1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Predator

Discussion in 'Terran' started by otherguymk2, Aug 4, 2007.

Predator

Discussion in 'Terran' started by otherguymk2, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Well although the wraiths are classics, it seems that they have been beaten down by the newcomers.

2. Shadowdragon

Shadowdragon New Member

I really wanted a wraith with beefed up AA. I guess the predator will do, but I'll probably end up avoiding most starport units again.

3. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Eh the Wraith was good but it had a relatively useless ground attack the Predator seems like it will do what the Wraith was best used for more effiently and the Predator seems like it will be a great adaptable air unit which seems to be the terran theme now.

4. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

An early Starport is great for backup units to the Vikings. Now the transition from factory to Starport will be much smoother. The terran mechanics, just like the Protoss tech-tree, is doing really great so far! Very smoothly! ;-)

@ LordKerwyn: the Predator may not be used to fight the protoss scout. Neither as an air controling unit in T. vs. T., as it's atk is very low. I think the Wraith's role is completely extinct instead: noone can take it's place...

5. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I could believe that Eye_Carumba i never really played the terran enough to know every units roll positively and either way most of what i say is my opinion which is based a ton on what i have been reading on fourms like these.

6. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

No problem. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, based in whatever they think it's best. ;-)

7. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

I think it also depends on how it blocks the attacks. If it sacrifies itself or if it shoots out a volley of flak. I'm not sure I'd be real interested in a suicidal ship unless it was REALLY cheap. (like a scourge)

8. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

It's not a suicidal ship, that's for sure. It halts atks with it's intercepting lasers.

9. drewcbarnard

drewcbarnard Member

lol...that too

10. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    The photo stats of the Predator that has been released calls its attack "Flurry" so it could be possible it fires some kind of volley. Maybe like a single shot aoe flak thing?, similar to how corsairs did splash damage?

The intercept mode is known so far to "block" and "reflect" attacks and we havn't even seen it in action yet so I think it could go either both ways.

As for Predator or Wraith, I will sadly have to say Predator since the Wraith doesn't seem to have a place in Starcraft 2 anymore.

11. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

That's good. I wouldn't like a terran kamakazi.
    I think I'd be happier if they just scrapped the whole intercept thing and gave it a light ground attack.

12. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    Pretty sure they said it'll show up in the map editor. All the old units will.

13. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    That would make it a wraith.

14. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I voted Predator. This is after all, Starcraft II - and I want to see more new units. I also like the new ability - it sounds like it will be pretty useful. I believe, as some others here do as well, that this ship will work like the Corsair did attack-wise.

That said, I HATE air-to-air only attacks. Ground only attacks are fine - there are more ground targets and it is a critical weakness. But air-to-air only attacks bother me like none other. I hope they give it a really weak ground attack, like the old Wraith had.

15. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

As much as I like to spice up the mix with as many new units as possible, I loved the wraith. They were my favorite unit to mass. They were great until a group of 6 Corsairs took them all out. Ha ha.
    Give the Predator a small ground attack and I'll be pleased.

16. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I'm guessing us Terran players are just gonna spawn Banshees like rabbits, so chances are you'll at least be making a Starport for everyone's favorite anti-ground!

17. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

Yeah, I know. I would just rather have the Wraith back. I'm one of the bigger supporters of change units to make a near-completely different game, but I love those Wraiths. I hate to see them go.

18. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    They were a little too inflexible.. I would never really use them for a ground attack against anything larger than marines or hydralisks....

19. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

We really have no idea what the predator is like in normal mode or the "attack enemy missles" mode.

We only know that its 100/50, 2 supply, 100hp and 4 damage, normal speed.

Now speculations, its attack is called flurry, and it has multiple lazer barrels, which razes an eyebrow to say the least. We really have to wait to at least see how it attacks and how its special ability really works to say anything, although from what we're read so far it doesnt seem all that usefull since i dont see it stopping warp ray....rays? Or stalker lazers or marine bullets, or hydra spines.

20. Eye_Carumba

Eye_Carumba New Member

It could still be 4 dmg with aerial AoE? ò_Ô