1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

posts and minerals

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by BnechbReaker, Sep 14, 2007.

posts and minerals

1. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I suppose I did go overboard. I originally just wanted the ability to buy a base they are the ones who said lets attack them too.

2. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I like the base thing, but the battle thing could get annoying. For instance, I just want to make my minerals to buy stuff, I don't people to come and kill my minerals. That's why the theft item was axed.

3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yeah I didn't like te attack thing either I just added the ideas because I figured I would make up a limit just in case.

I figure you have a population limit and a building limit so your base reflects your personality.  If you like air you will have more stargates if you like basic units you will have more gateways.  It will add some racism since in the game you have limited room.  Then they could add in the item shop a "My Expansion"  Where you can by an expansion that is half the size of your main and comes with more mineral fields and a geyser

Fot the building limit normal buildings will tak up 4 grids while creep colonies pylons and supply depots recuire one. Colonies and pylons will each open up 8 more spots for you to build on or something like that. The tech tree will be in effect

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I think perhaps the Mods should just be giving out more mineral rewards for posts.

That would solve everyone's problem.

5. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

lol after a round the circle discussion, it's back to my initial suggestion of giving more minerals per post.

i still think posts less than 10 words are penalized 10 minerals and between 10-20 words you earn nothing. after that every word is worth 0.2 minerals with no cap on the max amount of minerals per post, this way a typical Remy post would earn roughly 200 minerals instead of 7, which is fair since most of his posts are like a phd thesis.

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    No to the mineral penalty for the less than 10 words post. For one it takes a short story to make that much amount second While some one word comments are bad there are phrases that work in the situation so it would be better to let a mod decide. Besides it isn't like you get anything useful for posting 10 words anyway.

Also some of Remys posts are a little too long. There should be as much of a penalty for taking too many words to get a point across as there is for using too few because in most cases something can be best explained by keeping it short and simple

7. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Oh....I'm...a..bad guy now?...ok iff this is what this forum is like then...ok...fine :|

8. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

so why post less than 10 words? i don't quite get you, you seem to be contradicting yourself. you say no to <10 words penalty then you say you need to make a short story to post 10 words, then you say you can't get anything useful for posting 10 words anyway.

can you clear up?

9. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    it takes a short story to make 10 minerals

^ example of a legitimate post of less than 10 words.

Here's the math for you to be  able to make 10 minerals would require you to write 150 words.
    A 10 word post make 1.6 minerals.  That is a major disparity.

Please read the forum rules.
    RULE No.8
    DO NOT DOUBLE POST

There is an Edit button where you can edit your last post to add things. Posting consecutively is not permitted, and will result in mineral penalties. The only exception is when a member cannot edit their last post due to a Moderator's edit. In that case the member is permitted to make a new post only if it is constructive.

Thank you for the cooperation

I am well aware of the rules thank you. I mereley did that for emphasis feel free to take the minerals for the second post but realize I did it for a reason.

10. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    ^ Example of a double post, spam! ;)

Mods giving out minerals would be the best way to fairly increase the mineral income of members who post constructively.

Of course, that means you wouldn't get a lot of minerals for EVERY good post, but the ones they see they would give them out for.

I try to point out good posts to the mods and they HAVE rewarded people, but I think it might need to happen a little more often.

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I did that as an example of how to do a post less than 10 words that is still perfectly legal. I was not just randomly spamming it had a purpose.

12. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

actually with my suggestion of 0.2 minerals per word after the 20th word, a 150 word post would earn 130*0.2=26 minerals,

currently an 150 word post would only earn 7 minerals, as the it is capped at that amount

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I was calculating that on the basis of a mineral limit being removed that is the only way to make up 10 minerals lost to a bad rule.

One thing go around and look at how many few word posts you can finde then tell me what effect a mineral penalty for short posts would really be

14. Quanta

Quanta New Member

What's this I hear about pets givng your minerals? I thought they were just for showing off how much you've contributed and a lil more customization.

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Not just pets. Every once and a while the admin gives out minerals to all the owners orf a certain item. Last time it was th owners of Immortals before that marines before that teddy bears (collectors item)

16. Quanta

Quanta New Member

Ahh thanks, I was wondering, I had never read anything about pets giving you minerals, i was confused.

17. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

They should just remove the 7 mineral limit. Seriously, if you write a long, awesome post you should be rewarded for it with minerals compared to the time and effort you put into it. The 7 limit is there to prevent spam. However, I feel that the forum should be geared towards the people who use it for tech right reasons, not to prevent people who don't really belong here. Sure, it might take a little extra modding and some harsher penalties, but we should just trust people to do the right thing, but have a back up for those idiots out there that don't listen. Seriously, if you want to be here and be a constructive person, then just follow the rules. Anyone else is obviously not the type of person we want here.

18. moobox

moobox Member

Quanta as BirdofPrey was saying you can get minerals just for owning a certain pet, they act as bonuses every now and then. But there are also pet workers (Drones, SCVs and Probes) that give you a certain percentage of interest on your minerals per day.

19. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

you don't lose any minerals if your post has more than 10 words, and even this short post has more than 25 words. any shorter would really be spamming

20. coreyb

coreyb Guest

@ moobox ,

I thought the drone's SCVs and probes increse Your rate on the banking system because most of us have 0.01% which is next to nothing! and so some people have the probes SCV whatever to increase it for good deed's! and not for posting for extra mineral's.