1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Player's colour schemes on units

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by LimaBeanMage, Jul 12, 2007.

Player's colour schemes on units

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by LimaBeanMage, Jul 12, 2007.

1. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    ^phycadelic

im hoping that the zerg colours are dull

2. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Yeah it's unlikely that creep will be team colors. I imagine that the zerg colors will be much less pronounced than with the other two.

3. paragon

paragon Guest

i hope the zerg are shades of black and brown and death

4. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Yep, in the newest patches of Brood War they added colors such as Green, Black, and a variety of other scribbly colors... Pale blue too.

5. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    i love how death can be colour :]

6. LimaBeanMage

LimaBeanMage New Member

What ever happened to prismatic? I always loved when I was playing Zerg and I would get lucky enough to be an iridescent type of team color. It would shimmer but not in a sparkling kind of way, it was a darker shade that shimmered.

7. mc2

mc2 New Member

It would be really nice if the player gets to choose a colour for their team. I'd go for red if I play Protoss, white for Terrans, orange for Zerg.

The only problem that remains is that what colour will the player be in the mini map? Players in SC1 is always green, hence Blizzard made the enemy teal instead of green to avoid confusion on the map. I think it's time that the players team colour is what shows on the mini map. And pink could be used for remaining units from dead players.

8. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    i want a really ramdom colour
    maybe as a cheat or a reward i would love being phycadelic for anyone especially toss tye-dye pylons :D

9. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

For one, it's psychedelic... just felt like pointing that out. And I would very much prefer Starcraft 2 to remain in line with the themes of the original- dark, broody, and caliginous imagery, not rainbow flags hanging from all the protoss buildings with kindergarten tyedye yummy blow pop units. As LimaBeanMage said, Blizzard should not ruin constants of the story and game just for some multiplayer flair.

10. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    yea so if you look at this standpoint... whats the default color of a zerg then? It's not always brown when you play starcraft. I hear no complaints about a purple zergling. The psi blades should be no different.

11. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I'm fine with a purple zergling because only select parts of it are purple... plus I find it far more reasonable to say that the Zerg have evolved to gain such a color, or that it's simply a different brood- like it was in the originals.

12. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    so why not have each protoss tribe with a different psi color? can't the protoss eveolve psi color too? I mean they are the protoss... they are king of technology and anything psi-related

13. Gorythax

Gorythax New Member

Maybe they're conservatives? I looked kinda forward to the pink psi-blades though... :p

But I'd really like to actually be able to choose my color... it would be less frustrating than ZOMG I got prismatic lingz RM RM RM!

14. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Because they didn't have different colored psi in the first one. Psi is not something the Protoss can evolve, it's something separate from them that just happen to have a link to. The Zerg have always had their color scheme, why go against Starcraft history and add something nutty like this?

15. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

yeah because we all know how physical manifestations of psychic energy work...
    it could be a change in tech or a change in how the Protoss concentrate their psi, who knows?

it is a made up tech in a video game

and besides, the Zerg weren't always purple and orange and brown and red... we could be having this same discussion if SC1 took place before the Zerg evolved different carapace colors, so colored psi blades not being in the original is not a very solid point tbh

16. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    toss are lords of their minds wouldn't they be able to make different coloured blades if they wanted to?

17. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Zealot 1: YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!
    Zealot 2: No stfu i teched faster lol
    Zealot 1: :< GG.

18. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

another very solid point that bears repeating. we don't even know the full potential of the human mind, let alone the potential of the minds of mind-talking aliens

PS - whoa...if you think about it...Darth Vader is like a Sith Dragoon......

19. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    oh that reminds me... the lightsasber in Star Wars have different colors... so why not the protoss? Blue might be a default color in the "light" side and maybe the "darker" side discovered some techonology to change the color. Cause you know... blue is soo boring. haha

On a side note, I don't know much about Star Wars except watching the movies so anyone can help me on this?

20. Nikzad

Nikzad New Member

different colors relate to different strengths...i used to know the hierarchy - now I only know that purple (Samuel L. Jackson as Mace Windu ftw!) is the strongest

the color has to do with the type of crystal you use, which has to be perfectly aligned in the lightsaber or else there will be a ginormous explosion. you need the power of the force, apparently, to be able to line it up right. even so, they have droids to go out to some wide open space with nobody around to turn it on for the first time