1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Predator, is it really nescessary?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Oct 16, 2007.

Predator, is it really nescessary?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Oct 16, 2007.

1. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    It has only got an Air-to-Air attack, no Air-to-Ground attack at all, it's supposedly better at taking on a lot of weak, small units, as opposed to capital ships (Vikings are designed to take out capital ships). I'm not sure if it does area of effect, or attacks multiple targets. It also has an intercept laser, that destroys any incoming missiles. I don't think it will destroy every missile that is going for it, it probably has a cool-down or something.

2. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Or possilby something like the laser things on some of the aircraft in the command asnd conquer generals zero hour game where they just zap the incoming missles and not only at them but also near them even tho they may not be going to that plane! :)

3. Overling

Overling New Member

I think that however they though of this ability, it will have such a use that will make Terran air much much stronger. What if interceptor mode is capable of intercepting Scourges? Vikings firing animation should not allow it to switch targets so fast to take care of many small air units.

Neutralizing scourges, specially now that control groups can be bigger, is a must in this new scenario. Protoss got Overload, Terrans must have another way other than massing BCs.

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Scourges aren't missiles or projectiles though, they're units. It would make sense if they were an exception to the rule though. The interception would still need to have a cooldown though, otherwise it would only ever be able to be taken down by units that fire bullets or lasers, and they would be immune to Turrets.