beam" and "projectile" subsets. if you think about it, there aren't many more ways of causing damage to something...except for spontaneous damage without some form of transfer...and some units (like with the Dark Archon's Feedback) even do that.

They do use only energy weapons, but they are abstract energy weapons. if they were lasers you wouldn't be able to see them, you'd only be able to see the red dot of where they are hitting, if that.

And lasers aren't "concentrated light," they are "coherent light"- light with one uniform wavelength. The amount of energy in the beam (or even whether it is a beam at all) has nothing to do with something being a laser.

11. DontHate

DontHate New Member

why should terrans have lasers? they should just have good ole' bullets and artillery. also their lazers are redish orange, protoss's are blue.

12. paragon

paragon Guest

The most powerful lasers that we currently had are made from different gases like oxygen or CO2 or other things. The protoss probably have something better. And the most powerful lasers we have have successfully intercepted artillery shells and rockets and destroyed them so Terrans having lasers in the year 2500 isn't far fetched at all.

13. WuHT

WuHT New Member

I actually liked the "antimatter encased in an energy field" type projetile (ie the energy balls) from dragooons, photon cannon, and arbitor. they dont fill in the screen as much as the newer "laser beam" type weapons..and lets you SEE whats under them more easily. This is why i liked siege tanks and marines as well...

14. burkid

burkid New Member

to all of you that didnt like the colossi's laser, its a thermal lance:p

15. paragon

paragon Guest

heat ray

16. MrFrancko

MrFrancko New Member

The Colossus' were originally used as giant cooking mechanisms. You could cook a whole feast in seconds!

17. for-glory

for-glory New Member

in the future ...there are no microwaves only colossus..es

18. paragon

paragon Guest

They had a thanksgiving bengalas the size of a mammoth

plural of colossus is colossi

19. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    I don't like the way Twilight Archons attack.

20. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea me neither the archons need lazers.