1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phoenix: Ground attack?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by 1n5an1ty, Mar 4, 2009.

?

Do you want the Phoenix to be able to attack ground units?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2010.
  1. Yes.

24 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No.

13 vote(s)
    27.1%
  3. Don't Care

11 vote(s)
    22.9%

Phoenix: Ground attack?

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by 1n5an1ty, Mar 4, 2009.

1. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Protoss are not terran wannabes and you cant expect every unit to have the same counterpart with same-like qualities... besides its not everyday that protoss players will be making air units considering how good its ground lineup is

2. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    No i was responding to wat a guy said about banshees... sry if i didnt use a quote, too lazy

3. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

i personaly dont care about ATG attacks when it comes to protoss. Protoss didnt have the best ATG in sc1 and i could careless if blizzard thought about it now. Whens the last time u were killed by mass scouts??? its just not something to be concerned about. Lets worrie about ATA and the loss of overload.

4. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

scouts are too expensive and food costly, unlike the phoenix except for the AtG blasters... the way the phoenix right now for me is perfect... who would complain for a unit that has one powerful skill to levitate an area or target... logically speaking its even impossible for the phoenix to do that.. i mean, wow that technology is way too powerful for a fighter like that...

5. KyukiPwns

KyukiPwns New Member

What the **** dude?

6. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

you can't return something from Blizzard, only Blizzard can

I think this ability would be sweet but would it be balenced

There is large and small there is no "this guy does a lot to this armored guy but this armored guy should not lose as much" there is just large and small.

7. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    It would be balenced?????? R u FOR AtG or not?

I was massed attacked by scouts three times. I died once -.- see?
    And if ur worried about the cost, u cant always heighten it by a bit...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I don't see a need for it. Protoss already have sufficient Anti-Ground. Remembering that the Colossus acts as a pseudo-Air unit, and exclusively attacks Ground, I don't see why the Phoenix should be changed.

Seriously, there's no more reason to give the Phoenix an Air-to-Ground attack than there is to give the Corrupter and Viking one, or the Banshee, Colossus and Swarm Guardian an Air-to-Air attack.

9. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    Lol psuedo air-unit. Eh good point i guess. But still, i would like something cheaper, and faster.
    T.T
    I guess it wouldn't make that much of a difference if they dont put in AtG for Phoenix...but a guy can wish :p

10. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I cant see the tag price for the phoenix... i just want it around 200 and not exceeding 300,,, but i dunno since harvesting has been made easier this time around.. so protoss expenses may be compensated this time around with the aid of d.pylon...

at the very least it still can attack ground units via skill use, so its still ok..

11. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    Please do not quote the post directly above your own. Please read the forum rules before posting.

yea but its a target spell... which really does suck ass since it would only be really good against stronger units like the ultra or tanks. even then u need more than one.
    PLZ BLIZZARD IM JUST BEGGING FOR A PHOENIX GROUND ATTACK!
    tho i really dont know why... :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2009
  12. lvhoang

lvhoang New Member

Seattle, WA, USA
    well you know what blizzard, just remove the downside of paralyzing the phoenix upon using anti grav and we ll be fine. ANyway WTF you name it Phoenix and it no longer has anything from a so called phoenix?

YUP! I want the corsair back! They nerfed not only the scout but also the corsair.... Hate it :(

13. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Yeah, corsair is way more useful than fenix... but we dont know yet coz gameplay for units like those hasnt been fully discovered yet

14. A milli

A milli New Member

Virginia
    They could leave it at only AtA but then i would hope they would make one of the other protoss flyers faster so you could have one to conduct hit and run attacks on CC/Nexus/or hatchery.

15. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    Or change the colossus' attack back to how it was at first so it could fill that role.

16. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    not likely
    void ray -> long time for damage
    carrier -> dude its a friggin capital ship plus it needs interceptors its gonna kinda weird...
    mothership -> eh, but maybe too expensive?

17. Novacute

Novacute New Member

Hold on, then what's the purpose of the Anti-Gravity skill then? Isn't it used to allow the Phoenix to attack ground units?
    I think all of these 'super units' are going to be costly. I think it's to prevent the player from overusing them. Image a C&C3 game with over 10 Reclamator Vehicles loaded with 4 Zone Raiders.........

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  18. lvhoang

lvhoang New Member

Seattle, WA, USA
    anti gravity is only of use if you have several phoenixes.... anyway, this unit is seriously missing anti-heavy air capability, or at least, something that makes it counter mass air.

Its not a Protoss feature to be able to build plenty of units you know. They should be strong and costly.

Right now Protoss are both weak and costly. WTF :D

19. Novacute

Novacute New Member

Phonenix is the best answer to anti air in the protoss arsenal. It has an astounding attack rate and it does up to 20 damage per shot. It's also relatively cheap to produce, and is much more useful in unison with other phoenixes (eg. with other phoenixes). Furthremore, the Wary ray IS the protoss answer to heavy capital ships such as the battle cruiser. Their damage potential increases overtime and therefore, devastating against powerful air units. Not to mention the Protoss Carrier is another popular choice against resilient air units.

Also, is most likely the easiest race in reponse to mass air units. The high templar's Psi Storm is an ideal example in this situation. Finally, i think you're a little bit too biased with the protoss. While i believe that BLizzard may be able to make some adjustments concerning the damage output of one or two units, their air arsenal is perfectly solid.

20. Dragon God

Dragon God New Member

Vancouver
    I dont know, however if the pheonix fires liek.... as fast as a marine, i may be happy but instead of the anti gravity thingy, give it a distruption web... IT WAS MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE!!