1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phase Cannon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Phase Cannon

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by coalescence, Jun 13, 2007.

1. PsiGlaive

PsiGlaive New Member

I'd say a good tactic if you can move them via prisms would be to move up some units to a foreward position and move cannons down to the area the warp prism is making to support your troops during an attack, of course this will leave the area you took the cannons from less defended!

Looks really cool actually, and I am with someone when I think that they will upgrade to have this warp ability.

2. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    Transport-able buildings...? Somehow I don't think that will happen.

3. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Well, terrans have transportable buildings, but I think PsiGlaives idea isnt gonna work with balancing.

4. Gold

Gold New Member

anyone else notice how the transformation animation (lol) was a bit fucked, it appeared for a second, then played the transformation, its really annoying me right now.

5. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

first appearance = shadow highlighting where you put it

what's wrong with psiglaive's idea? if phases cannons are strong enough to defend then they'd be strong enough to push (with support/meatshields of course....). do a dual-phase prism hop

6. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Buildings dont require pylons for control, so if the cap was set at 400 and you have sufficient money you could still muster a bigger attack force with all the phase cannons.

7. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet New Member

Maybe the cannon can only move a certain distance from the pylon whose energy field it was originally built in?

8. coalescence

coalescence New Member

Makes cannons completely obsolete when that pylon is destroyed, goes against what the phase prism is all about....

9. Pix

Pix New Member

But the phase cannon would not be powered if it were out of the pylon energy/phase prism energy fields, so there's no worries of sn army of them - they would be severaly limited by Pylon area coverage...
    Or am I missing something here? O.O
    ~Pix~

10. Meloku

Meloku New Member

Im guessing that the phase cannons need pylon power to maintain their energy form, if they leave it, they die.

also it appears that the flame throwers might have an effect on buildings, such as slowing attack rate, or additional damage, etc. Similar to the batriders from warcraft 3.

11. coalescence

coalescence New Member

You could use Phase Prisms too move LOADS of them to the enemy base.

Idea: Maybe they can only move over pylon fields?

12. Meloku

Meloku New Member

someone said that....

one post ahead of you. not to mention its common sense.

13. coalescence

coalescence New Member

I was already posting it, got occupied with someone else and then bashed the button a few times so I didn't see you post it a few minutes before me.

And about the common sense thing, I was making something clear to another one and I probably misread, happens even to me.

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

they turned into wasp (warcraft) and moved like one.

yes they can only be moved in pylon regions.

it would be unfair if they can be move anywhere . they will become additional units (not inculded in psi limit) if that is so.

15. paragon

paragon Guest

Wonder if they can be attacked while moving to their new location... imagine some phasing away from some melee unit to avoid damange. I wonder if they could go up cliffs if the pylon field extends over the cliff.

16. Zeratul

Zeratul New Member

My guess is no. I imagine they could be attacked while moving but not be able to go over cliffs.
    As far as I see it they'd be bad as an attacking force because it just requires too much time that the enemies can retaliate before they could really do any serious damage.

17. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    i wonder if you could attach them to the phase prism field and be moveable in the field when the prism is moving?

18. T-man

T-man New Member

When in pylon mode, the Phase Prism can't move. It essentially lands and makes a psi field.

19. NotDeadYet

NotDeadYet New Member

I think he is asking if it would be possible to move Phase Cannons around using Phase Prisms.

You probably could, but since the cannons are so slow and moving them across the battlefield with Phase Prisms would require a massive amount of micromanagement, you'd be better off building units.

20. paragon

paragon Guest

I just remembered that Dragoons were like weak moving photon cannons. They had the same attack (but less damange) but you generally made lots of them to make up for it. So, Phase Cannon replaces Dragoon? I mean sure the Immortal is the actual storyline replacement but the Immortal seems to have a slower and weaker attack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.