1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll: If carriers got another ability you would want.....?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by LordKerwyn, Aug 7, 2007.

?

If carriers got a new ability which ability would you like the most?

1. The carrier should not get a new ability.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The carrier should get a choice of abilities that take the place of interceptor slots.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The carrier should get the ability to kamakazie after it meets a certain requirement.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The carrier gets a choice of a single upgrade. (Like the Battlecruiser)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Carrier should just get a single basic reseached upgrade that applies to all carriers.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The carrier should just have a choice of interceptors.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Poll: If carriers got another ability you would want.....?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by LordKerwyn, Aug 7, 2007.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i actually voted for number 7, and i dont think that it needs to be a last ditch effort. i think my requirement is good, only exceptional carriers can do this(yes 15 kills is enough in gameplay) and not newbie carriers or else tassadar great sacrifice is a joke.

2. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I reworded the 7th option Zeratul11.

3. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

nice. thats better.

and the requirement should be that of my idea. lol

well what other requirement could be better than that? its like ranking for the great carriers, and now they can serve better my sacrificing themselves for tassadar and aiur. ^^

4. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    I'm still not a fan of the Kamikaze idea though....seems like a waste of minerals and no matter how many requirements it has, it makes Tassadar's thing redundant imo.

5. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    Requirements change to keep balance thats why i try to avoid listing any.

6. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    A problem with the Kamikaze ability is that it was the force of both the Templar and Dark Templar energies that Tassadar had learned to control. Both those powers were incredibly hard to master to the level Tassadar had as he had completed The Shadow Walk (http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Templar) being the only follower of Khala to pass the test that SC mentions and then the second which remains unnamed by Zeratul. That being said think of it in realistic terms. A Carrier exploding in mid-air... Unless it was in the middle of a swarm of units it would be a severe waste of minerals/gas even if it was at weak hp. Just retreat it back and give its shield time to regenerate. So Kamikaze ability should be striked as Tassadar was special. Sorry. :(

(Kamikaze as in Carrier flying into the ground, not, interceptors. ;))

7. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    While i can see your point Templar the carrier pilots wouldnt need to use dark templar energey at all Tassadar only needed to kill the overmind while the average carrier would only need high templar energy which by itself is pretty distructive if you look at psy storm and archons.

Also I dont think anyone is suggesting anything as powerful as what Tassadar did but rather something similar that a carrier can do when it is about to go down anyways. Also i would imagine you have to be rather powerful High Templar to pilot a carrier because you are by yourself piloting a massive ship and commanding a small fleet of interceptors.

8. Broken_Heart

Broken_Heart Member

More interceptors would be nice.

9. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

The carrier can kamakazie its inteceptors like scarabs.

that'd be awesome

10. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    @Broken while the idea of more interceptors is good carriers already and if you mean ontop of that current up grade there would need to be a choice between them or something kinda like the plasma torpedos and yamato gun without that choice why not make the existing upgrade stronger?

11. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Well, hardening their shield would make them too similar to Immortals.

Crashing their interceptors would leave the Carrier defenseless and is probably a sacrifice of the unit anyway.

So I vote for a kamikaze ability of the Carrier itself, since Tassadar did it, it definitely fits with the story of the unit.

The Carrier is actually a pretty vulnerable unit unless highly massed against an inexperienced opponent. That's why it has often been considered a "newbie's" strategy unless late game. I think sacrificing the unit would be a balanced trait that would add to the dimensions of the unit.

I'm also thinking that you should be able to transfer interceptors to another Carrier when one Carrier dies.

12. Indigent

Indigent New Member

I voted for the one I mentioned in the other thread. The about the different types of interceptors.

13. beBoy

beBoy New Member

I do like the idea of Shiriken, being able to damage units in its way of attack would be best; compare to Interceptors that only shoot the target~

Well, I like to have both :D

14. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

I just think that a carrier would carry diffrent types of drones like carriers today i mean one could be good vs air another vs ground and maby one to be good all around

15. Indigent

Indigent New Member

That was what I said in the other post...
    Welcome to the forum Smokie.

16. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    different options with interceptors is probally the most feasible and balanced option for a possible upgrade to carriers but it is nice to hope for something cooler, or atleast hope they will get something new.

17. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Yeah. That is why I chose it what did you pick? I like the interceptor idea because it has a bunch of health and shield and everything and they swarm. It just ballances it out, if there is only a land strike, then only 4 (Or more or something if Blizard should add this) intercepters can attack. So the carrier can be used at full extent if there are ground and air. Or something else.

18. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I chose the kamakazie carrier even im wishing i could change but the carriers do need some new evel of staying power becase units are doing more dmg in SC2 (atleast it seems that way) and i dont imagine the carrier doing anymore basic damage than it already did in SC1, so to equal that out i think the carrier needs to be stronger defensily. (which is the way i originally thought it should the battlecruiser doing massive dmg in bursts while carrier just taking forever to die)

19. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Oh yeah. Well, I would have picked that second.

20. darkphantom02

darkphantom02 New Member

I think that a cool ability would be one that lets you choose which kind of interceptor. Do you want a melee attacker for ATA attack and then the regular interceptor with the GTA attack or any combination of the two.

~~dp02