1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petition: Bring back the Predator!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Psionicz, Feb 6, 2008.

?

BRING IT BACK

1. Bring it back!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No way... (why)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Something new (idea)

100.0%

Petition: Bring back the Predator!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Psionicz, Feb 6, 2008.

1. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    HT´s owns mass hydralisk´s, and are normally also the counter for the masse hydralisk build!

2. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Lol they're the counter to any Zerg unit excluding Ultralisks.

Damn we went from talking about the Predtor to High Templars and Hydralisks. lol

3. Shadowdragon

Shadowdragon New Member

Mass Arbiters. They won’t kill much, but they will make the other player hate you for freezing their army/workers for 30 minutes.

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    And, if you take care of any Detectors, they'll have to get through a lot before they can see your units.

5. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    That's like the awesomest strategy ever. Make half your army arbiters and the other half carriers, goons, and reavers, and you're almost invincible. Except against Zerg.

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I'd say except against Terran. Zerg have to have their overlords on the front line to detect the Cloaked units so they'd easily be targeted. If Terran have a few Comsat Stations, then, even though it only lasts a small amount of time, they can't get rid of it while it's there.

7. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I'm gonna try this against the AI and see how bad it screws up.

8. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Zerg with Ensnare and plauge (detects invis :D)...
    Could work ok against Terran
    Vs Protoss, not that good i think.

9. ekulio

ekulio New Member

Terran can lockdown arbiters then EMP and Toss are screwed. Takes some intense micro tho.
    Besides, it's not worth it to mass Arbiters because they're so expensive and take FOREVER to build.

Back on topic...

I like the predator but I wish it could attack ground. I don't like how everything is dedicated either AtA or AtG. And if they make the viking powerful enough then yes the predator is redundant. It'd be the Valkyrie all over again.

10. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

For real, it is what I have been meaning to say. Wouldn't a strong ground-to-air attack be enough? In starcraft 1 the original, you didn't have a dedicated air-to-air unit, the only attacking air units were the wraith and battle cruiser, and neither were pure ata. Then in brood war, they added the valkery, a dedicated ata unit that doesn't even get used that much.

11. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    There was Devouers, Scourge, Corsair, and Valkyrie as the pure AtA units. Out of all the Corsair and Scourge got used the most. But since this is Sc2 with new mechanics and units I think AtA would be needed for Terran since Mutalisks and Phoenix beat Vikings. Vikings are just good for taking large units out. Terran need a fighter which is equivilant to the Mutalisk and Phoenix. But they should come up with something new and innovative.

12. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

I want it back, but I think it needs a better ability(if any at all) than the intercept. I still don't fully understand it.
    Give it flak bombs that make the same effect as dark swarm.

13. ShoGun

ShoGun Guest

It would be nice if the jackal had the ability to target air, then they would annihilate stacking mutalisks.

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i still dont know why they removed the predator. terran ATA only unit is a must.

15. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Why do Terran need another Anti-Ground unit? If the Predator (or its replacement) has Anti-Ground capabilities, then its Anti-Air attack would have to suffer. Terran don't need any more Anti-Ground, and do need more Anti-Air, so why would you weaken the Predator's essential Anti-Air attack to add an unnecessary Anti-Ground attack?
    The reason the Valkyrie failed was because it was extremely expensive and only good in larger groups, not because it was pure Air-to-Air.
    They would have removed the Predator because there was a problem with it, not because they didn't need, or want, an Air-to-Air unit.

16. Gforce

Gforce New Member

I would like to see some more ATA untis for the terran, so bring the predator back.

17. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    If you want more Terran Air-to-Air units, why do you want them to bring the Predator back instead of a new Air-to-Air unit? The Predator obviously either didn't fit in or there was something wrong with it which is why it was cut, so why want a unit like that to be brought back?

18. Gforce

Gforce New Member

why not? the predator is a dedicated ATA, and that is what the the terrans are lacking. For some reason it seems to fit right in with the rest of the terran army.

19. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    A new unit could be dedicated Air-to-Air and fit with the rest of the Terran as well. If the Predator was cut, it was cut for a reason and there's no point in bringing it back, which is why they need a new Air-to-Air unit, and not the Predator.

20. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    But the only reason it got could was because of the "only Terrans have bullets" right?
    What about if it instead made a magnetic shield that was able to cast (or throw or whatever) lasers back?
    Wouldnt that fix?