1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POLL: BlackHole Suggestion

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by TheFearless, Aug 16, 2007.

?

Which BlackHole Suggestion should the Protoss Mothership have?

1. BlackHole # 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. BlackHole # 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. BlackHole # 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. any of the above, BlackHole pawns and it makes the Protoss Mothership a Mothership

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. none, BlackHole is overpowered and needs to be removed for balancing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

POLL: BlackHole Suggestion

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by TheFearless, Aug 16, 2007.

1. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    I like the idea of a very powerful black hole costing you the Mothership but maybe instead of activate on death make it an activated ability that atuomaticly comsunes the mass of the Mothership to create the the bacl hole. (aka the Mothership kills itsealf to make a black hole). While i know this idea probally has been said before it seems like a good self balancing idea. I wont comment on the range of the balck hole, the amount of units comsuned, and the amount of warning a player is given because those are variable depending on balance.

2. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Wow I am brand new and I actually am involved in this.... awsome. Well I think the Mothership was absolutly perfect accept they should have a larger amount of sheild points 350 really isnt going to do it for a ship of that size actually no it is no a ship it is a FLOATING CITY! (sort of) and I think that atleast requires it to have 550 sheild now that would be a site to see.

3. Drafter

Drafter New Member

W00t welcome to the forum.
    Vote no to the black hole :eek:

4. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I cant believe that my comparison table for the mothership was brought up2 this thread.. ^_^ ^_^

anyway.. id rather go with blackhole 4 being like the arbiters recall skill but in this time the mommaship will open a wormhole that sends a number of units (enemies only) to be warped in another portion of the map... now in that way protoss will have a slight edge against its foes...

Wormholes!! ^_^

5. Drafter

Drafter New Member

Wormholes?you mean those mouth that pops up from nowhere?That unit looks imba.Trash

6. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

tsk tsk tsk.... u lack the info dude, maybe u ought to read your basics 1st b4 u trash sumthing u dont know.,...

i just xplained what they are...

7. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    wormholes idea is inovative but the origional black hole is freikin awsome and I think best. Maybe Wormhole ability in another unit possibly twilight Archon?

8. Drafter

Drafter New Member

tsk tsk tsk whos trolling who now.

9. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

its still an on going debate i guess.. but i think its a good call for blizz to forbid blackhole coz its way too powerful... like an instant KO

10. Drafter

Drafter New Member

I thought it can only be used on air units only...

11. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

in the first movie, it destroyed 2 battlecruisers and two dropships and stopped a yamato gun from hitting, so i guess it is really overpowered

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

just have it suck only a certain number of units. like a maximum of 8 random units. its sucks if you suck down scourge the most. hahah.

i hope they wont remove this skill. its the coolest skill ever. other game may steal it. so blizzard dont try to remove this skill just nerf it down. there are plenty of ways to balance it.

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I don't think it should be range based. having it suck in a bunch of interceptors and leave carriers intact just because it reached a unit limit is crap. It should be range based with a chance to escape if you aren't right on top of it.

14. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I think that's a great balancing idea for the Black Hole. Make it so within a certain radius if the unit moves quickly enough that it can still escape. Of course, others within that radius will be doomed no matter what they do.

Heck, you could also have the Mothership absorb damage when units are sucked in because they run into her or something of that nature. The bigger/more powerful the unit, the more damage taken from the impact.

15. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i have an idea for the black hole:

instead of giving the mothership the ability to cast black hole, make the black hole a passive ability which is only cast once - when the mothership dies. like the black holes formed after the death of giant stars, you can even include the supernova.

16. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Someone already said that. NO it would be crappy. What is the point of working hard to blow up the MS if the ensuing destruction takes out your fleet anyway.

17. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

well the black hole would also suck in their own units, so it's like a double edged sword

18. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I have been on many game sites for many games and the general consensus is that cast-on-death area-of-effect spells are bad.

19. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

but if the mothership is a unique unit then it would be bad, it would only happen once and you'll only have one unit that does it, which would be good. personally i think the mothership must be a unique, otherwise they should just bring back the arbiter and change some of its abilities.

20. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    You don't need a cheap ha ha I killed you anyway spell to make it unique. It is already plenty unique