Overheating? Check your internal temp.

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Ursawarrior, Apr 5, 2009.

Overheating? Check your internal temp.

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Ursawarrior, Apr 5, 2009.

1. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    They invented watercooling for that... You can buy it in every decent computerstore.

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwdCn1nlAkA
    That's true. Also, it's duct tape.

I tried the program a very long time ago but I didn't get a few values and it refused to allow me control my fan RPMs so eventually I got rid of it, and the fact that it just didn't autostart with Windows made its trouble to usefulness ratio too high. Alternatively I could be too dumb to understand such a program but for me it was just a blingbling temp display on the tray and nothing else. If you clean your case regularly (every ~6 months is enough if you clean in the house regularly) you can avoid temperature problems without needing to actually see it displayed.

3. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Speedfan is mostly there to turn off your fans, or at least slow them down, when they are not needed. When you are watching a movie for example. It can then lower RPM so you will not be bothered by the fan noise.

Anyway, if it was not working for you a while ago, then it might work now. The program is updated quite often.

4. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I must have nice fans or something cause my PC is always on, and either processing physics or crunching numbers, and I'm hovering around 30-40 for all mine, except my GPU. It's a bit higher.

5. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Layout of your parts and cables also have a lot to do with it. If you can only here the fans, then you should be fine. If you here a lot of noise, then there a things in the way of your airflow. Extra fans -so not the ones pointed directly at your video card for example- should let the air flow between the parts, not be pointed directly at it. Having a good airflow with 1 fan is better then bad airflow and a tornado in your pc.

6. bralbers

bralbers New Member

North Carolina, USA
    I remember how my brother's computer used to keep me up at night (until I got used to it) because it had 8, yes that's 8 fans running on it. He had it over clocked so I believe that was his reason for so many fans.

7. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Lol, I would use watercooling in that case.
    Using 8 fans is madness, so much noise...

8. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Not to mention your power bill would double.

9. bralbers

bralbers New Member

North Carolina, USA
    We were sharing the same dorm room at the time. We live in separate spots now, so I'm not sure if he still runs it that way. I know he tried liquid cooling but he didn't like it. Like it leaked or something so he switched to mass fans.

10. Zaru

Zaru New Member

Austria
    Heat killed two of my harddrives, almost 70 degrees celsius weren't meant for those babies.

Does having one side of the tower frame open negatively affect the temperature?