1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible better abilities for the Dark Pylon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by i3enny187, Feb 18, 2009.

Possible better abilities for the Dark Pylon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by i3enny187, Feb 18, 2009.

1. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    Well terrans have the freaking surveallance station so it not really that useful once they get it. btw the scan is now 20 energy
    Zerg , they have huge amouts of ovies, DANG
    still i see ur point
    STILL THOUGH IT WOULD BE COOL :p

2. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Mechanically induced fog of war.... vs. Cloaking field from MS?

3. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

Well it still reminds me of the Gap Generator. It did the same thing. All the sides got it. It toke a lot of power. All it did was create a fog of war over the base. All the units could still see in there. But I don't think they could see the same amount as before. But if I'm wrong which I probably am. Then I need someone to correct me. I haven't played the game for a while.

4. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    That *DOES* seem like the gap generator doesnt it? Stop stealing idea's blizzard xD.

5. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I've never played Red Alert so I wouldn't know

6. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

UHmmmm ive never played red alert games that much.... ive heard stories of it being good but they were just false rumors coz when i did play the game, at some point it didnt give me the same feeling of competativeness and fun that i had with starcraft so i just quit playing it, i check game reviews about it and its not ground breaking.... and this gap generator thingy from that game, doesnt even deserve to be recognized in starcraft, and they could keep that... after all its a different world out here.... were on universal domination an past that global turmoil era...

7. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

Well if I was going to put a new ability on it. There would be a ability that made all your buildings, and units go into the void. Unfortunately, this would require a lot of energy to do. So it will take about 5 energy a building, and 5 energy a unit to send them into the void. But it it also drains 1 energy per building/unit to keep them there. Now when they are in the void, the buildings aren't on the map, they are pretty much cloaked, except no observer can see them. They can't be harmed by any damage, but they can't do any damage ether, and you can't mine. But the nice thing is it drains a even amount over all dark plyons. So when they all run out of energy, your buildings, and units will come out of the void. But if any building, or unit is on another building or unit, it is destroyed or killed. But over coarse this would unbalance every thing. But it would allow you to hurt your enemy really bad.

8. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality

Thats kinda interesting...would the unit be allowed to move through all obstacles?

9. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

Do you mean like cliffs, and stuff like that? Well no if that's the case. It can only go where normal ground units can go.

10. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    Ah i see....eh maybe. if it was needed to be researched absolutely, the more options the better, with better strats and stuff ^^

Hey i was just thinking, since the shield battery is removed, why not use the dark pylon for shield recharge, and give it 250 energy, with an upgrade for faster energy regen?
    just an errant thought

11. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

If we do that. Then it has to be a automatic regen for the shields.

12. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    There is no chance of that ever happening. All community forums were wining about a new shield system some time ago. Now they have finally listened to us and came up with the faster recharge when not being hit for a while. And you want to throw that away with a new sort of shield battery? That would be crazy! -or it would have to work like moon wells from warcraft 3 somehow, with a limit on each pylon-

13. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

Were you not listining? We did give it a limit. 250 energy. When a unit goes inside a range, the plyon will then start charging the shields. With the current system, it will charge up even faster. It would take 1 energy per 3 shield point. Or 1 shield point. But if you have a massive amount of units in the range. Which we will. The energy will drop like a stone. Then you have to wait until the energy recharges. Then you can do the void ability. The ability I just talked about. It's a nice ability. But it takes a lot of energy to do. Here's what it is:

Well if I was going to put a new ability on it. There would be a ability that made all your buildings, and units go into the void. Unfortunately, this would require a lot of energy to do. So it will take about 5 energy a building, and 5 energy a unit to send them into the void. But it it also drains 1 energy per building/unit to keep them there. Now when they are in the void, the buildings aren't on the map, they are pretty much cloaked, except no observer can see them. They can't be harmed by any damage, but they can't do any damage ether, and you can't mine. But the nice thing is it drains a even amount over all dark pylons. So when they all run out of energy, your buildings, and units will come out of the void. But if any building, or unit is on another building or unit, it is destroyed or killed. But over coarse this would unbalance every thing. But it would allow you to hurt your enemy really bad.

Do you mean like cliffs, and stuff like that? Well no if that's the case. It can only go where normal ground units can go.

14. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    what?

15. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

That's why no one used the shield battery. But people do use the moon wells, because they have auto-casting.

16. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    I use the shield battery when im defending a fortification -.-

17. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

You may, but not everyone.

18. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    u just said *qoute* no one *unqoute*

and wats with u not having an avatar? staring into that black box scares the crap outta me :(

19. Cotcan

Cotcan New Member

Yes, because every match of starcraft, and video I watch, and play, no one uses the shield battery. I forgot to put a avatar in. I'll put something up. Soon.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
  20. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Everybody protoss player should know the importance of the shield battery. Especially whe using archons, or when playing against terran. -emp- You are missing out on a lot of strategy if you have never used them.