1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phase Cannon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Phase Cannon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Zombine

Zombine New Member

its a building, so its not going to have a tiny wounded zealot in it. ;)

2. coalescence

coalescence New Member

I hope you are joking, because that was not what he was saying....

3. Zombine

Zombine New Member

forgot the smiley face...

oops.

in all seriousness, i dont think the phase cannons move fast enough. i think the toss will rely on heavy support(reavers and mmortals) and blitzkrieg tactics like the soul hunters and zealots.

4. T-man

T-man New Member

Also, from everything I have seen in the Phase Cannon segment, they cannot attack when phased into move mode. In addition, they have a transform time, so you can't expect to just roll in with a Phase Prism, and start blasting.
    It'd be more: OK, let's move slowly, while taking tons of enemy fire. Then, when we get there, let's deploy, and still take enemy fire, so by the time we're set up, an SCV or two could kill the Cannons...

5. LoserInLosing

LoserInLosing New Member

Y would u use phase cannons in replacement of units? Phase cannons arent units, u dont use an army of phase cannons... imean how silli would that be... an army of buildings.. i mean come on..

6. mc2

mc2 New Member

Well I've tried photon cannon rush before and it worked once, so people could mass phase cannons and use them like units. Yeah units will definitely be a better choice for offense and defense than static. And don't you think they made it too much like the siege tank's movement/attack method?

7. Zeratul

Zeratul New Member

In some respects I guess..
    It's similar but quite different when applied. Sure they'll be able to move like unsieged tanks and be able to deploy like siege tanks but they can't shoot while moving and they're restricted by movement presumably. So it's quite different in practice I think.

8. T-man

T-man New Member

Ever heard of towering? ;)
    It's a rather effective, although easily countered, strategy, and Phase Cannons make it even easier and cheaper to do. Instead of having a huge, costly line of towers stretching from your base to an enemies, just make two pylon cluster's worth, and leapfrog them across the battlefield.

9. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    That sounds like a Terran tank push. Except, the tank push is rally expensive because you have to support it with all kinds of anti-air and anti-infantry. Photon Cannons (and I expect, Phase Cannons to a greater degree) can attack everything, but you need a whole lot of them to hold off any decent army. I imagine a Phase push will emerge in StarCraft II, but make no mistake, it won't be anything like an unstoppable strategy.

10. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

they call it: scourge2prisms!
    series no.2 was named: banes2pylons!

11. Zombine

Zombine New Member

series 3, nukes to all!

if a phase cannon is an upgraded photon cannon, then it will cost probably 200+ minerals. if theres 10(the smallest you could effectivly work with) per group, a nuke wouldn't be that insane of an idea.

12. [LightMare]

[LightMare] New Member

it's to early to say: zzzomg!!!112 unb4l4nc3m3n7!!! 11 !!!! ?! imp0ssib13. we haven't a clue on the other races. well, sort of, but that's not enough to form opinions

13. wuffle

wuffle Member

I have seen different animations in the videos for cannons. Therefore I believe he is right in saying that they will be an upgrade.The Phase cannons are balls floating on a circle, while the photons still have their cannons pop up. I don't think they would change the look of a phase cannon in that small amount of time.

14. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

if you're gonna start saying that then you gotta finish the job. copy/paste that to every other thread except the chat/spam areas kthxggbye RAWR! ^_^!"

15. ZeiDjon

ZeiDjon New Member

I think it is a cool ability that you have to be able to move them back into your base or to the edge of your base, and i think that with 2 phaseprism you can push them to the enemy base and use them as support for your troops or atleast build them close to the enemy, they die instantly if they are moving and they loose power, otherwise they will just sit and wait to be powered up again, so i think they can come in handy, but i also think it is a tier 2 upgrade.

ZeiDjon

16. Tankman131

Tankman131 Guest

that will be cool to use the phase prism with them to deploy by an enemy and slowly creep into their bas4e

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.