PKZeppelin's new signature!

Discussion in 'Graphics, Wallpaper, Fanart, Signatures, etc' started by PKZeppelin, Nov 6, 2007.

PKZeppelin's new signature!

1. PKZeppelin

PKZeppelin New Member

What's the point with that 'flow' ? When i posted sig in gamereplays.org, each dude criticised that flow is bad. This is just a canon in sigs fashion/unwritten rules, imo main idea of sig is to be different from other users, not showing the technic you did it with...

2. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    the aim of the sig is what the creator wanted to achieve with it. If you want it just to look nice and it does it, it's great. Other will want to use proper tehiniques, flow etc. to show their skill and that's good too as long as they're happy with it.

imo

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    The funny thing is that these 'experts' don't consider the possibility that the break in flow is on purpose to create tension within the image.

You see I can talk smart as well :)

4. SD-Count

SD-Count New Member

You're right, ignoring advice is better. Going with the attitude, WTF? My text sucks? My render is obscured? Half my sig could fit in better? Well SCREW THAT! It looks nice and entertains, I don't need criticism to get better.

If he were going for a tense feel a clipping mask would have done wonders, maybe a more rugged text too since that was his focus. Flow doesn't make a signature necessarily better, but it does help direct how a viewer looks at your piece, generally a piece with good flow makes it easier on the eyes to follow and the viewer thinks it's more enjoyable.

If you're going to break the rules, be blatant. Completely shatter the rules, don't hold back which I also felt you did. It's good you had fun with it, as you should, and next time you do art you have something to improve on.

Also, I did like some stuff here, but a "OMFG! KICK ASS" is as useful as if I didn't post at all, in fact, it'd be less useful, I'd be taking up space for people with criticisms.