Proton Charge Idea -- drop probes' shields

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by n00bonicPlague, Jun 19, 2009.

Proton Charge Idea -- drop probes' shields

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by n00bonicPlague, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Ste

Ste New Member

Chicago
    I thought they also moved faster?

2. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    maybe, in not quite sure tho, all he asked tho was how many mineral they get per trip when they were under the effects of Proton Charge.

3. Lightchess

Lightchess New Member

Are you positive its 5 min per trip? The original starcraft was 8 min per trip, I think you made a mistake. 5 is not fast, the game would last for ever.

4. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Its 5 minerals per trip, but they gatter faster.

5. Gardian_Defender

Gardian_Defender New Member

Oregon_USA
    they changed the rate of gathering?

so thats why the decided to give the races a economy booster.

but they havent come up with one for the Zerg. i say ditch the eco boosters and go for a mine like 10mins a trip as well as increased speed and you get to mine 15 from high yeald resources. (yellow ones)
    that would increase the game speed trememdusly, it would become the Extreem speed RTS game of all time! plus that would have its problems but its an idea that could sweep the eco boosters away to a place where the are not heard of.

what do ya think?

6. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    As far as I know they changed the rate so it resembles scbw better, so I dont like your idea, I like the speed(s) in scbw.

7. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    lolz
    it would be an extreemly hard game and might screw the newer plaryers.
    (noobs)

but yea maybe you could change that in the editer since it sounds like pretty much alter everything except create your own units.

8. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Wwhat do you mean?

9. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    i mean a pro would have so many minerals that he would make an army in no time and a noob wouldn't have any clue of what to do so the pro just screws him over (of course it happens in SC1) but this would also making it a hell of a lot faster game.

plus i could see it being in the editer where you have each mineral patch 2mil and a drop harvests lets say 2k each trip so it would be the same with gas making there be more room for army.

(that what u were looking for?)

10. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    No, I was looking for sc2 to be like scbw (speedwise, so fastest is like fastest, and normal like normal). But yeah, I think in sc2 the pro will pawn noobs faster than in scbw.

What im saying is that Blizzard will make the game probably as fast as scbw, and I think they will also remember the new econ abillities - so the game doesnt get too fast.

11. Lightchess

Lightchess New Member

If you want a fast starcraft game type just play Faster Possible Maps. And even if miners gathered an insane amount of minerals the amount of money you should have in the bank should be close to 0 at all times.

12. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Ok, I'm sure that they will make the speed about the same but the eco enhancement either needs to be nerfd or they need to show us the Zerg Eco booster soon. I think people will start to complain alot if the Zerg in the next video (BR) win but have a terrible economy.

What I really am trying to say is, F*** the Eco boosters and just make it so u mine more minerals per trip instead of adding crap that puts more weight on the players and especialy weights upon noobz. This would make it a more friendly (noob friendly) game and make everything (economy wise) insta balenced. This would save time on beta and give more time on other crap like stat changes and units design and rolls. Plus with so many tile sets is there going to be each style of map for any given tile set. So like a lost temple for all different tile sets? (tile set = twilight, desert, city, instalation Etc.

I'm guessing not. But each tile set at least in SC1 was quite different(especialy in the amount of "light")

Such as desrt and twilight ones super dark and the other really light.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2009
  13. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    The Econ abillties were added because Blizzard wanted to make the game more macro heavy (a lot of macro was removed from scbw -> sc2), which I liked very much. The problem is just that right now it looks very imba, especially Protoss. So balance it down (BETA!), and I think the Zerg will be fine with their eggs.

14. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    I dont know about that. If you don't have the economy to support making use of the eggs you're ganna get pwned pretty quick.

15. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    More eggs: more drones: more econ. It will allow Zerg to stay 2 hatch instead of having to build a 3rd hatchery (300 gold), 2 queens cost less and can defend the base too.

16. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    true i guess, but the toss and terran can also max the workers on the minerals plus have the economy boosters. but i guess if you did a 2hatch and made like 3 queens that would act like having several hatcherys plus you could just devote all of the energy of one to make drones and the other two to making units. but i think that making a new base in SC2 for the Zerg won't be as usful as SC1 because in SC1 you were in need of eggs more so and now in SC2 you're never going to have a shortage unless you're wareing down your queen's with constant use and have them at 0 energy at pretty much all times, whitch is what is going to happen i think in SC2.

17. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    o man, i think that might be true.... dang hopefully, blizzard can fix that. maybe they can put some sort of cooldown for the extra larvae ability? or perhaps make the amount of extra larvae less?

18. Gardian_Defender

Oregon_USA
    Well the way I see it. For the Zerg it's the one extreemly great feature especialy because you will have a slightly less economy the way it's going right now. So the queen would basicly save ur @ss.

Looking at the other races there going oh sh*t he can mass produce an entire army off of two baeses with out having more then 2 hatcherys, sh*t I should just GG now.

So I think if a cool down was to be added it would force players to make more queens or more bases or both. But the way I see it the Zerg need this for economy (Massing drones faster then the other races combined) and need it for unit production. But I could see it being over powered in some cases. But think about a rush type thing. It would become the 9 PQ (pool queen) rush and you'd basicly have like as many lings that you could make as soon as you have the reasorces. This could also not put the player as far behind if it fails because he would have some defence and he could make drones like hell to catch up in no time and put down more expansions.

19. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    wholesaleabc hi!
    btw, if u wanna advertise stuff contantly, plz put it in signature cuz i think that would look soooo much cooler ^^

anyways, yes, i would like a small cooldown, maybe like 15 seconds cooldown?
    or perhaps it would take more energy (90energy?!?!?!?!?!?! lol "?!?!?!?!?!?!?!")